Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Forum (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   Donate an old Car license Plate for Son's School Project (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/donate-an-old-car-license-plate-for-sons-school-project-58423.html)

biggoofball 11-12-2009 11:16 AM

Donate an old Car license Plate for Son's School Project

Thought I'd throw this out there.

Anyone have any old car license plates they do not want? Boy is doing a class geogrphy or social studies project and they are trying to gather 1 plate from every US state (although if they got some from Europe, Austrailia or Canada that'd be pretty cool). They have CT, VT, KY and WA so far.

I don't really want to buy them but I will pay for mailing. Post here or send me a pm if you feel the desire to help out a budding 8 year old Airstreamer get through school.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

moosetags 11-12-2009 11:56 AM

Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Skip,

I can come up with several for the young man. Do you want them sent to the address in your member profile?

I'll let you know later today what states I can come up with. I've got Florida and New Mexico right here in front of me now.

Brian

biggoofball 11-12-2009 01:12 PM

Thank you Brian!!! Yes that would be great. Let me know how much the mailing is and I'll reimburse you!

This is going to be great!! I got more info on the project and it's an Art-Geography coalition. It should be good. I'll take photos when it's done.

moosetags 11-12-2009 01:34 PM

Skip,

I went through some stuff and came up with a few more. Add to that list:
Texas
Missouri
West Virginia
Ohio
Alabama
Pennsylvania

I will get them out to you tomorrow.

Brian

mutcth 11-12-2009 04:17 PM

I call New York - found the old "Liberty" plates from my since sold Passat (sniff...)

Ooh! I also found New Jersey, from Jules' old Subaru (don't miss that.)

Tom

Kevin245 11-12-2009 04:21 PM

Skip,

I have an SC and Georgia I can send.

Kevin

flyfshr 11-12-2009 04:37 PM

...and I have an AZ to donate.

Brad
FF

wagnerda 11-12-2009 04:37 PM

Hi,

Pls PM me with a mailing address and I will drop an old Maryland plate in the mail, no need to reimburse the postage.

regards, Dave

biggoofball 11-12-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosetags (Post 770506)
Skip,

I went through some stuff and came up with a few more. Add to that list:
Texas
Missouri
West Virginia
Ohio
Alabama
Pennsylvania

I will get them out to you tomorrow.

Brian

WOW!!! great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mutcth (Post 770556)
I call New York - found the old "Liberty" plates from my since sold Passat (sniff...)

Ooh! I also found New Jersey, from Jules' old Subaru (don't miss that.)

Tom

Thanks Tom!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin245 (Post 770558)
Skip,

I have an SC and Georgia I can send.

Kevin

Sweet Kevin!! Thanks!

This is going so well!! The kids are going to be psyched!!!

biggoofball 11-12-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyfshr (Post 770564)
...and I have an AZ to donate.

Brad
FF

Great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wagnerda (Post 770566)
Hi,

Pls PM me with a mailing address and I will drop an old Maryland plate in the mail, no need to reimburse the postage.

regards, Dave

I'm pm'ing everyone now.

Thanks so much all!!

jhenry 11-12-2009 05:20 PM

Hi from Canada! I've got Alberta, Saskatchewan & British Columbia, Just tell me where to send them! Jonathan

Kevin245 11-12-2009 05:25 PM

I will drop them in Monday's mail. Consider the postage a school donation, but we want to see the project so ask your son to take some pictures to post here.

Kevin

biggoofball 11-13-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhenry (Post 770594)
Hi from Canada! I've got Alberta, Saskatchewan & British Columbia, Just tell me where to send them! Jonathan

Well the teacher said only USA plates, but the Headmaster, who is in charge of the project with the kids says he'd love to have the Canada plates too!! So if your offer is still open We'd love to have them!!

I'll pm you my address and will absolutely reimburse for the shipping as I understand this could be substantial from Canada.

Thanks so much!!

wxbuoy 11-13-2009 07:22 AM

I have my old Hawaii plates if interested