Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Rallies & Meet Ups (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   2010 Moraine View Rally (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/2010-moraine-view-rally-58744.html)

jcanavera 06-01-2010 12:49 PM

The early forecasts are starting to show up on the various weather sites. So far the furthest out I am seeing is Thursday next week. Current forecast for that day is sunny and high of 82. Let's cross our fingers....

Jack

airstream66 06-01-2010 01:25 PM

My Accuweather forecast on my Iphone has temps ranging from 86 on Friday to 90 for the high on Sunday for Bloomington. I like your forecast a lot better. At least we won't need a very big campfire to stay warm at night.

Has everyone decided on what they are bringing to the potluck? I still can't decide.

jcanavera 06-01-2010 01:39 PM

I can deal with the heat. Rain is a different matter.......

At this point no one (including myself) has submitted any food items to start the list out with. Once we start that I'll post the list.

Jack

TinLoaf 06-01-2010 01:47 PM

I'll claim the cheesy potato casserole.

Lily&Me 06-01-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinLoaf (Post 855559)
I'll claim the cheesy potato casserole.

A TinLoaf specialty. :)

We'll do scalloped corn in the Dutch Oven again, as it went over quite well last year as I recall.

As long as we have hookups for AC at night, heat will be tolerable and definitely preferable to rain.

We'll be in early pm on Thursday. See ya'll then.

Maggie

norbert 06-01-2010 07:18 PM

oh gee...let me guess....silvertwinkie is bringing mac and cheeze....:p:D:D:D

maccamper 06-03-2010 07:27 AM

Potluck Supper

TinLoaf -- Cheesy Potato Casserole
Doug & Maggie -- Dutch Oven Scalloped Corn
maccamper -- Guacamole Salad

The Guacamole Salad is from Ina Garten's recipe (Guacamole Salad Recipe : Ina Garten : Food Network). It's become one of our favorites year-round. I'll bring the recipe and carbohydrate info for folks who monitor their carbohydrate intake, have food allergies or have food preferences. This is something we've started doing for our extended family and friends gatherings.

Nancy Mac

jillwill 06-04-2010 07:45 PM

Potluck Supper

TinLoaf -- Cheesy Potato Casserole
Doug & Maggie -- Dutch Oven Scalloped Corn
maccamper -- Guacamole Salad
Jillwill-- Green Beans

mcair 06-04-2010 08:11 PM

Probably something I don't have to put in the frig. Will need to talk to my hostess about that.

maccamper 06-04-2010 08:27 PM

Night at the Movies theme

We'll be bringing our pirate stuff back as our nod to the movies for this year's rally theme.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone. mcair, if you tell us how much space you'd need, we can make room in our fridge for your dish -- if that helps with your planning.

Nancy Mac

soldiermedic 06-04-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airstream66 (Post 855551)

Has everyone decided on what they are bringing to the potluck? I still can't decide.

Cory are you kidding? No walking tacos? Those were awesome!

Not that I have any influence over your decision or anything :).

Steve

jcanavera 06-04-2010 10:01 PM

Sites reserved at this point. 6/4/10

airstream66 F1--check received
silvertwinkie F2--check received
jcanavera F3--check received
Gael79--F4--check received
jillwill--F5--check received
TinLoaf F6--check received
doug&maggie F7--check received
Al-K4GLU F8--check received
norbert F9--check received
Bluebird P14--check received
Whitesell P15--check received
Kramer P16--check received
maccamper P17--prepaid
2wired P18--check received
cosmotini P19--check received
silverflash P20--check received
Cottage P21--check received
Tikihut P22--check received
85MH325 P23--check received

I never got a confirmation for P13 so I opened it back up. If no one contacts me prior to Thursday, Twink and I will eat the deposit and try to keep it for the pot luck area.

Jack

airstream66 06-04-2010 10:55 PM

Steve,

I guess I could ,since I STILL have lots of Doritos and Fritos left to eat.
The wife and I will figure something out.

maccamper 06-06-2010 08:52 AM

LeRoy "Smokin' in the Park" Backyard BBQ

The LeRoy Kiwanis are sponsoring a backyard bbq competition Saturday at Kiwanis Park in downtown LeRoy. Pit BBQ will be available for sale to the public. Here's a link with more info http://www.leroy.org/smokin_in_the_p...10%20FLYER.pdf Cooking teams teams will be setting up on Friday.

The American Legion is hosting a breakfast from 6 a.m. till 10 a.m. Saturday. I don't know the cost of the breakfast.

So, if you're looking for a little something extra to do at the rally, downtown LeRoy may fit the bill. LeRoy is about 7 miles south of Moraine View State Park. Here's a link to city info: Welcome to LeRoy!

See you all this weekend,

Nancy Mac