Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   WBCCI Forum (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286/)
-   -   WBCCI Bylaws/Constitution suggestions/recommendations (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286/wbcci-bylaws-constitution-suggestions-recommendations-68639.html)

LI Pets 08-25-2010 05:29 PM

WBCCI Bylaws/Constitution suggestions/recommendations
 
A new committee has been formed with the goal of making positive changes in the governing documents of the club.:wally:

"To conduct a high level review of the WBCCI Blue Book and recommend revisions that will reduce costs, streamline management of WBCCI and remove unnecessary provisions."

I am one of the five members on this committee.

One area of change needed is communication to that end, I would invite and welcome meaningful discussions here (or Pm or email) with your ideas or concerns.

wkerfoot 08-25-2010 05:43 PM

Bob,

I assume that you started the same thread on the WBCCI forum? If not, why not?

Bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by LI Pets (Post 887078)
A new committee has been formed with the goal of making positive changes in the governing documents of the club.:wally:

"To conduct a high level review of the WBCCI Blue Book and recommend revisions that will reduce costs, streamline management of WBCCI and remove unnecessary provisions."

I am one of the five members on this committee.

One area of change needed is communication to that end, I would invite and welcome meaningful discussions here (or Pm or email) with your ideas or concerns.


LI Pets 08-25-2010 05:50 PM

It's a problem with Gibson, he blocked me, and has caused grief with at least two other committee members.

We're working on getting that resolved ASAP

wkerfoot 08-25-2010 05:54 PM

Bob,

Who is in control of the WBCCI forum? Gibson, the electronic communication committee, the IBT or someone else?

Bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by LI Pets (Post 887096)
It's a problem with Gibson, he blocked me, and has cause grief with two other committee members.

We're working on getting that resolved ASAP


Action 08-25-2010 05:57 PM

That would be the first recommendation.

Create a new WBCCI website forum that is member friendly or change the management of that website so users can participate on it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

LI Pets 08-25-2010 06:00 PM

Charlie Burke is the committee chair, I assume he reports to someone on the IBT.

I spoke to Norm about the issue and will follow up with a detailed email in the AM

More info here

Action I agree, let's see what can be done.

wkerfoot 08-25-2010 06:10 PM

Bob,

I am well aware that Charlie Burke is the chairman. I have met Charlie a couple of times and respect him. Either the forum is under the control of the WBCCI or it is not. If it is, then there should be no issue about you (and all other members) having access to the forum, if not, then that is a real problem.

As you may have noticed, I have not contributed to the WBCCI forum or visited since February of this year. This is not because of the management of the forum but because of the lack of participation by the leadership.

Bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by LI Pets (Post 887103)
Charlie Burke is the committee chair, I assume he reports to someone on the IBT.

I spoke to Norm about the issue and will follow up with a detailed email in the AM

More info here

Action I agree, let's see what can be done.


RickDavis 08-25-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wkerfoot (Post 887088)
Bob,

I assume that you started the same thread on the WBCCI forum? If not, why not?

Bill

Right now there is no members section on the wbcci forum. I suspect that as long as there is not, that postings of this type will not be put in a public area.

I did send a copy of the announcement concerning the lawsuit to Charlie. He did reply stating that he did not want to post it while there was not a members only area functioning. I can understand his thinking.

I too have run afoul of Gibson and he has placed me on moderated status, essentially for criticizing his posts. ( that is why I contacterd Charlie directly)

As I have said before the solution for most of the web site problems is simply removing it from his site, where he wields entirely too much power and putting it someplace under WBCCI control. At the same time the use of NON WBCCI member moderators needs to be addressed.
If I have strayed off topic, since I don't think this comes under constitution and bylaws ( may be it needs be covered in the bylaws) My apology

LI Pets 08-25-2010 06:27 PM

Rick you are on topic it is defined in the bylaws.

STANDING COMMITTEES - GENERAL DUTIES

F.

Electronic Communications To develop, provide and maintain an advanced community forum for present and potential club members. Provide support to individual club, Unit and Region members and other committees’ effort to exploit the many features available both on and off the Internet. Through these combined efforts, the electronic medium can be used to increase the club’s presence and relevance to present and potential club members. (7/5/10)

eubank 08-25-2010 06:55 PM

Bob, I'd like to know the status of Forrest's proposal here:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ion-59520.html

Ah, maybe I should just ask Forrest?

Forrest, what's the status of the change you proposed?

:)
Lynn

LI Pets 08-25-2010 07:00 PM

Lynn, I don't know but it was mentioned.

I'll check, please give me a bit to find out.

eubank 08-25-2010 07:02 PM

No rush. I'm a patient person.
:)
Lynn

Aviator 08-25-2010 08:30 PM

Bob,

This may be going way out on the limb, but I still don't understand why a Social Club like WBCCI needs a grievance committee nor the structure associated with it. I realize that Robert's Rules addresses it, but that doesn't mean that an organization which abides by RR is required to have a GC.

I would propose abolishing it, and removing all references to it in the Constitution and Bylaws.

I would also propose that a balanced budget be part of the C&B.

rideair 08-25-2010 09:11 PM

Bob,

First let me say, I'm not trying to pee you off on this one, but you know and I know that someone was going to copy and paste this sooner or later, so I just thought I'd go ahead and get it out of the way now. I did add a few of my own at the bottom.:wally:

  • Have the IBT stop misappropriating funds.
  • Travel expenses - The Wally Byam Caravan Club International, Inc, is a non-profit corporation and no part of its income or profits shall inure to the benefit of its certain members/officers.
  • Have the IBT act prudently and reasonably in regard to the management of the organizations affairs.
  • Have the IBT do its duties to ensure effective organizational planning, establish programs and services consistent with the organization's mission and assist in implementing and monitoring the plan's goals.
  • Have the IBT provide financial oversight and assist in developing a balanced annual budget and ensuring that proper financial controls are in place.
  • Have the IBT manage, supervise and control the activities, affairs, property and funds of the International Club.
  • Have the IBT ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability for adherence to legal standards and ethical practices.
  • Have the IBT establish procedures to ensure that each board member understands and complies with his or her duties as a board member.
  • Have the IBT monitor the conduct of its board members to ensure the organization is being properly managed.
  • Make sure the IBT does not allow frivolous grievances to be filed.
  • Have the IBT follow the bylaws or Roberts Rules in adjucation of grievances.
  • Stop the IBT draconian measures terminating members and defamation of several members.
  • Stop the discrimination unfair practices of raising MAL dues.
  • Relax the dress code at events
  • Stop the “White Tux” events
  • Cut down the number of regions

LI Pets 08-25-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aviator (Post 887174)
Bob,

This may be going way out on the limb, but I still don't understand why a Social Club like WBCCI needs a grievance committee nor the structure associated with it. I realize that Robert's Rules addresses it, but that doesn't mean that an organization which abides by RR is required to have a GC.

I would propose abolishing it, and removing all references to it in the Constitution and Bylaws.

I would also propose that a balanced budget be part of the C&B.


The current Bylaws as they relate to member grievance are antiquated and the promote disharmony clause is impossible to quantify, therefore, unenforceable.

RR should replace that section.

Also on the July 5th 4:50 recording at 1 hour 34 minutes and 55 seconds R MacDonald makes a notice of motion that he will file a motion at the upcoming Mid-Winter IBT meeting to eliminate the GC.
It was recorded in the minutes at the IP's request.

wkerfoot 08-25-2010 09:27 PM

Bob,

Please let us know when your access to the WBCCI forums has been reinstated. The speed in which that is done will be revealing concerning how that your committee's recommendations will be be accepted and implemented.

I have little hope regarding the success of any recommendations which your committee proposes, but I hope that I am wrong.

Bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by LI Pets (Post 887103)
Charlie Burke is the committee chair, I assume he reports to someone on the IBT.

I spoke to Norm about the issue and will follow up with a detailed email in the AM

More info here

Action I agree, let's see what can be done.


LI Pets 08-25-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rideair (Post 887194)
Bob,

First let me say, I'm not trying to pee you off on this one,

Yes u are,

Please state your rational and which bylaw(s) pertains to each item, you don't mind helping out a little do ya buddy

joecolao 08-26-2010 06:29 AM

Great Thread
 
Bob,
Thank you for starting this thread.

It seems that this thread might provide a place where we can voice our specific concerns about the operation of WBCCI and perhaps offer realistic solutions in a more civil "tone".

I appreciate your time and efforts trying to save our club and hope that WBCCI can be salvaged.

Thank you for jumping in and doing it.

pmclemore 08-26-2010 10:20 AM

I'm glad to see an opportunity for positive action arise, even though it will be a long haul before any progress becomes apparent.

I have just three recommendations:

1. Abolish the Ethics and Grievance Committee. I can't imagine a more destructive way for an organizaion to manage dissent;
2. Insist that club resources be managed by club officers or to volunteers appointed and directed by officers (and not delegated out to vendors). A case in point is the website - it is much too valuable a resource to be run independently from the club;
3. Whatever language is needed to make elections meaningful - not just 3rd-world style ratifications of leadership's choices.

I will apply for readmission to the club - after a bit.

Pat

LI Pets 08-26-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmclemore (Post 887359)

1. Abolish the Ethics and Grievance Committee. I can't imagine a more destructive way for an organizaion to manage dissent;
2. Insist that club resources be managed by club officers or to volunteers appointed and directed by officers (and not delegated out to vendors). A case in point is the website - it is much too valuable a resource to be run independently from the club;
3. Whatever language is needed to make elections meaningful - not just 3rd-world style ratifications of leadership's choices.


Pat I understand 1 & 2, can you amplifiy your thoughts on 3 please.



.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.