Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (
-   Classic Motorhomes (
-   -   Access door under shower seat leads to? (

Astrodokk 04-15-2010 09:55 PM

Access door under shower seat leads to?
I was cleaning the shower out and to my surprise, there's an access door with four corner screws holding it on under the shower stall seat (actually on the side of the seat facing the front of the MH). I know that there should be an access panel behind the shower faucet, which I don't have, but what would this one be for? I didn't want to unscrew and open it.

jump 04-15-2010 10:02 PM

I know exactly....well maybe...
I'll bet its where the former owner stashed all his extra cash....

Aage 04-15-2010 10:21 PM

Shut-off valves?

345bill 04-16-2010 10:26 AM


Originally Posted by jump (Post 838271)
I'll bet its where the former owner stashed all his extra cash....

By looking at your pooches expressions I'd have to say the one on the left is the guy that hid the cash and the one on the right found it.

On our 345 there is no access door under seat in shower, however there is an access panel in closet next to shower and when I've had that panel removed to get at shower manifold I remember seeing heating ducts in area you're wondering about. I think they are for heating holding tanks, on mine.

Astrodokk 04-16-2010 08:05 PM

In case there was a treasure in there, I opened it up and took pictures. I'll post them as soon as they are uploaded.
I will say this, I'm buying a brand new MH with what I found :rolleyes:.
Just kidding. Pics to follow.

Smartstream 04-16-2010 09:26 PM

There is nothing but an empty hole behind my door. Somebody must have beat me to the treasure. Also there was no access door for the shower valve, I had to cut one to replace the valve.

Cheers, Dan

Astrodokk 04-16-2010 11:43 PM

Pics of access opening in shower stall seat.
3 Attachment(s)
What is that black plastic cylinder in there?

Smartstream 04-17-2010 12:23 AM


Originally Posted by Astrodokk (Post 838630)
What is that black plastic cylinder in there?

That's a vent for a sink drain. When you don't have a vent through the roof you can get away with that inside vent. Some building codes allow them and some don't. You can buy them at Home Depot or any building supply.

Cheers, Dan

FreshAir 04-17-2010 12:28 AM

Maybe my temporary is/was in there :D. BTW I got a crown placed on there yesterday.

Astrodokk 04-17-2010 11:57 AM

Sink vent sounds like a winner! I guess that's why they call you "Smartstream"! Thanks.
Neil, your temp would be long gone by now from being in the grey tank, not that access opening! lol. Oh wait, you never hooked up to sewer at Casini, did you? Then it's still in there! :lol:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.