Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   WBCCI Forum (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286/)
-   -   IBT Live Streaming from DuQuoin, 2011 (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286/ibt-live-streaming-from-duquoin-2011-a-78929.html)

damonbeals 06-24-2011 12:29 PM

IBT Live Streaming from DuQuoin, 2011

The Saturday, June 25th, IBT Seminar will be broadcast from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. CDT. The session usually breaks for lunch from 12 noon to 1 p.m. The board meeting is Monday, June 27th.

The Executive Board will meet on Monday, June 25th, beginning at 8:00 a.m. to be followed immediately by the International Board of Trustees meeting. There will be a break for lunch from approximately 12 noon to 1 p.m.

Audio for the meetings will be streamed live. A windows Streaming Server is being used. Anyone who wants to listen to the meetings must use Windows Media Player and connect to the audio at http://wbcci.primcast.com/WBCCI

The feed will begin approximately 10 minutes before the meeting begins. The microphone will be closed during recess and music will be played during this period

More info at http://wbcci.org/index.cfm?pageSRC=I...Live_Broadcast

Damon Beals

airstreamhobo 06-25-2011 05:31 PM

Did anyone listen today?? The Motorhome issue is on the table again..sigh..sigh..

wheel interested 06-25-2011 06:02 PM

I had to work, would also appreciate a review if anyone will post it. Thanks.

LI Pets 06-26-2011 06:30 AM

There was a lot of support for the MH issue is this particular audience???????
There were 3 RP in big support.

Chuck K said there is nothing in the Inc papers using the word Airstream.

Pattie R. (Denco) and I made points in opposition, but it will move forward to the '12 delegates.

I don't think the MH chair will be talking to me after my comments.:rolleyes:

Of course it can be voted down again or amended.

There was some talk about grand fathering lifetime members of 10+ years

Listen for Mr. Franklin's comments.

dwightdi 06-26-2011 09:34 AM

Who voted to bring up this SOB motorhome amendment up again? Who opposed it? Looks like we are in for another 12 months of arguments and division within the club.

There are only 450 members ( 7.5%) that currently own motorhomes. Most of those will age out before they really need a new motorhome. Most of them are members of FMCA, so they can hang around together there if they want.

airstreamhobo 06-26-2011 09:49 AM

Let's lose another 1200 members but we will keep 469 members?? Does this make sense?:(:( I don't want to lose the friendship but We can grandfather them into a Thor Motorhome without voting rights,but this is not they want. They want Thor and power too, how can they vote for the betterment of Airstream club then. Remember there are 5,000 Airstream Owners that want rights Too! As I have said before..This is a Airstream Only:lol::lol: Club. Lets keep it that way. We need to get bumper stickers to advertise this!!!!! Did you notice when we arrive in new cities with a rally, the news media always take pictures of the rows of silver Airstreams and not the motorhomes? Airstreams are an American Icon and so is WBCCI lets keep it this way!:lol::lol::lol: I guess the smaller airstream clubs starting around the country will continue to grow. This will be another long year of arguments instead of Happy Times at Rallys. :angry::angry:

Ed Emerick 06-26-2011 04:41 PM

Not Kidding

Quote:

Originally Posted by airstreamhobo (Post 1009920)
Let's lose another 1200 members but we will keep 469 members?? This is a Airstream Only:lol::lol: Club. Lets keep it that way. We need to get bumper stickers to advertise this!!!!! Did you notice when we arrive in new cities with a rally, the news media always take pictures of the rows of silver Airstreams and not the motorhomes? Airstreams are an American Icon and so is WBCCI lets keep it this way!:lol::lol::lol:

Here is an idea, let’s start a movement to remove ALL non-silver and round Airstream motor homes from the club. If it isn’t round it's not an AIRSTEAM Movement.................

It’s time to kick those fiberglass lovers out.

tintent 06-26-2011 04:55 PM

What happened? Did the Dark Crystal emails get removed? They actually reminded me of that movie which was a classic. Would like to see it again sometime. Disagreements over the MoHo issue? It has just begun.

wheel interested 06-26-2011 05:10 PM

Damon is there anyway to speed up the posting of simulcast archives? I used to record the simulcast myself when I listened to it live but missed this meeting and possibly the next. The only reason I can see to delay the posting is to post it too late to be a matter of interest. The recording is made live, what accounts for the delay in uploading the file each day?

Did anyone take notes of specifics or care to expand on the particulars of what has been mentioned here so far?

Coloradobus 06-26-2011 05:24 PM

AHEM....Mr. Emerick?..........ED?, what about us lowly Classic Airstream MoHo and SQUARESTREAM ( you and Sandy looked at it for us) owners? Where are we supposed to go?

Ed Emerick 06-26-2011 06:26 PM

You can stay with the Classic and the Square

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradobus (Post 1010078)
AHEM....Mr. Emerick?..........ED?, what about us lowly Classic Airstream MoHo and SQUARESTREAM ( you and Sandy looked at it for us) owners? Where are we supposed to go?

You see the Classic is round, it can stay, the Square is not a MOHO, it can stay too.....

Its that group with the square fibreglass MOHOs that have just got to go. I say vote them out and our problems go away! OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! Join my Movement!!!!

Ed Emerick 06-26-2011 06:31 PM

And....

Those of you that are COOL and own a square fiberglass MOHO, sorry but you have to go too unless you buy a round Airstream product. We need to purge the club of these vile threats to our club.

Sort of like Carpet Bombing, sorry..................

mbmbstreamer 06-26-2011 07:51 PM

The issue is Airstream! Don't confuse the issue.

Ed Emerick 06-26-2011 08:12 PM

Not

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer (Post 1010143)
The issue is Airstream! Don't confuse the issue.

I'm not confused at all, they need to go. I see this very clearly.