Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   Proud New Owner of Old Airstream (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/proud-new-owner-of-old-airstream-74099.html)

EricJohansen 02-14-2011 12:35 PM

Proud New Owner of Old Airstream

I am retired & live in San Francisco. I was visiting my brother, also retired, in Wimberley TX & I told him that I always wanted an Airstream so we looked around & bought a 1976 International (about 30' ft.) It is in "well used" condition. We are having it moved to his home & workshop in Wimberley next week to start our excity adventure or renovating it.

I'm sure we will be using these forums to seek anwers to our questions.

Eric

robwok 02-14-2011 12:38 PM

Welcome, and yes, as a 3 week old father of an airstream that is 7 years older than me, I have been all over this forum. It's a great help.

cruiser54 02-14-2011 01:00 PM

First I wanted to upgrade my Cruiser in 1954 (!). However, here on the forum I saw what this signifies!
Now I make "only" the inside upgrading of wood. Besides, I copy the style of the old equipment....

Greeting from a pensioner from Switzerland
Werner

mwells4654 02-14-2011 01:02 PM

:):) Congratulations and welcome to the forum. I have used this forum for help in locating parts and a constant source for information. If it is not here - no one has thought of it yet (which I doubt if that is possible). You will be using the search engine alot. I suggest the google search as it will give you more choices for the information you are looking for. Good luck and hope to see you one the road. Happy Trails :):)

moosetags 02-14-2011 01:18 PM

Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us. You've found the right place for the best Airstream information available.

mountainman1 02-14-2011 01:29 PM

Eric, welcome to the Forum. Three and half years ago I too bought a 27' 1976 International Overlander. This forum has been a wealth of information and has save me a lot of money too. Have fun with your renovation project.

Aage 02-14-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricJohansen (Post 951687)
I am retired & live in San Francisco. I was visiting my brother, also retired, in Wimberley TX & I told him that I always wanted an Airstream so we looked around & bought a 1976 International (about 30' ft.) It is in "well used" condition. We are having it moved to his home & workshop in Wimberley next week to start our excity adventure or renovating it.

I'm sure we will be using these forums to seek anwers to our questions.

Eric

Howdy and welcome to airforums.com, Eric!

We look forward to helping you with any questions you can dream up. And there always seems to be a few new ones.

In the meanwhile, please be so kind as to post any photos you have of your trailer, both in- and outside. We are photo junkies here. :D

Cheers,

Aage

Silverfoxrae 02-14-2011 03:48 PM

Welcome! And congratulations :-)
Rae

callie 02-14-2011 09:50 PM

Howdy from the "OTHER END" of TEXAS.....had to come all this way to join us....glad to see you got here as quickly as you could...You sure enough found GOD"S country in Wimberley...Ain't retirement grand!!! Welcome to Paradise..and the "family"...Callie

Splitrock 02-14-2011 10:01 PM

I MUST think 1976 is the best year trailer to own. Welcome!

Kevin245 02-15-2011 06:36 AM

Welcome and congratulations on the rig.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Kevin

AIR-Quarius 02-15-2011 07:12 AM

Welcome!

Ken J 02-15-2011 04:35 PM

Welcome - you and I not only both own an Airstream, but we also have the same last name.... and I think Wimberly is a really cool place...

Ken J.

Aage 02-15-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken J (Post 952277)
Welcome - you and I not only both own an Airstream, but we also have the same last name.... and I think Wimberly is a really cool place...

Ken J.

OMG, your name is Johansen, too!? Wow, that makes at least three of us on here.

But "Eric" is the name of one of my brothers. Ken, is your middle name Glen, by any chance? Y'see, I have two brothers...

Well, dad did get around when he had that motorcycle, I guess!

http://www.airforums.com/attachments...0a982e0d90.gif