Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Our Community (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   Looking for Airstream Rental in Austin, Texas! (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/looking-for-airstream-rental-in-austin-texas-86411.html)

tabbycam 01-10-2012 07:33 AM

Looking for Airstream Rental in Austin, Texas!

Hello!

I work for a company who wants to use an Airstream trailer for a commercial venture during the SXSW music festival! We have some money to spend but don't want to get ridiculous about it...Do any of you know a company that would rent to us or do any of you live in the Austin area who would be willing to rent your trailer to us?

There wouldn't be any food involved so don't worry about messes being made!

Please reply ASAP! Thanks so much x

Frank&Mike 01-10-2012 11:38 AM

Vintage or New?

Are you wanting a Vintage Airstream or a Newer Airstream for use? I'll PM you with my contact information if you want to call me.

dsilver 01-21-2012 06:41 AM

Looking for Airstream Rental in Austin

I have a 31ft classic 2004, that I would be interested in talking about possible rental. If you are still interested post back how you would like me to get in touch to discuss possibilities.

ZoominC6 01-21-2012 06:55 AM

For a hefty deposit you can rent mine....say $90K :lol:

jenilizi 02-15-2012 01:25 PM

also looking to rent ASAP

We are a family of 4 looking to rent an airstream to try out the experience before buying. Please help with any info if possible.

thx
Jen Kinder

DKB_SATX 02-15-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenilizi (Post 1107333)
We are a family of 4 looking to rent an airstream to try out the experience before buying. Please help with any info if possible.

thx
Jen Kinder

How much of "the experience" are you looking for? Do you want to do tow/setup stuff to see if that's too much trouble? Or just the camping part? There are various KOAs around the country that have an Airstream already set up for rent, but finding one you can rent to tow yourself may be a little more challenging.

ZoominC6 02-15-2012 02:53 PM

Letting someone take my Airstream would be about like letting someone take my Corvette.....fat chance.
I'd check the KOA angle because, like the previous poster, I've seen several that have Airstreams set up for rentals. One in particular is up on Bar Island, ME, a beautiful spot.
Good luck.

Stella 02-15-2012 10:47 PM

This is really interesting. I have four photographer friends who have urged me to rent out my 67 as a prop for destination weddings. I'm planning to try it --as long as I'm not camping that weekend! -- to fund improvements to the trailer. It's not like the brides will be tossing any red wine around, they're too paranoid about messing the dress.

Aspirations 02-20-2012 08:36 PM

Jen-
They're out there, you may just have to do a lot of targeted googling. The Airstream corporate sight has names of a few prefab campgrounds like KOA that rent generic models out like cottages. If you want the full experience from backing-up to emptying your own black tank you may have to look further from home ~ N. or S. California, Florida, etc.

Stella - good luck to you, it certainly can be done... with good insurance, big deposits & If you have the mindset to balance the stress/bumps in road vs. extra income/new friends.

Stella 02-21-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoominC6 (Post 1107355)
Letting someone take my Airstream would be about like letting someone take my Corvette.....fat chance.

Well, yeah. Some folks have asked to take Stella camping or [shudder] to Burning Man, where the playa dust would have crept into her every crevice. No way. But towing her out to a pretty spot so brides can have their photos taken in her? No problem.

dsilver 02-22-2012 06:59 AM

Rental

Possibly we could work something out, need to have some sort of legal document for the agreement.