Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Rallies & Meet Ups (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   2010 Moraine View Rally (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/2010-moraine-view-rally-58744.html)

Tikihut 03-11-2010 10:16 AM

The check is the mail. Come on June get here

jcanavera 03-14-2010 03:04 PM

Sites reserved at this point. 3/17/10 6:57 PM

silvertwinkie F2--check received
jcanavera F3--check received
Gael79--F4--check received
TinLoaf F6--check received
doug&maggie F7--check received
Bluebird P14--check received
Whitesell P15--check received
Kramer P16--check received
maccamper P17--prepaid
2wired P18--check received
cosmotini P19--check received
silverflash P20--check received
Cottage P21--check received
Tikihut P22--check received

jcanavera 03-14-2010 03:06 PM

Six sites are left in the reservation group that I'm holding. Don't forget if you can't commit this early or if I run out, you can still make reservations directly with the folks at Moraine View for the sites that adjoin those that I'm holding.

Still available F1, F5, F8, F9, P13, P23

Jack
__

jcanavera 03-15-2010 12:32 PM

P23 has just come back on the availability list. I have received confirmation checks from everyone at this point. Thanks!

Jack

jcanavera 03-21-2010 10:11 AM

Sites reserved at this point. 3/24/10 6:24 PM

jillwill--F5--check received
maccamper P17--prepaid

Five sites are left in the reservation group that I'm holding. Don't forget if you can't commit this early or if I run out, you can still make reservations directly with the folks at Moraine View for the sites that adjoin those that I'm holding.

Still available in the pool I am holding, F1, F8, F9, P13, P23

Jack

jcanavera 03-21-2010 10:33 AM

For those who haven't been to Moraine View before, we are in an Illinois State Park south of Chicago and north east of Springfield Illinois. It's a great site away from the busy cities but an easy drive for those of you coming from many Midwest destinations. Illinois state parks do not allow for open consumption of alcohol. All of our sites have electric with a nearby bath house and water spigots scattered around the area. There are also two dump stations, one in the campground area and another near the entrance to the park.

This year our sites will be next to the lake which is open for swimming and fishing. Our planned activities include the Friday hot dog reception, the Saturday trailer tours, pot luck and movie night/campfire. We usually start off with an Airstream related video followed by our featured Hollywood film. For some of us this will be year 8 of the rally. For others it will be your first time. Airstream or Airstream wanna be's, it's a good time for all.

This is our first year for having a pool of sites guaranteed. That pool has six sites left. Keep in mind that there are sites outside of our pool that are adjoining, which you can reserve directly with the office at Moraine View. There are also other sites by us that are not reservable and are first come first served. I feel comfortable that those arriving on Wednesday or Thursday can find a site without a reservation.

Early June is a wonderful time in this part of the country. The weather has not yet turned hot and the nighttime campfire is always welcome. Just remember once the weather warms, folks start reserving sites at the campground. Since we are in the prime area this year, I expect that other than what I'm holding, the other sites will fill quickly. Please be sure to make your reservation early. Remember that reservations can be cancelled with a $5 fee held out your original reservation fee charged by Moraine View.

Jack

jillwill 03-24-2010 08:51 AM

I just pm'd Jack and sending a check, will be there Friday afternoon, see y'all then

jcanavera 03-24-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillwill (Post 828581)
I just pm'd Jack and sending a check, will be there Friday afternoon, see y'all then

OK, Jill I sent you the info. You are in F5.

Jack

mcair 03-25-2010 05:52 PM

Just confirmed overnight accomodations with my friend in Bloomington. I can use her kitchen to make a potluck dish.It won't be quite the same without the trailer, but at least I get to come.

mcair 03-25-2010 06:06 PM

I'll bring the photo album for trailer tours! The front area should be redone by June. I might finally get to see all of the others since I won't need to show ours.

Lily&Me 03-25-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcair (Post 829312)
Just confirmed overnight accomodations with my friend in Bloomington. I can use her kitchen to make a potluck dish.It won't be quite the same without the trailer, but at least I get to come.

And at least we get to see and visit with you. :)

Maggie

jcanavera 04-01-2010 08:20 AM

Sites reserved at this point. 4/5/10 2:06pm

airstream66 F1
jillwill--F5--check received
Al-K4GLU F8
maccamper P17--prepaid

Three sites are left in the reservation group that I'm holding. Don't forget if you can't commit this early or if I run out, you can still make reservations directly with the folks at Moraine View for the sites that adjoin those that I'm holding.

Still available in the pool I am holding, F9, P13, P23

Jack

airstream66 04-02-2010 07:27 PM

Jack,

Talked to the wife and finally got an answer out of her. We can come, yipee!!!

Will be there Friday night.

Please PM me, and I will mail you a check.

Thanks,

Cory and Angie

jcanavera 04-05-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airstream66 (Post 832865)
Jack,

Talked to the wife and finally got an answer out of her. We can come, yipee!!!

Will be there Friday night.

Please PM me, and I will mail you a check.

Thanks,

Cory and Angie

Info sent Cory.

At this point is there anyone else out there who has reserved a site on their own that adjoins our group??

Jack