Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   Hello from Central Texas (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/hello-from-central-texas-67383.html)

maryduke 07-26-2010 11:47 AM

Hello from Central Texas

Have been a member for a while, mostly lurking and learning. Love the forums. We have a 76 Sovereign International, 31 ft. Rear bathroom. Family history handed down from parents. They used it in the summers in Co. and when we brought it home to Texas for the last time, the journey began. We love the old girl, and have taken our time getting to know her. She has some beauty marks, exterior, nothing I cannot live with. Some day, we will get them taken care of, and repainted. Years have not been kind to her, as the clear coat is mostly gone, peeled, and so on. She has good bones as far as we can tell, and I have added new laminate flooring, tinted the windows, new countertop and sink, removed the original sofa, and am considering what to add/build in or furnish. I have totally repainted the interior in a semi gloss latex that went on beautifully. Big refreshment. We have not taken her out yet, but hopefully soon, we will be able to take a short trip somewhere near the coast. Nice to be here, I hope to learn a lot and meet some of you someday.

Dave Park 07-26-2010 12:25 PM

Hi maryduke and welcome from Round Rock!

excella88 07-26-2010 12:37 PM

Hi Maryduke and welcome from Troy, TX! The coast is a great place to be during a Texas summer. We just returned from Port Aransas. They have some great RV parks there. Have fun!!

rebelstand 07-26-2010 12:45 PM

Welcome maryduke!!

Kevin245 07-26-2010 01:53 PM

Welcome,

It's always nice when members make the transition from lurker to participant.

Regards and welcome again,

Kevin

callie 07-26-2010 11:05 PM

Howdy to you!! I love it when there are TEXANS who show up here. I am on the other end of the state.....TEXAS PANHANDLE but spent a lot of years roaming around your parts! We live in the best part of the world!!! Blessings.....Callie

HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!

TAC TX 42

Beecavetx 08-03-2010 06:28 PM

Hi everyone from Texas...we just joined yesterday and feel like we have soooo much to learn and am happy to find this forum...we have not gotten our trailer yet but have spent endless hours trying to become good at being able to see a good trailer when we come upon one....be live outside of Austin .......Bob and Patti

rebelstand 08-04-2010 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beecavetx (Post 879189)
Hi everyone from Texas...we just joined yesterday and feel like we have soooo much to learn and am happy to find this forum...we have not gotten our trailer yet but have spent endless hours trying to become good at being able to see a good trailer when we come upon one....be live outside of Austin .......Bob and Patti

Welcome!!

AIR-Quarius 08-04-2010 06:50 AM

The other day I felt like someone was watching me....hmmmm oh well anyway welcome to the forums!

bwoodtx 08-04-2010 07:11 AM

hello to all the newcomers!! we are glad you're here.

Bella Casa 08-04-2010 07:36 AM

Welcome! We are new too and are loving this site and getting messages from all the friendly Airstreamers out there!

Caroline and Paul

callie 08-04-2010 09:25 PM

HOWDY....HOWDY....HOWDY from the PANHANDLE of the GREATEST STATE in the WORLD...............TEXAS!!!

It is always good to see more of us showing up here.......HOOK 'EM HORNS.....Callie

TAC TX 42

dieterdog 08-04-2010 10:08 PM

welcome and happy trails to you,, from Montana,, former Texan,,, donna