Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   A happy howdy from a new member and new AS owner in TX (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/a-happy-howdy-from-a-new-member-and-new-as-owner-in-tx-42085.html)

Mr. Al 05-18-2008 09:16 PM

A happy howdy from a new member and new AS owner in TX

We just bought a 1991 Excella 29, and we're just tickled. Lots of questions; we'll see you in the subforums...

azflycaster 05-18-2008 09:20 PM

Welcome to the forums Mr. Al. Congratulations on the new addition to the family.

Fyrzowt 05-18-2008 09:21 PM

Hi Mr Al,
Welcome! from someone who really likes Texans. I married on 28 yrs ago yesterday. She was from Houston and F.W.
You have lots of questions, You'll be pleasantly surprised at the amount of knowlege here. And a few opinions thrown in.:rolleyes:
Enjoy the new trailer and your time here on the forum, nice to have you here.
Dave

Jimarq 05-18-2008 09:21 PM

Welcome from fellow Texans. Hope you enjoy your new baby. We'll be looking for you on the road. Post pictures when you can. We'd like to see.

Mr. Al 05-18-2008 09:35 PM

Thanks for the welcome; I grew up in Phoenix, and we plan to aim our "new" AS toward the Valley of the Sun next month on her maiden voyage. Coming the long way, seeing some of old 66 first.

TBRich 05-18-2008 09:44 PM

Welcome to the Airforums and congrats on the new toy...Glad you could join us... And welcome back to AZ on her maiden voyage!

Enjoy, enjoy!

azflycaster 05-18-2008 09:45 PM

I have been here since the 70's, boy has this town changed. We had our 1st 100+ day today, but you know what to expect when you get here.

When you make your trip, I suggest a stop for lunch at La Posada Hotel in Winslow. The lobby and the gardens are worth the stop. It was a Fred Harvey Hotel with a ton of history.

Mr. Al 05-18-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azflycaster
I have been here since the 70's, boy has this town changed. We had our 1st 100+ day today, but you know what to expect when you get here.

When you make your trip, I suggest a stop for lunch at La Posada Hotel in Winslow. The lobby and the gardens are worth the stop. It was a Fred Harvey Hotel with a ton of history.

Thanks for the tip! I was just researching the Harvey chain recently; and we ought to be getting into Winslow right on time. BTW, my love affair with Airstream began in the early '60s when I would see them climbing toward Flagstaff up old AZ 79 (before I-17 was built). As a Phoenician, do you have any special advice about using a 1500HD to pull my 29' Excella down both grades (down from Flag and down from Sunset Point)?

azflycaster 05-18-2008 11:12 PM

The hill at Black Canyon City has some tight turns. If you watch your speed you should be fine. The downhill into the Verde Vally from Flag is much longer, but it is mostly straight.

BTW, the rest area at Sunset point is closed for the next two years for a rebuild. As a matter of fact, there is only one rest area between Flag and Phoenix. It is located just north of the Verde Vally. The one just south of Flag has been closed for about 5 years and the one just north of Phoenix has been replaced by houses.