Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (
-   Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents (
-   -   Little plastic piece: (

njloco 05-16-2012 03:15 PM

Little plastic piece:

This is for a 1963 GT.

I had to replace a window today, and broke one of the little plastic pieces that attaches the hinge to the frame, it is a plastic piece that appears to snap together with a little spring in the middle. Doubt if these are still available so I need to find it from someone with parts.

Did a search and couldn't find the name of it.


Minno 05-16-2012 03:22 PM

Got a picture?

TBRich 05-16-2012 03:23 PM

I don't know exactly what you are looking for from your description, but you could check with Vintage Trailer Supply to see if they have what you need: Vintage Trailer Supply - parts and supplies for vintage travel trailers and campers!

Good Luck!

njloco 05-16-2012 07:31 PM

It's kind of hard to describe, when you crank out the window on a 63 GT,there are two arms that fold out and push the window out, it's where these arms connect to the frame of the window, inside a little track is a plastic piece that the arm connects to.

When you change the glass, you have to slide arms off of the window frame and these plastic pieces also slide out connected to the ends of the arms.

Hope this helps.


Shacksman 05-16-2012 08:11 PM

It's called a nylon friction pad available here Nylon Friction Pad

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.