Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   On The Road... (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/)
-   -   Blanco Settlement, Blanco Texas (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f42/blanco-settlement-blanco-texas-61286.html)

Chasmorgan 02-15-2010 02:19 PM

Blanco Settlement, Blanco Texas

3 Attachment(s)
Just spent the weekend at Blanco Settlement in Blanco Texas. Ten cabins and 20 Rv sites on the Blanco River made it perfect for a Valentine/old frat brothers reunion. The RV sites have full hookups and are clean and fairly inexpensive ($25.00 per night tax included). We toured several vinyards on the Texas Wine Trail and dined at Uptown Blanco. I would suggest blancosettlement.com if you find yourself near Blanco. Blanco is one hour north of San Antonio and one hour west of Austin. :cool:

RichHog 02-20-2010 10:16 AM

Blanco

Thanks for the post, we like the state park there, this gives another option.

Boondocker 02-20-2010 10:19 AM

Which fraternity?

CanoeStream 02-20-2010 12:05 PM

Ah, yes! I've driven by Blanco Settlement a few times -- last time just before Thanksgiving. Nice setting and it looks well taken care of. My mom's aunts and uncles all settled around Blanco after leaving the panhandle in Dust Bowl days.

Love the Hill Country! (just not the suburbanizing they've gone through...)

whitsend 02-20-2010 12:18 PM

When in the Blanco area, ya'll are in my neck of the woods, maybe 12 miles north east of Blanco. If you're gonna be in the Blanco area, shoot me a PM. We could meet up for a beer or chicken fry!! Or both?

Chasmorgan 02-21-2010 10:38 AM

Pi Kappa Alpha, Zeta Theta Chapter at the Southwest Texas State University now Texas State. Even after all these years we still get togather often. A couple of us have airstreams and have found several campgrounds with both RV spaces and very nice Cabins to rent. Last year we met at Canyon of the Eagles. This is a very nice LCRA (Lower Colorado River Authority) facility up on the north shore of Lake Buchannan. Like Blanco Settlement, Canyon of the Eagles has very nice cabins and RV spaces and a very nice restaurant too.

If rainfall is any indication of spring wildflowers in central Texas, this year should be spectacular!

Westfalia 02-21-2010 11:01 AM

Thanks for the heads up on this site. We are down the road in Boerne/Bergheim and always looking for short trip destinations.

Chasmorgan 02-21-2010 01:51 PM

Used to have a hunting lease just outside of Bergheim! Miss the General Store! Blanco makes a great short distant trip. The downtown square is being developed nicely. Uptown Blanco just opened a party/dancing room to go with their restaurant. The food is good and Saturday night they have a piano player in the restaurant. And if course no trip to Blanco is complete without breakfast at the Bowling Alley.

RichHog 02-22-2010 12:28 AM

Great hamburgers at that bowling alley too.

whitsend 07-03-2010 11:17 PM

Blanco Settlement / State Park

I'm in Blanco 3 or 4 times a week. Mostly for breakfast, sometimes for lunch or dinner at the Blanco Bowling Club just off the square. Breakfast is an artery clogging treat. The burgers at lunch or dinner are the best, especially when combined with the onion rings made fresh & on-site, as are the fries. The chicken fried steak is also one of the best around. Check out the merangue pies :brows:. Super friendly wait staff.

Be sure to check out both Blanco Settlement RV Park on CR 156 & Blanco State Park on Hwy 281. Both offer full hookups, both are located on the Blanco River for swimming & fishing and both usually have avaliable parking spots, especially if you don't want to camp during national holidays. I suggest you call ahead. Both are within easy walking distance of the shops around the square.