Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Sinks, Showers & Toilets (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f446/)
-   -   Toilet Parts- Help! (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f446/toilet-parts-help-54058.html)

artemis917 07-20-2009 12:15 PM

Toilet Parts- Help!

We have a pink toilet in our 1960 Tradewind (I believe it's an Owen and flushes near the floor??). I was told by the rv repair shop that we have to replace the water valve assembly and the vacuum breaker. They don't know where to get these parts and so I'm on a mission. I've contacted or tried to contact RV Doctor George (not answering phone currently) and Singleton's RV in Olympia, WA (voicemail box full). We're in Seattle but the parts are small enough that I don't care WHERE we have to ship them from?!
Does anyone have these parts or know where I can find them? I really want to save this toilet!!! Thanks :)

silverleeper 07-20-2009 12:29 PM

Hi, Can you post some photos of this toilet? I'm not familiar with "Owen". A picture could get you some answers. :)

Sugarfoot 07-20-2009 12:43 PM

I'm not familiar with an Owen either. There's an outside chance a marine supply place could help. I think some of those early toilets were marine types. Photos would definitely help here.

artemis917 07-20-2009 10:22 PM

The trailer is not "at home" right now. I will try the rv place tomorrow and get a make on it. I may drive up and take pics if it will help....but pics of what??? The toilet itself? Or the parts that need replacing? They DID call back and said it needs a new water valve assembly and vacuum breaker (this is Chinese to me ;). Does that help at all? More tomorrow....and thanks for the help so far!!!

artemis917 07-20-2009 10:24 PM

p.s. I will try a marine place tomorrow as well :)

silverleeper 07-21-2009 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artemis917 (Post 724468)
The trailer is not "at home" right now. I will try the rv place tomorrow and get a make on it. I may drive up and take pics if it will help....but pics of what??? The toilet itself? Or the parts that need replacing? They DID call back and said it needs a new water valve assembly and vacuum breaker (this is Chinese to me ;). Does that help at all? More tomorrow....and thanks for the help so far!!!

Yes, Pics of the toilet and parts will help. Identification of the toilet and parts is key to finding replacement parts if you can still find them. Good luck on your search.

flyfshr 07-21-2009 08:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I believe you have a SaniWare in your TradeWind as it looked like the original one in mine when I got it, although mine wasn't pink. I have an old, very abused base here with caulking all over it. I have not gotten into the insides as I just bought a new one so I don't know if it'll do you any good. I do know the foot pedal is stuck in the down position. You're welcome to it for the cost of shipping.

Here's the only pic I have of yours when it was here.

Brad
FF

Ganglin 07-21-2009 09:26 AM

Here's a link to some SaniWare manual information for your reference. Nothing on the site about where to find parts.

SILVERAVION :: Manuals

artemis917 07-21-2009 09:45 AM

Thanks, Brad! I'm guessing taking the parts out of yours would be far too troublesome, unfortunately. If I'm wrong and you're up for that I will most definitely take them! In the meantime I will work on confirming the make and keep searching! Thanks for everyone's help :)

artemis917 07-21-2009 07:09 PM

Okay, confirmed as a SaniWare and called a few places that were recommended. No luck so far :( I'm trying really hard. A few have mentioned I could have the parts fabricated, but if they're corroded/deteriorated can that still be done? Is there any particular TYPE of fabricator I would contact locally? Thanks for the help, guys :)

silverleeper 07-22-2009 08:08 AM

Send a pm to r&kweber. I think they were able to rebuilt there toilet and they are local. I might be wrong but it's worth a shot.

flyfshr 07-22-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ganglin (Post 724609)
Here's a link to some SaniWare manual information for your reference. Nothing on the site about where to find parts.

SILVERAVION :: Manuals

Those manuals have SaniWare models that are too new. Those in the manuals are from the early '60s. Thanks for posting as its great to have the reference.

Brad
FF

artemis917 07-22-2009 10:08 PM

Upon calling every place across the country that was recommended to me by many, I have decided there's no way in hell I'm gonna find all the parts I'd need :( And according to a couple of people, the vacuum breaker alone would cost a small fortune to have copied, if that would even be possible. Then on top of that would be the fabrication of the remaining parts, which would render the entire thing totally cost prohibitive. I am sad. Very sad. I will have a white toilet with a pink sink and shower. Not good. Not good at all.... :( But, hey. I tried.

NevadaGeo 07-22-2009 10:48 PM

Try Andy at Inland RV, if there's any source he'd know. He's on the forum here most of the time