Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   WBCCI Rallies & Events (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289/)
-   -   Texas Vintage Rally - 2010 (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289/texas-vintage-rally-2010-a-50547.html)

Pahaska 04-21-2009 06:11 PM

Texas Vintage Rally - 2010
 
It is coming again! Texas Highland Lakes Unit will again be sponsoring the 2010 Texas Vintage Rally. In 2010, we will be back at the Lake Conroe/Houston North KOA in Montgomery, Texas, where it has been held twice before. Mark your calendar for February 10-14, 2010.

Look for potlucks, catered meals (we know some great caterers there), seminars, how-to vintage reconstructions, flea market, and more. We are applying to be a WBCCI Special Events Rally.

Gayland Stephens (GSTEPHENS) will again serve as the rally chairman, aided by most of the chairpersons who served at our previous rallies.

We have grown every year. In 2009, we had 103 rigs on the grounds. Let's see what we can do in 2010!

soldiermedic 04-21-2009 06:33 PM

Looking forward to it

I will be there to offer a seminar on common leak areas on a trailer and to offer leak testing if this works out to suit Gayland

Steve

CJ of Okla 08-30-2009 07:28 PM

I have put it on my 2010 calendar. Will love seeing everyone again.
James & Carolyn

Happycampers 08-30-2009 10:43 PM

Count us in ..Looking forward to seeing everyone..:D

extiger 08-31-2009 10:04 AM

We are planning on attending, for the 3rd year in a row. Great event.

Alwhisman 09-14-2009 04:16 PM

We are going to try and make it. We normally celebrate our anniversary camping and figured we'd just move it forward and come to the rally.

Al

Happycampers 09-22-2009 12:15 PM

Unable to make it
 
Hello ... Marvin and I will be unable to come south to Texas this winter as he just had a cardiac stint put in... travel insurance rate will more than triple... he is fine and we hope to see everyone next year.

soldiermedic 09-22-2009 12:35 PM

Gosh Annie,

Please give Marvin our best in the Medic house. We'll miss you both!

Steve

Melody Ranch 09-22-2009 03:46 PM

We will miss you..
 
We will send pictures....and a weather report. I know you will miss Texas in February. This certainly does not mean you permanently grounded...stay well.

whitsend 09-26-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happycampers (Post 750747)
Hello ... Marvin and I will be unable to come south to Texas this winter as he just had a cardiac stint put in...

Stints Schmintz. I've got 6 of 'em!! Three were even "experimental" (different coatings), I played the unpaid ginney pig. On a personal level, MY recovery was minimal ~ no heavy lifting or strenuous work (Yeah :p right). But that didn't last long. Your situation may be different, but distance driving wasn't a problem after my stints went in (over 2 different joyous visits to the hospital!).

Please - Ask your cardio guy if he'd have any objections. My cardio guy pushes me to get back up to my usual craw speed ASAP.

Happycampers 10-01-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitsend (Post 752121)
Stints Schmintz. I've got 6 of 'em!! Three were even "experimental" (different coatings), I played the unpaid ginney pig. On a personal level, MY recovery was minimal ~ no heavy lifting or strenuous work (Yeah :p right). But that didn't last long. Your situation may be different, but distance driving wasn't a problem after my stints went in (over 2 different joyous visits to the hospital!).

Please - Ask your cardio guy if he'd have any objections. My cardio guy pushes me to get back up to my usual craw speed ASAP.

Making the trip is not the problem, I feel great and can hardly wait the two weeks to get back to doing regular things. The problem is the high risk insurance rate I am in for a year.

Marvin

TomW 10-31-2009 04:34 PM

Well, if GStephens is heading it up
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahaska (Post 689751)
... Gayland Stephens (GSTEPHENS) will again serve as the rally chairman, aided by most of the chairpersons who served at our previous rallies...

That in itself spurs me to post that Kim & I would like to attend again. Gayland did an outstanding job this year in spite of a lot of adversity.

Additionally, I hope 87MH will lobby hard for "best of show" votes again in '10. Kim luvved his "fruit punch" stand...

Gayland, did I ever share the picture of you & UTEE94 below with you?

Tom

Pahaska 10-31-2009 04:43 PM

Unfortunately ...
 
Gayland is battling cancer of the pancreas. He is now at home after a 6-week bout of chemo and radiation at Baylor Medical Center in Dallas. He is down 95 pounds from the Gayland you met. Only time will tell now.

Gayland has turned over the reins of the Vintage Rally to Fred and Judy Hazen. The rally will go on as planned.

76sovereign 10-31-2009 05:14 PM

God bless
 
God bless you both..I will pray for you .:flowers:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pahaska (Post 766162)
Gayland is battling cancer of the pancreas. He is now at home after a 6-week bout of chemo and radiation at Baylor Medical Center in Dallas. He is down 95 pounds from the Gayland you met. Only time will tell now.

Gayland has turned over the reins of the Vintage Rally to Fred and Judy Hazen. The rally will go on as planned.


87MH 10-31-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomW (Post 766157)
...Additionally, I hope 87MH will lobby hard for "best of show" votes again in '10. Kim luvved his "fruit punch" stand...

Nope - out of the "best of show" business....it was fun, but time to retire the trailer from "show"...
but...
...the theme this year is "Lost in the 50's"...

I am almost certain some members of the "Pink Ladies" :p :p :p ;) :cool: (the movie "Grease" version) will make an appearance...maybe even some mini-grease burgers (a la an Airstream "Mel's Diner" from the 50's) will be served - and the flavor of the Shakes????... who knows.

The Montgomery park should be a much better venue than the San Antonio site in 2009, bring your portable chairs and plan to do a LOT of "socializing" along Vintage Row.

We all had a great time last year, and hope to once again see everyone we have had the pleasure to meet in the years past - and many more!

Best prayers, wishes, and thoughts to Gayland and his family - I sincerely hope he is able to "make the rounds" during the the 2010 TVR.

Montgomery/Conroe is a very short drive from Bush International in Houston, anyone thinking about fllying in for the ralley is encouraged to do so.

There will be trailers in all stages of completion (and demolition) in attendance - a great learning opportunity.

76sovereign 10-31-2009 05:26 PM

Could someone direct me to the Rally photos from last year. I would love to see what the park looks like but can't find much on KOA's site or google images.
We might try to come down for this one.

soldiermedic 10-31-2009 05:28 PM

I plan to attend like last year, and will be flying in with my leak testing equipment. Last year there was a hotel right on the grounds, so I am hoping to find something similar near the conroe park.

Steve

PeeWee 10-31-2009 07:35 PM

2009 Texas Vintage Rally - Flashback
 
1 Attachment(s)
Dennis,

Thanks for the memories.

Shacksman 10-31-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeeWee (Post 766220)
Dennis,

Thanks for the memories.

Pee Wee that T- shirt you have on seems quite appropriate:brows::brows:

PeeWee 10-31-2009 10:52 PM

What Can I Say
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shacksman (Post 766273)
Pee Wee that T- shirt you have on seems quite appropriate:brows::brows:

Doug,

I am glad that everytning has been pointed out.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.