Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Rallies & Meet Ups (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   AIR Midwest : Branson Fall Forums Rally 2008 (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/branson-fall-forums-rally-2008-a-43935.html)

soldiermedic 07-28-2008 09:01 PM

Branson Fall Forums Rally 2008

I know what some of you are thinking, "Steve, aren't you supposed to be leaving for Afghanistan this fall?" The answer is yes, but I have new information from the Army. It is not 100% for sure yet, but I may be in my window for "Dwell Time". This is a window of time after you return from mobilization that you are ineligible from being deployed against your will. I was mobilized from Nov 2005-Nov 2007 and have been advised I may be in my dwell time window. If this is the case, I can opt out of going to Afghanistan (Which I likely will).

Due to this new found info, I have decided to open up the Branson Rally thread for discussion. I don't have the campground or dates chosen, but I can only hope for weather like last fall. We will have a Friday night potluck and a Saturday night Chili Cook-off to crown a new Chili Champion.

Please be advised that nothing is set, and this is to drum up interest for all of you out there. We have had a blast the past two Branson trips, let's make this one another great time!

Steve

cosmotini 07-28-2008 09:50 PM

That's funny, I was just talking to Terri earlier today wondering if a fall Branson rally woud be planned.

I hope things work out where you won't have to go. What dates are you looking at?

Isadora 07-29-2008 06:20 AM

woohoo!

Count us in! We missed the spring one because we were on the road picking up our Argosy, and would love to attend a fall one.

soldiermedic 07-29-2008 07:32 AM

No dates are planned right now, but last year we had it on the 2nd weekend in October. Cool in the nights, but mild in the day. Now would be a great time for people to look ahead and see if anything will conflict in late September or early October.

Steve

TinLoaf 07-29-2008 08:07 AM

That's a tough time period this year because my brother's wedding is the first weekend in October. I'd love to make it, but the only weekend I have open is the weekend of October 17th.

jimmickle 07-29-2008 08:39 AM

The first weekend is already scheduled at Peckatonica, so it would be good to stay away from that weekend.

soldiermedic 07-29-2008 09:12 AM

We had the rally at the same time as Pecatonica last year and had 36 units. We have a draw from more southern states, and I don't believe that it will be an issue if we had to have it then.

Loaf, I will take your time constraints into factoring everything. BTW, do we know what's going on this weekend?

Steve

Airhog1 07-29-2008 10:24 AM

i am in!!!!

g

76sovereign 07-29-2008 10:33 AM

WERE IN! Cool nights sound so good right now! Just lets us know when...

soldiermedic 07-29-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airhog1 (Post 596559)
i am in!!!!

g

Oh Really?

You might want to ensure that your AOA staff isn't taking off time around the same time. Also make sure you aren't booked for a condo the same weekend :lol::angel:.

Steve

Airhog1 07-29-2008 11:06 AM

Hey Medic,

If this thing with the Army don't work out for ya...you can always go into COMEDY!!!

You're a funny man!

Just a few more days and ocean here I come!

But I love the Ozarks in the fall!

G

CJ of Okla 07-29-2008 11:20 AM

You can count James and I in for October so far we don't have anything on our calendar for the whole month.

CombatMedic 07-29-2008 01:00 PM

Sounds good just so long that we can get this together.

soldiermedic 07-29-2008 01:11 PM

I have been making some calls today and checking out campgrounds around Branson other than Compton Ridge. After Compton Ridge was sold to a corporate enterprise, their customer service level dropped, but we could always use it as a backup I suppose.

Other options so far:

Cooper Creek Campgrounds Full Hook-ups at $27/Night and 10% Good Sams Card. They have a pavilion, but it is rather small and fits less than 30 people. Cable is included. This is close to table rock lake.

America's Best Campgrounds Full Hook-ups at $26/Night with 10 trailers or more. Pavilion is free for the first two hours for rally use, but is charged afterwards (Lame). Cable is included and free Wi-Fi.

Ozark Country Campgrounds
Full Hook-ups for $15-24/Night depending on your club or military status. They have an outdoor pavilion and an indoor clubhouse for our use, and offer free Wi-Fi and cable. This is right on Table Rock Lake.

Table Rock Lake State Park
Full Hook-ups, Water/Electric Sites, or Electric Only sites are available at different costs with a discount for Seniors :).

Always interested in what others have to say. Let me hear it.

Steve