Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Forum (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   Airstream Promo: (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/airstream-promo-7671.html)

canny_banjo_man 11-04-2003 03:37 AM

Airstream Promo:

Good Morning.
Jus picked up our daily paper, flicked through the pages, first thing I looked at was the x $...lol, then it HIT me...
Starsky & Hutch have ditched the Gran T 4a AIRSTREAM, & yes it IS painted RED with the famous stripe, a & r abt 2 go on tour over here 2 PROMOTE AIRSTREAMS...
I will try 2 get the item put up 4 U to read, foto an all...be warned it is NOT a prety sight...but will admit it IS better than mine...SIGH !!!......4 those of U with the means, it is in the SUN, Nov '04 page 28...enjoy...Chris.....

thenewkid64 11-04-2003 04:11 AM

Here is a link, I would pst the picture, but it is copyrighted. All I can say is what a waste of a perfectly good Airstream:)

The Sun

At least is just a photoshopped image :D

yukionna 11-04-2003 05:27 AM

I can do without some of their ways to give a caravan the "cool Starsky and Hutch touch!" Here are some excerpts...

1) Paint it red with white stripes to create that classic Ford Gran Torino look.

2) Park it under a high window and jump out, bouncing off the roof into a pile of boxes.

3) Hitch the caravan to your car, then tear around corners so it goes on two wheels.

4) To get from one side of the caravan to the other, climb on the roof and roll over until you fall off the edge.

5) Blow it up!

I guess, not being a S&H fan, I just don't get it!

DMAYRES 11-04-2003 07:11 AM

LOL! That's hiliarious...

(and kinda pathetic)...

53flyingcloud 11-04-2003 07:19 AM

Afterwards

We can all hope that, this is just a water base paint...??

ciao:cool:

flyfshr 11-04-2003 07:53 AM

Starsky & Hutch Caravan?

Glad to hear that the article said it was "mocked up." It is definately a PhotoShop-ed image.

FF

Sneakinup 11-04-2003 08:01 AM

And I thought "modernizing" my trailer was sacrilegious! :o

qqq 11-04-2003 09:28 AM

Cooool.... way better than all the ones rotting in trailer parks & fields.

Hart:)

markdoane 11-04-2003 12:04 PM

Promo

The only thing that would be worse: If they had used the Dukes of Harzard instead of Starsky and Hutch.

overlander63 11-04-2003 06:24 PM

Re: Promo

Quote:

Originally posted by markdoane
The only thing that would be worse: If they had used the Dukes of Harzard instead of Starsky and Hutch.
Hush!! Don't give them any more ideas!!
I don't think I could stand a Vitamin C colored Airstream...
Terry

biggerbadbrad 11-05-2003 12:20 AM

I hope this is just a bad dream! But I'm pinching myself and...o.m.g. I'm not waking up!!! Geez, they even painted the stripes on backwards! I knew I shouldn't have intentionally scratched my sister's David Soul LP so she wouldn't play it anymore. Not that it ever stopped her...

"Don't give up on us baby'' click!
"Don't make the wrong seem right" crackle!
"The future isn't just one night" pop!
"Its written in the moonlight" skip!
"Painted on the stars, we can't change ours" skip!
"Don't give up on us baby"

aaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

DMAYRES 11-05-2003 12:22 AM

Quote:

The only thing that would be worse: If they had used the Dukes of Harzard instead of Starsky and Hutch
Perish the thought ... I heard that with the stunts they did on that show, the production bought up just about every one of those cars in the Western States (Plymouth Chargers I believe they were), and went through them like Kleenex, smashing usually 3 cars per episode with the jumps.

Definitely not the way I'd want my A/S to grow in value.

canny_banjo_man 11-08-2003 01:28 PM

Batman...

Hi All...
.....Lets jus b lucky that BATMAN r not Airstream fans...can U imagine it..." Batman & BAMBI "...the later is fine...lol.
What next !!!...Chris.....

Rog0525 11-08-2003 04:00 PM

Batstream

1 Attachment(s)
!!!!

Rog