Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Forum (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   Surprise! (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/surprise-72174.html)

Melody Ranch 12-06-2010 10:08 PM

Surprise!

I like to help out when I can. This past week a friend here on the Forums asked if I would go over to a close area and do an inspection on an Airstream he was considering. Well, being that we were having an abnormally warm and sunny week I said sure...a chance to get out and mess with Airstreams and enjoy the warm and sunny day. Called BYWAYSTEVE and asked if he'd like to go too. So off we went. We were met at the locked security gate of the obviously well kept park where the Airstream had been set up for the past ten years. The park owner was the person who met us and was also the seller. A great fella. Prior to jumping in my truck to go look at the trailer he was thoughtfull enough to ask if I had heard of the Park...which I had,,,but it did not register with me. He then asked if we would mind the fact that many of the people there would be naked....NAKED! Now I remembered the Park......a famous nudist park. Did I mention that it was a warm and sunny day? The Airstream did not sell, BYWAYSTEVE wants to do another inspection with me....did I mention that it was a warm and sunny day?

Janet H 12-06-2010 10:43 PM

LOL - well at least you didn't have to worry about dodging clotheslines at the park.

Nice that you could help out BTW :)

Rhonda 12-06-2010 11:05 PM

So being that it was warm and sunny, did you strip 'em off?!!!! ;)

Lily&Me 12-07-2010 05:47 AM

Too funny! At least the park owner warned you. :)

Maggie

Melody Ranch 12-07-2010 07:41 AM

Warm and sunny seemed to bring the "naturalists" out. We were invited to the weekend party, meal and dance. DANCE? I might have braved it thru the embarassment of the "shrinkage" problem at the pool.... the awkward possibility of dropping something in my lap at the dinner meal....but the thought of a slow dance in the evening pushed the envelope for me.

tkasten 12-07-2010 07:59 AM

Melody Ranch - Now you did take some pics to share with us? Where's that park?

BillTex 12-07-2010 08:03 AM

Wonder how many "inspections" it will take to close the deal?:brows:

Nuvite-F 12-07-2010 08:40 AM

Pictures, pictures--we need pictures!

On second thought. . . maybe we don't. . . . :blink:

ventport 12-07-2010 08:53 AM

Just give us the bare facts. Did they turn the other cheek? Do you remember what any of their faces looked like?

Airslide 12-07-2010 08:59 AM

Leave it to Robin... 10 members and 6 guests viewing... this in now the most popular thread.. lol

Janie Q 12-07-2010 09:04 AM

12 and 6 now!

noreen&sal 12-07-2010 12:46 PM

We live on the Great Egg Harbor River in So. Jersey. Several years ago [about 35] while we were building our house we were visited by a Dr. York and invited to join Sunshine Park. We didnt. Bou we had many memorable boat trips down the river [our boat was very very slow. The kids thought it was just funny. Sal.:rolleyes:

Crusty 12-07-2010 01:15 PM

Reminded me of the episode of "The Golden Girls" where they arrived at a vacation resort only to learn that it was a nudist resort. After spending all day hiding in their room, occasionally peeping out of a pulled back curtain and by evening getting hungry, the girls finally decided "When in Rome ..." and headed for dinner in the dining hall. Upon their arrival in the packed dining hall at the maitre'd's stand, he informed them "We dress for dinner here".

Hilarious.

nick6930 12-07-2010 01:24 PM

I guessing the belly pan was not the only thing tarnished and wrinkled.