Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Forum (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   Waldo canyon fire (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/waldo-canyon-fire-93086.html)

shmaliski 06-29-2012 12:29 PM

Waldo canyon fire

I just want to say that I am happy to be in our new-to-us '78 airstream on the lake in Wisconsin than at home in Colorado Springs. Hope everyone stays safe with the fires in Colorado.

StreamNTyme 06-29-2012 02:46 PM

Glad you are safe and I hope your home is safe too.

danlehosky 06-29-2012 02:52 PM

The fires look bad on the news. I hope everybody is kept safe. Some of the fire damage is hard to look at. We are in an opposite position as we are having an unusually wet summer. I've been complaining about that but after seeing the news footage I'll stop and count my blessings.

Dan

Mike Leary 06-29-2012 03:26 PM

I have a friend who's a sprinkler contractor in Colorado Springs and lost fifty clients, most whom owed him money for previous service work. He cancelled all the bills, knowing their problems were bigger than his!

StreamRollin 06-30-2012 07:35 AM

Hi Mike, Very important would you know the name and company name of that sprinkler contractor in the springs. thanks Jim

Colo_StreamN 06-30-2012 09:22 AM

Lost our house in Mountain Shadows.

We will have a better idea on Monday when the city will drive us by in a bus. We won't be allowed off of the bus so new information will be limited.
We always thought we wanted to full time so now we get to try it out for a few months.
The morning of the fire my wife insisted I that take the Bambi to work with me so we feel very fortunate to have that to live in. We are going out today to see what might be available at the local RV parks.

Mike Leary 06-30-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreamRollin (Post 1167679)
Hi Mike, Very important would you know the name and company name of that sprinkler contractor in the springs. thanks Jim

Send me a PM with your e-mail site, I'll contact him right now.

Goal15 06-30-2012 11:46 AM

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your house.

And good for your wife for insisting that it be take the Bambi to work day.

Glad that you are all okay. Know it is tough to lose items of personal memory in a disaster but the memories in our hearts and heads are the ones that are really important as we face life.

our prayers are with you and the others in Colorado Springs who recover from this terrible ordeal together.

Dana and Olga

Stefrobrts 06-30-2012 11:53 AM

My heart goes out to the folks effected by the fire. We haven't traveled much out of the NW, but CO Springs is one of the places we've been to a couple times and had great times and enjoyed the natural beauty of the area very much.

Sorry to hear about your home, Jerry. That's a tough way to make the jump to fulltiming :(

Mike Leary 06-30-2012 12:01 PM

I lost a house and all within it to fire years ago; tough one. However, I'm sure it was that experience that got me on the road.

Colo_StreamN 07-04-2012 11:20 AM

Our house is not a total loss

We learned this week that our house in Mountain Shadows is one of the few on Ashton Park Place that is not a total loss. We had 27 firefighters defending our street the night of the fire. The city let us go to our property for four hours last Sunday so we got a second chance to retrieve the items we would have taken the first time if we would have ever guessed something like this could ever happen. We've been in the Airsrteam 11 nights now. I have talked to neighbors that say there are no hotel rooms available in the area. We are the lucky ones.