Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Other Rallies & Events (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f290/)
-   -   New Airstream Resort to Open in May (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f290/new-airstream-resort-to-open-in-may-74546.html)

mjglenn3 03-01-2011 09:21 AM

New Airstream Resort to Open in May

The Shooting Star Drive-In is an Airstream-only resort and features Airstreams as themed accommodations and as the ConcessionAir snack bar at the drive-in. Each night the tops come off the convertibles as you snuggle in to watch films and, of course, a cartoon or newsreel. Their Grand Opening weekend is May 5 - 8, consult the calendar for more information on the WBCCI Utah Unit kick-off rally (non-members welcome).

Blevi 03-01-2011 09:54 AM

Here's a link Shooting Star Drive-In - Opening May 6, 2011

mandolindave 03-01-2011 10:54 AM

I wonder what the rates are

They make no mention of price on the web page

DKB_SATX 03-01-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandolindave (Post 957933)
They make no mention of price on the web page

Let's see... considering the amenities offered and the fact that there are only 18 sites (all with water and electrical, half with sewer) plus 9 on-site Airstream "cottage" rentals, I'm thinking that in order to make any profit, the rates may be in the "if you have to ask..." territory.

Chief 03-01-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKB_SATX (Post 957938)
Let's see... considering the amenities offered and the fact that there are only 18 sites (all with water and electrical, half with sewer) plus 9 on-site Airstream "cottage" rentals, I'm thinking that in order to make any profit, the rates may be in the "if you have to ask..." territory.

I have to agree with SATX.....we may be a bit shocked by the initial prices before they become "market adjusted." We will be in the area in May, and would have been interested in stopping by......but, there is just not enough info available. It appears that Yahoo is hosting their website at the moment.....maybe when they get up-and-running there will be a better site with more info.

BTW SATX, it's off topic but I love the Avatar.....reminds me of our old girl of 14+ yrs. that we had to put down. Life is exciting with a Basenji.....we had a tri-color before the red-white.....guess we were slow learners! ;)

Chief

DKB_SATX 03-01-2011 02:12 PM

@Chief: my beastie is actually a Bull Terrier. She's 8ish... She was a rescue, the vet said she was at least 2 and she's been with me over 6 years now. I know what you mean about the slow learning thing! She is a handful and then some, but I know I'd take her if I had it to do over again.

mello mike 03-01-2011 02:56 PM

Looks like a cool place to stay.

tkasten 03-01-2011 04:15 PM

Wow I can see myself there! Getting there is another story.

Paul Mayeux 03-01-2011 04:40 PM

I am there now doing service work on the "cottages".

Escalante is great! There is a lot to see and do in the area. Annie and I have been here for almost a month, staying until mid March, and there is no end to the sights to see in our off time. We ran up to Bryce Canyon to watch the sun go down and grab a bite to eat last night. The scenery is incredible.

If I remember right, his rates are appx $40 night for rv spaces and $189 night for the Airstream cottage.

TBRich 03-01-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKB_SATX (Post 957938)

The website lists a phone number ...bet they'd be able to tell you what the rates are if you ask ... they can't be too out of line with the local market or they will fail. Probably equal to commercial parsk in that area or perhaps a bit more, I'd guess. It looks like a lot of fun and something we should do at least once!

bonginator 03-01-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62 Overlander (Post 958040)
I am there now doing service work on the "cottages".

Escalante is great! There is a lot to see and do in the area. Annie and I have been here for almost a month, staying until mid March, and there is no end to the sights to see in our off time. We ran up to Bryce Canyon to watch the sun go down and grab a bite to eat last night. The scenery is incredible.

If I remember right, his rates are appx $40 night for rv spaces and $189 night for the Airstream cottage.

How many rv spaces does he have? This is kind of hard to discern from the web site.

Thanks. Looks cool....

DKB_SATX 03-01-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBRich (Post 958165)
The website lists a phone number ...bet they'd be able to tell you what the rates are if you ask ... they can't be too out of line with the local market or they will fail. Probably equal to commercial parsk in that area or perhaps a bit more, I'd guess. It looks like a lot of fun and something we should do at least once!

I saw their site sometime last year in one search or another with "airstream" in the search string. It definitely looks nice, and depending on how much the interiors of the "cottages" are like a rolling Airstream, I'm considering a visit to the place as a way to help convince my partner that we need an Airstream. (Or at least that it would be fun to have one.)

If 62 Overlander's recollection is anywhere near reality the prices aren't out of whack at all.

DKB_SATX 03-01-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonginator (Post 958179)
How many rv spaces does he have? This is kind of hard to discern from the web site.

Thanks. Looks cool....

The site says 18 Airstream sites. All have water and electric (apparently each has 20-, 30- and 50-amp) and half have on-site sewer dumps, with a dump station on the property for the other 9.

mjglenn3 03-02-2011 06:37 AM

Per Night Rates

W/S/E - $40 (there are 9); W/S - $30 (9); drycamp $20 (dozens); themed trailers $179 (8). More info on the calendar listing May 5 - 8.