Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Forum (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   Selling or Keeping? (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/selling-or-keeping-42978.html)

rickandsandi 06-20-2008 09:27 AM

Selling or Keeping?

Looks as if AOL has been doing several gasoline price surveys lately and one of the questions was directed to RV owners and full timers. A surprising number of folks, especially older fixed incomers are looking for options other than the full time life style they had been enjoying. What really caught my attention was the photo they used!
http://www.aolcdn.com/channels/02/02...05bcc-400cb8e1

Boondocker 06-20-2008 09:33 AM

I will be keeping mine, in fact, I am thinking about up sizing since I seem prone to full timing.

COLORADO_CAMPER 06-20-2008 09:47 AM

Keeping mine indefinitely. Even if gas climbs to $10/gallon I will always make the time and find the money to enjoy my Airstream. The way I look at it, my Airstream is my safety net: if ever I can't afford to keep my house I can always move into my trailer. At least its bought and paid for. :D

cameront120 06-20-2008 09:54 AM

I'm keeping mine. If it gets to the point where I can't afford to tow it, I'll put it in the back yard and use it as a rental accommodation or guest house.

pmclemore 06-20-2008 10:47 AM

Keeping mine. Gotta go....

Pat

centennialman 06-20-2008 10:52 AM

I fully agree.....KEEPING mine. If the economy goes to heck, I will move into the Airstream. I dream about doing it anyway. The old girl and I get along pretty well :) :wally:

Airhog1 06-20-2008 11:00 AM

I'M SELLING!!!

ALL 42 OF THEM!!!!!

:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:lol:

G

utee94 06-20-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Selling or Keeping?
Neither... Buying!!! :D

-Marcus

jcanavera 06-20-2008 11:58 AM

Now those of us with loans bring up another issue since if you cut back on travel due to the gas cost does it make sense to continue making the payment on the trailer?

You might see some moving down or back in their RV. Maybe going to an older unit, an SOB, or a different form of RV. Maybe back to the pop up days. That way you are able to reallocate some of those $$ that were going for the loan, towards fuel costs.

Jack

westernviews 06-20-2008 12:29 PM

I feel so lucky to have my Airstream. Glad this downturn did not occur before I got it a little over a year ago. Know I would have chickened out on getting it.

Guess motor home sales are down 30%. This goes against the statement that people were continuing to rv the same as always.

The Associated Press: Winnebago profit skids 73 pct in 3Q

mi silver 06-20-2008 12:46 PM

Keeping MIne!!!!

:wally:Hey Just made the last payment.My A/S is in great condition.If I do anything different. I will store it in the south like Florida.So I wouldn't have to tow it down south for the winter all the time.This where I need it the most to escape Mi. nasty winters.I may store it in other warm winter places. But sell no way.Just get creative with using it. :wally: Mi. Silver Jim Anderson

Stefrobrts 06-20-2008 01:28 PM

I'd be happy just sitting in it out in the yard. I think it's a keeper. Besides, we plan to live in it when the economy really crashes and we lose our house ;)

ZoominC6 06-20-2008 01:36 PM

We're thankful to be able to keep ours and continue to travel and sleep in our own bed and not worry about all the issues with hotel and motel overnighters. We know that our home on wheels is clean and tidy. No blacklite expose' needed in our Silver Bullet thank you very much. We hope that any 'Streamers out there feeling pressure to give up the ghost will find a way to keep Airstreaming.
HAPPY TRAILS :flowers:

Cracker 06-20-2008 01:48 PM

Shorter trips. We're fortunate to have so many great places to go so close to home! We can "out and back" for less than the cost of a tank of fuel ($170 @ $5.00gal.) With our "Senior Pass" a week's trip with the AS is a cheap vacation - whereas the hotels in the same areas are running $169.00 and higher (---much higher!) plus you have to eat out and wait in long lines. Food in the Airstream doesn't cost any more than at home so it's not a factor. At Acadia National Park they have free busses that will take you from your campground to anywhere and everywhere in the park.