Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   WBCCI Forum (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286/)
-   -   WBCCI MOHO issue - 2010 to 2012 (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286/wbcci-moho-issue-2010-to-2012-a-71029.html)

rideair 10-27-2010 04:33 PM

WBCCI MOHO issue - 2010 to 2012

As everyone knows the WBCCI IBT/EC7 has asked once again about the old MOHO issue and what needs to be done to fix it. With "SaveWally" off-line, DW on hold, the WBCCI forums shutdown and some of the key players that helped keep the WBCCI from becoming a Airstream and THOR MOHO club either kicked out of the club or off on different projects, does anyone plan to fight the IBT/EC7 on this subject or just let them have their way and maybe bring in a MOHO which may/may not be from Airstream?

Or, does anyone even care at this point?

wkerfoot 10-27-2010 04:50 PM

Paul,

I believe that there are many members who care. But, right now there is nothing to fight. Based on comments attributed to Larry Huttle at a recent WBCCI special event rally, they are trying to determine the demand for an Airstream motorhome. If they determine that there is sufficient demand,then, I believe, that they will take a bare Thor Motor Coach (new Thor division) unit, finish it in Jackson Center, assign it an Airstream VIN and present this new motorhome to the public and WBCCI. Based on my understanding of the constitutional change approved in Salem, OR in 2006 this new motorhome would be permitted in WBCCI.

Bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by rideair (Post 911151)
As everyone knows the WBCCI IBT/EC7 has asked once again about the old MOHO issue and what needs to be done to fix it. With "SaveWally" off-line, DW on hold, the WBCCI forums shutdown and some of the key players that helped keep the WBCCI from becoming a Airstream and THOR MOHO club either kicked out of the club or off on different projects, does anyone plan to fight the IBT/EC7 on this subject or just let them have their way and maybe bring in a MOHO which may/may not be from Airstream?

byamcaravanner 10-27-2010 05:03 PM

Bill,

In other words, the IBT/Airstream will conspire to do an "end around" that no one will be able to do anything about. :shifty:

LI Pets 10-27-2010 05:07 PM

If it's titled as an Airstream, that's correct I think.

wkerfoot 10-27-2010 05:07 PM

Steve,

The WBCCI constitution states that an RV must be hard sided, self contained and manufactured by Airstream. This new motorhome, if I am correct, is no different from the old BVan or Sprinter or the new Chevrolet unit.

But, there needs to be a sufficient demand, and I don't know what that means. There may be a large, whatever that means, pent up demand now, but how about for every year in the future.

Bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by byamcaravanner (Post 911155)
Bill,

In other words, the IBT/Airstream will conspire to do an "end around" that no one will be able to do anything about. :shifty:

munimula 10-27-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byamcaravanner (Post 911155)
the IBT/Airstream will conspire to do an "end around" that no one will be able to do anything about. :shifty:

There are plastic moho's in the rally field and at Airstream parks already. What would be different in these new models that causes you to think this is somehow a subversive move by the IBT or Airstream? Are we talking about a Class C which indeed would be new to the club? That is except for Pee Wee's on the Africa Caravan.

HowieE 10-27-2010 05:33 PM

I was at the All Pa Rally last month and one of the region officers there, sorry I don't have a name, said her next MH would be a "Prevost". That her current one now had 100,000 miles on it.

lewster 10-27-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowieE (Post 911165)
I was at the All Pa Rally last month and one of the region officers there, sorry I don't have a name, said her next MH would be a "Prevost". That her current one now had 100,000 miles on it.

That's pretty funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope she knows what a Prevost conversion costs, even well used. I work on lots of the large bus-type motor homes, and the maintenance alone will be close to what her current coach is worth.

And BTW, 100K on a diesel pusher is NOTHING!!! The engines are all commercial rated diesels that are used in over-the-road class 7 and 8 trucks with GVWR's of 80,000 lbs. and are rated to 500K miles MINIMUM!!! (before the first overhaul). That MoHo is barely broken in at 100K!, especially at a GVWR of about 30-35,000 lb. It NEVER works hard!

It will be REAL INTERESTING to see the IBT try to get a Prevost into the WBCCI :blink:

Frank's Trailer Works 10-27-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rideair (Post 911151)

Paul, Sorry to say, I won't fight it. I suspect you might though. We all need a good fight every now and then.

dwightdi 10-27-2010 06:37 PM

Per the club's Jackson Center database there are 450 Class A motorhomes in the club at this time. 42 of them have WBCCI numbers less than 500 (which are reserved for Region Presidents and International officers. 2 have 500's and there is one 700 and one 800.

Former International President, Jerry Collins, has found a unique way around the rules. He bought a new SOB motorhome but at the same time said he had a friend put him on the title of his trailer as a partial owner. Per the Constitution, that makes him qualified for full membership. However; he can not park his SOB at the International. He will have to use the motel or bunk in with his buddy.

wkerfoot 10-27-2010 06:50 PM

Is his buddy also a member? Are there two full memberships for the same trailer?

450 motorhomes out of a total membership of 6290 (membership used in the 2010-2011 operating budget) or just over 7% of the total membership. The recorded discussions at Gillette on the motorhome motion mentioned that the WBCCI currently represents only 2/3 of the membership, does this assume that 1/3 of the membership either have or want motorhomes?

Bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwightdi (Post 911188)
Per the club's Jackson Center database there are 450 Class A motorhomes in the club at this time. 42 of them have WBCCI numbers less than 500 (which are reserved for Region Presidents and International officers. 2 have 500's and there is one 700 and one 800.

Former International President, Jerry Collins, has found a unique way around the rules. He bought a new SOB motorhome but at the same time said he had a friend put him on the title of his trailer as a partial owner. Per the Constitution, that makes him qualified for full membership. However; he can not park his SOB at the International. He will have to use the motel or bunk in with his buddy.

dwightdi 10-27-2010 07:21 PM

Bill, I just sent you a PM stating the club's official position on this. At least he can not participate in caravans.

HowieE 10-27-2010 07:26 PM

That's it I am going to Condo my trailer and sell shares. Maybe I will just put numbers on the mailbox and time share it

The IBT saw this coming and changed the rules last Jan by inserting the words "Significant Other" in the definition of membership. I wonder what combination they will come up with?

wkerfoot 10-27-2010 08:09 PM

Howie,

Where is this revised definition?

Bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowieE (Post 911208)
That's it I am going to Condo my trailer and sell shares. Maybe I will just put numbers on the mailbox and time share it

The IBT saw this coming and changed the rules last Jan by inserting the words "Significant Other" in the definition of membership. I wonder what combination they will come up with?