Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f444/)
-   -   sewer hose adapter (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f444/sewer-hose-adapter-45536.html)

ericwarren 10-03-2008 04:55 PM

sewer hose adapter

hello all,
ok, this may be a silly q but i couldnt figure it out so thought id ask...
the sewer hose fits in the tube under the trailer but the elbow that is used to link it to the dumping hole does not.
do folks normally pull the elbow off and store it somewhere else or is there a way to get that thing in the tube too?
thanks!
eric

Airhog1 10-03-2008 04:59 PM

won't go in the tube eric...I would put it in a trash bag and stick it in your rear bumper...keep it wrapped up though!

G

JStanley 10-03-2008 05:55 PM

I don't use that tube any more. I keep all the sewer parts in the rear bumper. The rear bumper can't be locked, and it can be easily hosed out. I doubt anyone will steal any sewer items if they opened that unlocked bumper compartment. Many people keep their power cable in the unlocked bumper, but it could get stolen from there.

Distantdrummer 10-03-2008 06:32 PM

Were those PVC tubes that are underslung on Airstreams (sometimes) stock items?
Were they only for sewer hose or is there some other stow that went in them?

If stock when were they discontinued?
Mine has one, which I have not used. But I have wondered why it is placed up front about opposite entry door on streetside instead of back closer to the sewer outlet.

16595 10-03-2008 08:16 PM

Sewer hose carrier

I have an '05 31', and store my sewer hose in the stock carrier that is under the forward part of the trailer. I think the connector that I use came with the trailer (?) if my memory serves me adequately.

It is not a 90 degree elbow but maybe 30-45 degrees.

Dwight

yakman 10-03-2008 10:00 PM

My sewer hose with the fittings does not fit it the PVC storage tube either. It's pretty much a worthless feature. I suppose you could keep a backup in there? Our stinky slinky gets stored in the rear bumper. The rear bumper IS lockable though. Just put a small combination or key lock through that tab(s). Certainly stops the honest person, but for the not-so-honest person... surprise, surprise..a well used slinky!

yakman

Dan@LED4RV 10-03-2008 11:29 PM

this one will work

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericwarren (Post 623620)
tube under the trailer but the elbow that is used to link it to the dumping hole does not.

Eric,
This one will fit in there.

Click here.

Dan

73Overlander 10-04-2008 12:27 AM

My slinky and fittings do fit well in the plastic carrier tube, and we find it convenient. I'm afraid that I don't remember what brand name the fittings are, but some searching around should lead you to what you need.

The PO did store his slinky in the bumper compartment but he also used that compartment to store things that should never be around said slinky. (Think fresh water hose) Seeing that I decided that I just couldn't follow his storage tips.

Needless to say, a nice new water hose was purchase #1, before the Airstream even made it home.

DreamStreamr 10-16-2008 09:59 AM

replace storage tube for stinky slinky

Dan (ODM), it's great to see you r involved here. Way to go!

This question is for you and everyone -- we want to replace our too-short :sad: storage tube under the trailer with a longer one, say 8 feet. We could store a 15 or 20 feet hose from street side and a 10 feet hose from curb side. As it is, with the stock 5 feet storage tube we barely can store two ten feet sections. Eight feet would seem just right, and same length as our flagpole storage tube length. :wally:

Can we purchase nice storage tube ends via known vendors (Dan, just don't quote prices here, you know:() or from internet sources? Not necessarily looking for cast aluminum ends, but also for the tabbed pvc ones like original. Haven't seen premade storage tube assemblies at longer than 5 or 6 feet length.

ScottW 10-16-2008 10:27 AM

I store my hose, with all necessary connectors in the storage box where the phone and coax plugs are. Plenty of room. I keep my extra lengths in the belly tube along with the PVC 'trough' that I use to elevate the hose.

Dan@LED4RV 10-16-2008 01:30 PM

8 foot

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamStreamr (Post 627675)
Dan (ODM), it's great to see you r involved here. Way to go!

This question is for you and everyone -- we want to replace our too-short :sad: storage tube under the trailer with a longer one, say 8 feet.

The 94 inch Hose Carrier ( HC) is available and with a small plate on the underside of an Airstream you could attach it ( on NON widebody units )from frame rail to frame rail. The problem with that is, the end of the HC would be about 10 to 12 inchs under the edge of the trailer. You would have to get on your hands and knees to get to it.
Airstream puts a bracket inside the belly wrap so that the HC will be at the edge of the unit. Even if you already had a short HC on there and wanted to install the longer one, it would not stop at the other braket that Airstream installed in between the two frame rails.

How do I know this-- Be there done that :)

Airstream offered, in years past, units without a HC but had the two brakets installed behind the under wrap. They are fun to find.:angry: ---:)

The same applys with the BAL stablizing jack. You can find them with the short shaft, but you will be on your hands and knees.

Dan

overlander63 10-16-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Distantdrummer (Post 623662)
Were those PVC tubes that are underslung on Airstreams (sometimes) stock items?
Were they only for sewer hose or is there some other stow that went in them?

If stock when were they discontinued?
Mine has one, which I have not used. But I have wondered why it is placed up front about opposite entry door on streetside instead of back closer to the sewer outlet.

Those tubes were placed there as flagpole holders, as well as slinky holders.

Lumatic 10-16-2008 02:09 PM

Rhino Hose

I am very pleased with my Rhino sewer hose. It is tough and the length and position are adjustable and it stays put. My 15' hose scrunches down to about 4' and stays that way without any need to do anything else to it.

purman 10-16-2008 03:56 PM

Just go to the Home depot and buy some tubes and fittings make your own, at what ever size you want.... Mine fits just fine (with a mallet) Just can't figure out how to get it out yet....

Jim Foster 10-16-2008 04:12 PM

Tip.......
Drill some 1/2 holes in the tube caps and a few along the bottom of the tube.
After dumping, and washing out "slinky", all will be dry and much nicer to handle at the next use.

overlander63 10-16-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purman (Post 627757)
Just go to the Home depot and buy some tubes and fittings make your own, at what ever size you want.... Mine fits just fine (with a mallet) Just can't figure out how to get it out yet....

Drill a hole in the end of the tube opposite the open end. Squirt some starting fluid in it, and apply a flame to the hole. You will not only get the slinky out of the pipe, it will blast the slinky clean, and get rid of your noisy neighbors for a while, if you aim it right.:innocent:

3 Dog Nite 10-16-2008 06:29 PM

Try this

4 Attachment(s)
My MH has a compartment for storing hose & connector. Maybe you modify one of your comprtment to accept this Airstream issued parts. The tube that holds the hose is the flexible aluminum dryer hose type. You might be able to slightly bend it to conform to your available space. The flexability of the slinky should folloe the curve of the dryer hose. Remember to have the capped end lower so the slinky run off doesn't end in your storage compartment. The handle can be replaced with a key locking device if you chose to mount this directly to the outside of your trailer.

Lumatic 10-16-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purman (Post 627757)
Mine fits just fine (with a mallet) Just can't figure out how to get it out yet....

Easy. Just get a bigger mallet

purman 10-16-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlander63 (Post 627797)
Drill a hole in the end of the tube opposite the open end. Squirt some starting fluid in it, and apply a flame to the hole. You will not only get the slinky out of the pipe, it will blast the slinky clean, and get rid of your noisy neighbors for a while, if you aim it right.:innocent:

That almost sounds as fun as my potato gun which works on the same principal (but it much cleaner):lol:

What if it is really stuck and back fires, man that could be a mess:blink: