Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   General Repair Forum (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   flag pole mounting and flag pole in general (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/flag-pole-mounting-and-flag-pole-in-general-88290.html)

chrischarles 03-04-2012 04:07 PM

flag pole mounting and flag pole in general

Want to purchase a flagpole that can handle two flags, any recommendations open to good ideas.
Is a collapsible flagpole any good or is it a gimmick?
Is the flagpole mount that sits below the tire any better than the flagpole that mounts to the hitch? Please help.

Airtandem 03-04-2012 04:14 PM

John from "sandlapper"?? has a 3 and 5 hole that attaches to the jack post. check him out, he is on the forum

Alumaholic 03-04-2012 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I bought my three-holer from Sandlapper. It's a nice design, beautifully fabricated.

Urbanologist 03-07-2012 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrischarles (Post 1115258)
Want to purchase a flagpole that can handle two flags, any recommendations open to good ideas.
Is the flagpole mount that sits below the tire any better than the flagpole that mounts to the hitch? Please help.

Search this term on EB: "Airstream 5-Pole Flag Pole Holder" and you'll find a very well made flag pole holder. Excellent fabrication and cost.

Urbanologist 03-07-2012 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrischarles (Post 1115258)

Blue Hawk painting poles work great! Six foot - Twelve foot style cost $14 at Lowe's.

Ganglin 03-07-2012 05:32 AM

Airstream Forums - View Profile: sandlapper

Here's a link to "sandlapper" profile. You can send a message from there.

Airstream Dad 03-07-2012 08:04 AM

See my profile picture to the left, another fine sandlapper flag holder, highly recommended!

Jim

Westfalia 03-07-2012 10:12 AM

What size flags are you guys running? I've been looking at Sandlapper's flag pole mount and it looks like the best quality mount available.

dkottum 03-07-2012 10:38 AM

We use the excellent Sandlapper 5-hole flagpole holder. Beautifully constructed and sturdy. We use Lowes painters poles and 3' x 5' flags, lots of them.

doug k

Alumaholic 03-07-2012 02:30 PM

Doug K is right 3' X 5' flags are the most properly proportioned to you flag poles and your Airstream.
"Bigger ones are too big.
Smaller ones are too small.
3' X 5' flags are just right."
Goldilocks

Airstream Dad 03-07-2012 04:55 PM

Lowe's flagpoles and 3x5's here (USA, Virginia, Germany), work beautifully.

ROBERT CROSS 03-07-2012 09:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
hris[U]
Quote:

Originally Posted by c[/U
charles;1115258]Want to purchase a flagpole that can handle two flags, any recommendations open to good ideas.

Got ours at Camping World 8 years ago. Quality telescoping aluminum. Stand can go under wheel or tongue. This one looks similar, except ours is un-painted aluminum.

Not extended fully in pic.

Use it all the time.:wally:

Bob
:wally:

sandlapper 03-07-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS (Post 1116845)
hris[U]

Got ours at Camping World 8 years ago. Quality telescoping aluminum. Stand can go under wheel or tongue. This one looks similar, except ours is un-painted aluminum.

Not extended fully in pic.

Use it all the time.:wally:

Bob
:wally:

Bob, my tongue jack mounted holder has the advantage of being already in place, all the time. Just drop the poles/flags in and lett'em fly. And if need be, you can make a "parade lap" with the poles in the holder. A grand entrance.

Bambi75 03-31-2012 06:39 PM

OK, I just bought a Blue Hawk painting pole, 6-12 foot style. Looks like it should work, except I obviously need to make some mods. Do I just cut off the blue plastic base and the blue plastic top? What hardware should I use for mounting flags? The
Valley Forge 1-Inch diameter Rotating Mounting Rings, 2-Piece

on Amazon look like a possibility, any experience with those? Thanks.

sandlapper 03-31-2012 07:37 PM

Bambi75, I put a large screw driver through the hole in the handle, then whack the screwdriver to knock the handle off. May need a third hand. Hitch pin clips are easy mounting for the flags. I 'm not familiar with the Valley Forge things but they look good. If you need some photos check my profile page. John

archiedh 03-03-2015 09:25 AM

Ken,

Where did you purchase your flag poles? Got a link or model number of them? They look different than the typical extention poles. They look ALL aluminum.

Thanks,

Archie
Mississippi

BoldAdventure 03-03-2015 10:54 AM

We had a 4 pole mount, made out of aluminum attached to the electric jack. I took it off and promptly threw it in the trash can.

extiger 03-03-2015 11:14 AM

This is what I use. I fly two flags, US and Texas. I have used it for 3 or 4 years and happy with it. I like being able to adjust the height based on the wind.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21mYY08fGCL.jpg
<LI class="mainImageTemplate template">
<LI class="swatchHoverExp a-hidden maintain-height">

Flagpole To Go 14-Foot Portable Flagpole

#energyEfficiencyTitleInformation { font-size: 19px !important;}
by JTD Enterprises

/* * Fix for UDP-1061. Average customer reviews has a small extra line on hover * https://omni-grok.amazon.com/xref/sr...teTemplates#40 */ .noUnderline a:hover { text-decoration: none; } 67 customer reviews

#averageCustomerReviews, #averageCustomerReviews_feature_div, #ask_feature_div { display: inline-block; *display: inline; } | 25 answered questions .askPipe { color: #666666; padding: 0 5px 0 5px; }

List Price: $45.99 Price: $36.33 Free Shipping for Prime Members You Save: $9.66 (21%)

Note: Available at a lower price from other sellers, potentially without free Prime shipping.

In Stock.

Color: Silver

span.nobreak { white-space: nowrap; } #addProfessionalServicesRow { display: table; }

• 14-foot, 4-inch portable flagpole for tailgating, parades, events etc.
  • Sets up in less than 60 seconds
  • Extends to more than 14 feet
  • Holds (2) 3-by-5-foot flags (or 1-by-2-foot flags)
  • Includes two sets of clips; collapses to 44 inches long

Protagonist 03-03-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extiger (Post 1588464)
This is what I use. I fly two flags, US and Texas. I have used it for 3 or 4 years and happy with it. I like being able to adjust the height based on the wind.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21mYY08fGCL.jpg

I tried a pair of those flagpoles just last week, except in the 20' length. I was not impressed. The upper clip in each pair tended to slide down. Also, the twist-locks on the sections tended not to stay locked after the wind shifted and wrapped the flag around the pole, so the poles partially collapsed to a shorter length.

I'm presently looking for better telescoping poles that use spring-loaded buttons to lock in the extended position, and with rotating anti-furling rings to attach two flags to. Preferably in a 20' length for use with an "under the tire" base on my Interstate so I can get the lower flag on each pole above the van's roof line. So far I've not had a lot of luck; those features seem to be more common on poles for permanent mounting at home than on portable poles for RV use.

DuncanK1 03-03-2015 11:37 AM

I think OP is looking for one flagpole that can fly two flags? I found this on amazon....

http://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Struc...gpole+two+flag