Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Tires (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f438/)
-   -   Lucy's Jackson Center Trip (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f438/lucys-jackson-center-trip-71516.html)

moosetags 11-11-2010 09:10 AM

Lucy's Jackson Center Trip

4 Attachment(s)
We departed with Lucy from home last Friday. We arrived in Jackson Center Sunday night after overnights in Birmingham, Alabama, and Bowling Green, Kentucky. We made camp at the Terraport on the Airstream Factory grounds.

Bright and early Monday morning, the little green tractor came and got Lucy and brought her over to the Service Center. She got her new tires and wheels installed. We decided to go with the Michelins for a few extra dollars. We had also gotten Lucy a set of Centramatic Balancers which were installed when the new wheels were mounted.

We also had several other repair items addressed while we were there. Lucy had a slight leak over her street side picture windows. Paul at the service center recaulked both of these windows. We also have been having a problem with Lucy's fresh water tank. There was either a leak or a malfuctioning sensor. Paul checked for leaks and there were none. He pulled the sensor in the fresh water tank and found that the weight-sensitive material in the sensor had jellified rendering it inoperable. Paul replaced the sensor, and the system still had the same problem. He ended up replacing the Micropulse Panel. The whole system then had to be recalibrated.

We departed the Factory yesterday morning. Lucy seems to like her new tires and wheels. We have only run them about 75 miles, as we have come to Columbus, Ohio, to visit friends for a few days.

As has been out past experience, the service at the Airstream Factory was great. These guys really know what they are doing, and really seem to care about doing it right. Paul, Lucy's Service technician,l was particularly interested in making Lucy right.

Brian

kposey 11-11-2010 09:28 AM

Glad Lucy is happy with her new shoes...uh, I mean tires! She probably feels better now that her water tank and leak are fixed too. I know I hate it when I'm leaking!:lol:

Love following your experiences! See ya down the road.

Lily&Me 11-11-2010 09:44 AM

Such a sweet, pretty girl Lucy is! :)

Maggie

5T5 11-11-2010 10:22 AM

Love the wheels.Did you purchase them at Jackson Center or elsewhere?
Kim

azflycaster 11-11-2010 10:29 AM

Any moose sightings in Jackson Center?

loudruff 11-11-2010 10:37 AM

Ohio

We didn't know you were coming to Ohio! We would have liked to meet you. We are sw of Cleveland by about 25 miles. You are welcome to come and courtesy park if you get to our area. We would love to see you!
Glad Lucy is all fixed up and back on the road!
Happy travels!

subfan1 11-11-2010 12:06 PM

I can understand new tires but, new wheels? Were they bent? or are you going for a different look?

moosetags 11-11-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subfan1 (Post 916316)
I can understand new tires but, new wheels? Were they bent? or are you going for a different look?

No, Lucy's original wheels were 15". We decided to go to 16" wheels in order to accommodate LT tires. We wanted to get rid of the ST tires as they are junk for heavy duty traveling.

Brian

moosetags 11-12-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5T5 (Post 916281)
Love the wheels.Did you purchase them at Jackson Center or elsewhere?
Kim

What we got for Lucy was the 16" wheel/Michelin Tire package from the Airstream Factory Service Center.

Brian

RamblinManGa 11-12-2010 09:09 AM

Hi from Ga. . . We're going to take our ShinyGirl to Jackson Center too, probably in the Spring. We just got ours in Sept and SWMBO has a small list:rolleyes: (new leather-like sofa,etc.). Thinking about those 16" wheels too, you'll have to tell me about that deal sometime. I'm working on dates for our get together. Regards, Craig

moosetags 11-12-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudruff (Post 916289)
We didn't know you were coming to Ohio! We would have liked to meet you. We are sw of Cleveland by about 25 miles. You are welcome to come and courtesy park if you get to our area. We would love to see you!
Glad Lucy is all fixed up and back on the road!
Happy travels!

Thank you so kindly for the invite. I'm afraid that we have to start south tomorrow. We have a stop to make in South Carolina, and we need to be in Jacksonville next weekend. Hopefully, our paths will cross in the near future.

SuEllyn and Brian

moosetags 11-12-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azflycaster (Post 916284)
Any moose sightings in Jackson Center?

No Mooses in Jackson Center, but we did come over to the Columbus Zoo where we saw their moose habitat yesterday. They have four Mooses there.

Brian

Aage 11-12-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosetags (Post 916616)
No Mooses in Jackson Center, but we did come over to the Columbus Zoo where we saw their moose habitat yesterday. They have four Mooses there.

Brian

Silly man, the plural of "moose" is "meese"! :D

Phoenix 11-12-2010 11:29 PM

Can you publish details on the wheels and tires, please? Next year, we plan to replace the original 15-inch wheels and 225/75x15 Maxxis tires with 16-inch wheels and Michelin XPS Ribs; and I'd like to get them locally. (Indianna is a long drive from Phoenix.) --Thanks...