Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   From Germany (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/from-germany-72837.html)

gtom 01-05-2011 11:19 AM

From Germany

Hello,
my name is Thomas and i am livin in Germany. Bought a 67 Overlander in october from a german museum. They used this trailer as a bar and it was already converted to European axles and has a german registration number. Have been reading here since 2 years and now as a proud airstream owner it was time to become a member here... :-)
regards, Thomas

masseyfarm 01-05-2011 11:31 AM

New

Welcome to the Airstream family.
Dave

Kevin245 01-05-2011 11:32 AM

Welcome Thomas,

Glad to have you with us. Interesting past on the trailer you purchased. How about some photographs showing the layout and any changes (if there are any)?

Best of luck,

Kevin

soldiermedic 01-05-2011 11:39 AM

Wilkomen!

Ich pflegte, in grafenwoehr stationiert zu werden.

Steve

Melody Ranch 01-05-2011 11:58 AM

Welcome....are you a member of Airstream Germany?

gtom 01-05-2011 12:16 PM

Thank you,
i dont know if there is an airstream community in Germany, just know a dealer near Hamburg, far away from my hometown... :-)
Well, the trailer was empty when i got it, if you want to see how it is at the moment take a look at my blog: Airstream Overlander 67
(its in german but do not hesitate to ask if you want to know something about this)
regards, Thomas

nmayer1 01-05-2011 12:59 PM

Hi Tom, I'm close to munich with my 1975 31' Sovereign.
Maybe see you one day on the road. best regards Nox

Aviator 01-05-2011 07:03 PM

Welcome, Thomas. As you have seen there is a lot of information here, but do not hesitate to ask if you do not find an answer to something.

Cheers,

WineStream 01-05-2011 07:17 PM

Glueckwuensch zu dienem Einkauf (zwei Jahre spaet). Viel Glueck mit dienem Restoration. Es ist viel Arbeit mit so wenig Ersatzteile vorhanden in Deutschland, besondere fuer ein Vintage Airstream.

Wir haben fuer zwei Jahre (2006 und 7) in der naaehe von Baden-Baden gewohnt. Als, hatten wir kein Airstream, aber Deutschland wurde wunderbar. Normalerweise, wenn ich nach Deutschland reise, fliege ich in Frankfurt Flughafen hin. Nachstes mal, falls ich ein Bisschen Zeit haben, wuerde ich gern vorbei kommen und deine Airstream besichtigen.

-Jason

For those wanting the English, cut and paste to Google translations.

Melody Ranch 01-05-2011 09:19 PM

I hope this helps.
Airstream Deutschland - Einziger offizieller Airstream Hndler in Deutschland - Airstream Germany

Facebook too.

gtom 01-06-2011 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melody Ranch (Post 934285)

Thank you, but they "only sell" new Airstreams (European models) and they know nothing about vintage trailers... :-)

@WineStream

No Problem, if you arrive in Frankfurt and want to go to Baden-Baden you will pass my house just one mile away... i was able to get all the parts here in germany, most stuff was fixed, just the aircraft 2024 T3 Aluminum was hard to get but last week i got a coil of ~5 x 90 feet :-)

I think with the help of this forum i will be able to get this trailer back on the road... I want to thank all the members here for sharing their informations about airstream trailers. Without this source of information i would not be able to do this restoration...

Thank you !

Thomas

sorry for my bad english... :-)

utee94 01-06-2011 08:43 AM

Your English is excellent, welcome to the forums and please update us as you move along through your restoration.

Good luck!
-Marcus

Melody Ranch 01-06-2011 09:04 AM

Sorry...gave you the wrong site in Germany. I am looking for the one that has lots of Vintage now. In the meantime....try this Blog...it will take you to many good contacts....His Cruiser will be spectacular. Also look up "Stephan" on this site.....he is in Switzerland.Vintage-Airstream Cruiser 1954