Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Forum (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   Become a 'Supporting Member' in 2010! (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/become-a-supporting-member-in-2010-a-59939.html)

kevin242 01-05-2010 07:05 AM

Become a 'Supporting Member' in 2010!

I would like to encourage everyone who uses this forum to become "Supporting Members", if you have not done so already.

The time, effort, and especially costs, to those folks who run this site are significant and I have personally found that the value of the knowledge, tips and entertainment I have received far exceed the $20.00 paid.

I'll be sending another payment in 2010 (I have not seen my account automatically renewed after 1 year).

To our administrators and moderators - THANK YOU!

Kevin Ferrie
Waskesiu Lake, SK, Canada

Lily&Me 01-05-2010 07:09 AM

"I'll be sending another payment in 2010. "

Thanks for the reminder. Isn't there something on the payment page about an automatic renewal and charge each year? We need to manually go in each year and take care of this?

345bill 01-05-2010 07:15 AM

I second what's said in above posts. Thanks everyone.

RickDavis 01-05-2010 08:13 AM

Just took care of mine for the first time.

Would have done it sooner but had the impression that automatic renewal was the only choice and prefer not to do anything that way. Hope that is not the case

Airslide 01-05-2010 08:16 AM

Yup.. what they said...

silverleeper 01-05-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickDavis (Post 790065)
Would have done it sooner but had the impression that automatic renewal was the only choice and prefer not to do anything that way. Hope that is not the case

When you become a supporting member it is for one year and there is no automatic renewal. Thanks for your support.

CanoeStream 01-05-2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverleeper (Post 790073)
When you become a supporting member it is for one year and there is no automatic renewal. Thanks for your support.

... but you will receive an email that a previous year period is about to expire. :flowers:

jhenry 01-05-2010 08:37 AM

This a tremendous forum!! and I would help in an second, but I will not use pay pal!!! Please provide an alternative? so I can Help Jonathan!!

silverleeper 01-05-2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhenry (Post 790082)
but I will not use pay pal!!! Please provide an alternative? so I can Help Jonathan!!

May I ask why you don't use Pay Pal?

Do you know that you do not need to sign up for Pay Pal to use Pay Pal? You can just use a credit card on the front page and never have to go through the sign up, password B.S..

Lily&Me 01-05-2010 09:48 AM

We use PayPal regularly, and have never had a problem.

Sounds like the year subscription to the Forums is 12 months from when you sign up, not calendar year, and it is at the end of that 12 month period that you get a reminder email, correct?

Silverfoxrae 01-05-2010 09:59 AM

It's very easy to just use a credit card - it just works through the PP system. The result is almost instantaneous... and marvelous :-) And inexpensive! :-) I feel as if I've got my money's worth in the past month already! Great group here...

Rae

2airishuman 01-05-2010 10:07 AM

this thread covers these issues...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...ire-30450.html

while i do financially support this site (and may have been the 1st 2 pay...) and do appreciate the staff efforts...

NONE of the other social knowledge network sites charge (unless recently changed)...

and we are ON THE SAME SERVERs and software as most of the other sites...

so crashed HERE and glitches HERE...

happen NO LESS than on the other totally free sites in this collective.

and many of the mods HERE work the other sites too...

in fact 2-3 of the other sites are on SEPARATE servers so they do NOT crash when we do...

the point being the UPGRADED account here really needs MORE FEATURES to attract more subscribers...

there are a LOT of free features that can be enabled with very little effort and many VALUE items that could be added...

for the 20$, that NO OTHER site in this network is collecting.

and several of the other social knowledge sites are MUCH LARGER than air...

cheers
2air'

2airishuman 01-05-2010 11:03 AM

well i have it on very good authority that 4 other s.k.n sites have 'UPgraded $" accounts now...

maybe that's progress or just a sign of the times...

don't worry the check will be in the mail when it's due.

IF the reminders work this year...

cheers
2air'

Andy R 01-05-2010 11:18 AM

Kevin, thanks for the kind words and for encouraging people to support AIR. Most people don't realize how much work it takes to keep an online forum community pointed in the right direction. We have a symbiotic relationship where tremendous resources are provided to thousands of Airstream enthusiasts a year for FREE. We should all be proud of the collective knowledge we have shared here on AIR.

Upgrading is really not about providing additional features. If we wanted to do that we would strip down the FREE membership features to entice more value to upgrade. Instead we have opted to give more to the community for free. Although Social Knowledge, my company, was born by starting AIR, it's never been my intent to nickle and dime the members. If so, I could have made a lot more money over the years.

Magazines often have subscription fees and ads. Since our delivery method is much cheaper we are able to offer the content for free. So upgrading is kind of like having a voluntary subscription fee.

And the #1 reason people upgrade? For the AIR stickers!

Together we have and will continue to create the ultimate online resource for Airstreamers. I look forward to another great year with you all. Thanks again for your support!