Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   WBCCI Forum (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286/)
-   -   WBCCI MOHO issue - 2010 to 2012 (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286/wbcci-moho-issue-2010-to-2012-a-71029.html)

Foiled Again 11-05-2010 02:56 PM

so I said to myself... self I said...
 
I think I just talked myself into taking "Foiled Again" to P & S Trailer for a remodel. Now where will I live while that happens?

:lol:

cooperhawk 11-06-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foiled Again (Post 914314)
I think I just talked myself into taking "Foiled Again" to P & S Trailer for a remodel. Now where will I live while that happens?

:lol:

Maybe you should rent a Motorhome. Just to try it out you see.

Ed Emerick 11-07-2010 07:07 AM

We get it.....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperhawk (Post 914463)
Maybe you should rent a Motorhome. Just to try it out you see.

So I don't pollute the other thread you posted on;
We get the MOHO thing, most of us would say we like Airstream motorhomes. What we don't want is the oldest single brand RV club filled with non-airstream products. I don't pick up on the "Motorhomes are horrible" thing on this thread as you stated in your post on the membership thread. This is an Airstream product vs a non-airstream product issue.
Just keeping things straight.

eubank 11-07-2010 07:25 AM

I'm one of the "solid against" for non-AS mohos in the WBCCI.

That said, a couple of the perspectives offered in this thread do make things a bit more complicated.

Ok, if AS were simply to stick an AS badge on somebody else's moho, I'd kick and scream. No dice.

But if AS buys an empty shell, completely does the interior and some exterior, and sells it as an AS, what then? It'd be kind of on par with the B-van, no?

I guess the question is not quite as black-and-white as I'd imagined it. And ultimately boils down to making fine distinctions on a scale: Just how much of the new moho must be of AS origin for us then to accept it into the club?

All I can say at this point is this: For me, it'd better be primarily an AS product. A whole lot of primarily.

:)
Lynn

Ed Emerick 11-07-2010 07:44 AM

Agreed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eubank (Post 914757)
I'm one of the "solid against" for non-AS mohos in the WBCCI.


Ok, if AS were simply to stick an AS badge on somebody else's moho, I'd kick and scream. No dice.

But if AS buys an empty shell, completely does the interior and some exterior, and sells it as an AS, what then? It'd be kind of on par with the B-van, no?


:)
Lynn

I agree, rebadge a Thor, no deal. Fill a shell with Airstream, title it as an Airstream and service available by Airstream its then all good.

Lily&Me 11-07-2010 09:04 AM

Yes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eubank (Post 914757)
I'm one of the "solid against" for non-AS mohos in the WBCCI.

That said, a couple of the perspectives offered in this thread do make things a bit more complicated.

Ok, if AS were simply to stick an AS badge on somebody else's moho, I'd kick and scream. No dice.

But if AS buys an empty shell, completely does the interior and some exterior, and sells it as an AS, what then? It'd be kind of on par with the B-van, no?

:)
Lynn

I agree completely with all of these statements.

I cannot imagine Airstream simply sticking their name onto someone else's motorhome product. Why on earth would they do that? It wouldn't be an Airstream.

As B-Van owners, we consider ourselves an Airstream, and that is the name on the front of our vehicle.


Maggie

xrvr 11-07-2010 12:10 PM

AS has little to say, THOR is the real mother ship and has all the power. If they choose to rebadge another Thor product as an AS we can like it or not. zz

Lily&Me 11-07-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi (Post 914867)
AS has little to say, THOR is the real mother ship and has all the power. If they choose to rebadge another Thor product as an AS we can like it or not. zz

Yes, you're right on this, but it still seems rather unfathomable to me that they would do this. It wouldn't be an Airstream. :huh:


Maggie

wkerfoot 11-07-2010 02:01 PM

Not necessarily, each Thor division is run independently. Rebadging one division's product to another division also creates warranty issues.

Bill


Quote:

Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi (Post 914867)
AS has little to say, THOR is the real mother ship and has all the power. If they choose to rebadge another Thor product as an AS we can like it or not. zz


dwightdi 11-07-2010 03:38 PM

Larry Huttle, at the Sugarcreek Rally.said they would take a partially finished motorhome and finish some of the interior at Jackson Center and sell it through the Airstream dealers with Airstream warrentee and service. They will do only if there were sufficient interest to be able to make it economically viable. He was not specific on just how many units it would take to make it worthwhile.

HowieE 11-07-2010 04:27 PM

18Is a magic number in one of the worlds great religions why not in Airstreaming also.

Tarheel 11-09-2010 09:00 AM

Ibt
 
There is an IBT meeting in Robeston, TX January 24-28. I am driving 1700 miles one way to represent Region 3's interest. I will vote on issues there the way my region has expressed their concerns to me. I would encouorage anyone that has a view on whatever subject to let your Region President know your views. I put my name and how to contact me on the region site and make no effort to hide it from anyone, but the number of communications I get regarding IBT issues are few and far between. The contact that I have had within Region 3 is that if it is an Airstream then we welcome it to the club. If not an Airstream then it belongs somewhere else. That is how I will vote on the issue unless directed to do otherwise. Contact your officers and let them know your feelings, you are the ones that elected them and they need to know your position.

wkerfoot 11-09-2010 09:11 AM

Rick,

When will the meeting agenda and motions be available for the members to review? Other than the general comments and complaints about the club, the agenda will allow members to focus their comments on the business before the IBT.

Bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarheel (Post 915580)
There is an IBT meeting in Robeston, TX January 24-28. I am driving 1700 miles one way to represent Region 3's interest. I will vote on issues there the way my region has expressed their concerns to me. I would encouorage anyone that has a view on whatever subject to let your Region President know your views. I put my name and how to contact me on the region site and make no effort to hide it from anyone, but the number of communications I get regarding IBT issues are few and far between. The contact that I have had within Region 3 is that if it is an Airstream then we welcome it to the club. If not an Airstream then it belongs somewhere else. That is how I will vote on the issue unless directed to do otherwise. Contact your officers and let them know your feelings, you are the ones that elected them and they need to know your position.


Ed Emerick 11-09-2010 07:40 PM

Oh they know, will it matter?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarheel (Post 915580)
There is an IBT meeting in Robeston, TX January 24-28. I am driving 1700 miles one way to represent Region 3's interest. I will vote on issues there the way my region has expressed their concerns to me. I would encouorage anyone that has a view on whatever subject to let your Region President know your views. I put my name and how to contact me on the region site and make no effort to hide it from anyone, but the number of communications I get regarding IBT issues are few and far between. The contact that I have had within Region 3 is that if it is an Airstream then we welcome it to the club. If not an Airstream then it belongs somewhere else. That is how I will vote on the issue unless directed to do otherwise. Contact your officers and let them know your feelings, you are the ones that elected them and they need to know your position.

I wonder if Region 7 is listening to her membership? NO non-Airstreams, it is very simple.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.