Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   On The Road... (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/)
-   -   Can't Poop! (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/cant-poop-95699.html)

3campers 08-26-2012 05:13 PM

Can't Poop!

O.K.... I have to admit this thread might be strange and maybe not original, but I have a serious question! First, I'm as "regular" as they come when I'm at home...with that being said. We just got back from a 4 day day stay at Kring Point State Campground in NY! (By the way, awesome!) Here's my issue...when we spend long weekends in the Airstream, I can't poop! Stop laughing...seriously! I could use some advise. I find that I get backed up and after three days of no doody I start to feel so so and really need to evacuate the, eh hem...you know! Any suggestions?

purman 08-26-2012 05:27 PM

Wow, your brave man with that question. get ready for some fun but here is my suggestion. Enema kit :lol: sorry couldn't help myself.

When I was a mountaineer guide in BC, we would have people with the same issues. We feed them a Canada cereal called Red River. ( Oatmeal type) Try some fiber type food or metamucil in the evening to get things going... Prunes could work too. Don't' eat cheese or foods that block you up.

TBRich 08-26-2012 05:31 PM

Not laughing! It happens! A lot of things can affect your system and knock it out of what...happens to folks all the time, especially when on a trip... is it the excitement, change of diet, just traveling/riding...who knows? Be sure to keep your hydration and fiber up and be prepared by taking along a mild laxative if you need it...

purman 08-26-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBRich (Post 1194457)
Not laughing!

I am :lol::D:lol: Sorry it's not really funny, but because it is a kinda funny topic, and I have the humor of my 6 year old I have to laugh..:rofl:

FreshAir 08-26-2012 05:50 PM

PRUNES!

nEil:blush:

TBRich 08-26-2012 05:50 PM

Guess there's always room for a little healthy potty humor! :rolleyes:

Notice I said a mild laxavative...one shouldn't forget that when camping one are not always near a bathroom...add that one to the visuals! :huh:

purman 08-26-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBRich
Guess there's always room for a little healthy potty humor! :rolleyes:

Notice I said a mild laxavative...one shouldn't forget that when camping one are not always near a bathroom...add that one to the visuals! :huh:

While in the mountains: pine cones, rocks, snow, and skunk weed works great :)

Aage 08-26-2012 05:55 PM

Remember what your mother used to tell you: "You're not eating enough FRUIT!"

And ps: this is the BEST bar none time of the year to dig into the fruit...

xrvr 08-26-2012 06:04 PM

At least the black tank will not fill up. What is your secret? Jim

Lily&Me 08-26-2012 06:11 PM

More high fiber foods, and lots of water. :)

Maggie

Wazbro 08-26-2012 06:19 PM

On the subject of water are you drinking the local water, water from home or bottled water when you travel? (if bottled do you normally drink bottled?)

Many people have their system messed up by changing the water they drink no matter how good that water is.

idroba 08-26-2012 06:21 PM

lots of liquids, water, soda, lemonaid (maybe evern beer) will help you out, I think.

3campers 08-26-2012 07:20 PM

I do switch to bottled water exclusively when camping... hmmmm..

aceflys 08-26-2012 07:37 PM

You need to go to rallys with potluck dinners. All the great food at potlucks sure gets me going:nuke:

I feel your pain:sad:

Ace