Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Rallies & Meet Ups (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   AIR Midwest : Mid And Northeast Ohio Airstreamers Rally At West Branch (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/mid-and-northeast-ohio-airstreamers-rally-at-west-branch-41872.html)

b otto 05-09-2008 06:45 PM

Mid And Northeast Ohio Airstreamers Rally At West Branch

We are trying to gather a few mid and northeast ohio airstreamers for a rally at West Branch State Park for August 21-24. It's been a long time since we had a get together. We are planning a pot luck for Saturday night and possibly a weinie roast for Friday. Anyone coming on Thursday can either be on their own or we can all gather together and catch up on our latest camping adventures. So far we have 3 families attending. The circle we are in has full hook-up. In the middle of the circle is an area surrounded by bushes and trees with a fire ring to use as a gathering place. Nice and quiet and private. We are hoping more can attend. The area we are in right now is sites 109, 110, 111. Make your reservations now!:cool:

Mikethefixit 06-13-2008 07:26 AM

B Otto
I just found this thread. We would like to come but the dates are kinda far away at the moment. We may be able to tell more bye the end of July. We are grounded at the moment for Axles. They are scheduled for production by July 4 so we will see how that comes out. We hate to schedule and then have to cancel.
Roger

safarinight 07-08-2008 08:02 PM

44 days and counting

Bob – 44 days and counting. I think a re-match of that one sided Euchre game we had at the Evergreen is in order. Brenda has been having a lot of fun reminding me of the final score, and its amazing how many of her friends have worked the word “Skunk” into normal conversations.:rolleyes: - Terry

loudruff 07-09-2008 11:38 AM

Site #112

Larry and I have reserved our spot for this rally. We need to get some of the other Ohioans to join us! Can we keep this popped to the top of the threads so that some more folks will see it? We are looking forward to seeing all of you!
Lou and Larry

Pfredd 07-09-2008 11:55 AM

We would love to attend, but unfortunately that is a bad weekend for us.

Maybe next year....

Dave

Mikethefixit 07-09-2008 12:56 PM

Bob
I think we will go ahead and think positive and change our maybe. Our axles are still in a holding pattern over goodness knows where. We should know delivery dates in a couple of days. One guy has lost his job over the delay and if I have to go up there it could be more. Will keep ya informed.
Roger

soldiermedic 07-09-2008 02:17 PM

A week earlier and I would have been there. Unfortunately, these dates are during the rally I am hosting.

Maybe next time.

Steve

Foiled Again 07-09-2008 02:26 PM

Howdy

tried to post earlier and it disappeared.

My sister Karen & I met Lou & Larry (aka Larrita) at the Summer Solstice last year. Karen lives in Akron, but we both grew up in Ravenna. I mentioned this rally to Karen and she said she'd drop by to visit if at all possible.

While I can't commit, IF I'm able to be in Ohio then (regular home is Va. Beach, VA) I'd like to at least stop by for an evening and share some good Virginia Wine with all y'all. (I know state park, but trust me it's "Kool-aid" officer).

Paula Ford

loudruff 07-09-2008 02:34 PM

Come on down!

We would love to see you all! Karen and Paula, if you are in our area during this time please do stop by for a visit. We would love to meet up with you again!
Anyone planning anything this weekend in Ohio?
Lou and Larry

tlavergne 07-09-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foiled Again (Post 588030)
t Karen lives in Akron, but we both grew up in Ravenna.
Paula Ford

Paula,
I'm the guy you talked to in the Service Plaza in West Virginia a few weeks ago. This post peaked my interest...I was born in Ravenna. Small world!
Tom

Foiled Again 07-09-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlavergne (Post 588061)
Paula,
I'm the guy you talked to in the Service Plaza in West Virginia a few weeks ago. This post peaked my interest...I was born in Ravenna. Small world!
Tom

Wow, that's a lot LESS than 6 degrees of separation! I hit the A&W Root Beer stand every time I pass through Ravenna - children and grandchildren of original owners run it, and still make their rootbeer fresh daily. Tastes better than anything in a can... and even other A&W's. I think they just don't water it down and probably still use cane sugar. BUR-R-R-P.

How long did you stay there? I graduated from HS and beat feet in the 60's. (Ravenna, it ain't the end of the world, but you can see it from there!) Our favorite hangout was the city dump behind Tappan elementary school.... now for the rest of you, it was an old sand mine, and all the city dumped there was tree stumps. We dug caves in the sand, climbed the hills, caught pollywogs in the ponds, and roamed by the semi-deserted railroad tracks.

Paula Ford

tlavergne 07-09-2008 06:29 PM

My Grandparents moved there before World War 2. My grandfather was the County Extension Agent for Portage County. My mother and her two brothers graduated from Ravenna High School in the mid-1940's. She and my dad moved back after graduating from Ohio State. My older sister and I were born there (me in 1955) and we moved to the Miami Valley soon after. But my Grandparents and family lived there for years (on Liberty Street). My Uncle taught high school there until 1972 or so.
Tom

safarinight 07-09-2008 09:47 PM

Hi Lou & Larry – Sorry we missed the fun at Buck Creek last month. The grape vine's been telling me the girls stayed up late stamping at the Z's while you and bill sat around the fire. Sounds relaxing.

I will be taking the trailer to Jackson Center this weekend to get the refrigerator recall installed, and to have them check all the water seals on the roof. - Terry

loudruff 07-09-2008 11:05 PM

Michigan

How was your trip? Yep, we did stamp our cards and have fun teaching each other new stuff...til wayyyyy late. I think Bill and Larry were a little put out with us, but we did have fun! They'll get over it! LOL
Have a good trip to JC.
Lou

xrvr 07-10-2008 06:48 AM

Ravenna? Born there in 49, lived in Kent! Wife's from Hiram, also born in Ravenna. We now live in Gainesville, fl. Would like to be at the gettogether but can't. Remember those roughriders vs ravens football games?! zz

Steve & Susan 07-10-2008 09:02 AM

I am staffing a Wood Badge course for the Boy Scouts that weekend or we'd definitely be there (maybe next year?) - have fun!

safarinight 07-10-2008 02:56 PM

Blackfoot & Wood Badge.

Hi Steve & Susan – As a Wood Badge Bear I can appreciate the time and effort staff members put into the course. Thanks for caring enough to give the time. - Terry

safarinight 07-10-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudruff (Post 588273)
How was your trip? Yep, we did stamp our cards and have fun teaching each other new stuff...til wayyyyy late. I think Bill and Larry were a little put out with us, but we did have fun! They'll get over it!

Lou - Bill and I have spent many nights talking until early morning so I doubt he was upset. It would have been fun to see the trailer after all that stamping though! - Terry

loudruff 07-10-2008 06:19 PM

Punderson SP

Larry and I have decided to take a trip to Punderson SP for July 18-19th. That would be a Fri. and Sat. night. Looks like there are pet friendly sites everywhere. We would love to see some of you join us. We are on site #41. Punderson is SE of Cleveland.

safarinight 07-11-2008 11:44 AM

Punderson

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudruff (Post 588565)
Larry and I have decided to take a trip to Punderson SP for July 18-19th. That would be a Fri. and Sat. night. Looks like there are pet friendly sites everywhere. We would love to see some of you join us. We are on site #41. Punderson is SE of Cleveland.

Lou - If Brenda can get the time off we will try to make it up Saturday. - Terry

loudruff 07-11-2008 03:26 PM

Great!

Hi Terry, that would be great. Keep us posted. We will probably leave on Fri. morning. We are packing up the dogs and Loren to go. Her lab, Zora, is going to be involved in the dock dog activities on Sat. that are nearby the park. Do you get Cleveland Channel 8 down there? Our local dock dog group will be on the early morning show on Wed....Kickin' It With Kenny Crumpton. They are having a backyard TV event and he is covering it for them.
Lou

safarinight 07-13-2008 09:04 PM

Things that "Burst into Flames"

We dropped the Safari off at the factory yesterday to get the refrigerator recall installed. It seems the refrigerator could “Burst into flames” :sad:when running on gas.

Our TV was recalled late last year to fix something that had a tendency to cause the TV to burst into flames. Since the “Burst into flames” thing could happen while towing the Airstream, or simply setting in the garage we thought it best to get the “Fix” installed ASAP. Last month the dealer installed the recall that fixed the recall that was supposed to fix the “Burst into Flames” thing. I wonder if they got it right this time.

Gee things are sure made better then they used to be.

loudruff 07-13-2008 09:17 PM

yep

We did that too! Ford has fixed the fix on our E350 extended van too!
Larry is currently chasing a leak :angry: and doing some pop riveting. Always something to keep you busy!!!
Lou

safarinight 07-14-2008 04:01 AM

Leak?

A leak on the van, or a leak on the trailer? - Terry

loudruff 07-14-2008 07:49 AM

MInuet

Leak in the Minuet. Streetside by the electrical box. Larry will be on ladders today looking topside. Should be a busy day.

pilgrim 07-14-2008 06:39 PM

Lou & Larry,

Have you been to Punderson before? Becky and I are thinking of staying there while attending a conference in Chagrin Falls in October. Neither of us know anything about the area and are curious about the park. ANything you can pass on would be greatly appreciated.

We would love to make this rally in August but are still trying to work out some conflicts. We were out this past weekend for our 5th trip this spring/summer. We're getting used to this trailering thing and are looking forward to branching out more. If we can, we'll try to get this weekend on our calendar - it sounds like a fun time.

Hi Terry - sorry to have missed you at the Christian Family Campouts to date this summer. Maybe next time.

BigAl 07-14-2008 07:05 PM

Good luck with the leak Larry. Don't get dizzy moving up in the world like that!!
At least you have all the caulking materials and practice.
Got the tanks doubled up and will try out on Wednesday evening.
Al

Mikethefixit 07-14-2008 07:55 PM

Hi Lou
MaryLou's truck (formerly mine) had the same recall. For the cruise control shutdown switch on the mastercylinder. Hers is unplugged. The repair for that just got to the dealers 2 months ago. The F350 had a recall and When at the dealer I ask about the 94-96 recall and was told the repair kit had just arrived. Of course its down for brakes now.

AL
Lou just lets Larry climb the ladders so he thinks he is getting up in the world.
Roger

loudruff 07-14-2008 11:33 PM

Up in the world

Roger, Larry says that he "won't look down on you for those comments", but you have to quit listening to those "voices"!

Hi Al, glad the tanks are working again!!! Looking forward to a progress report on how they test out for you.

Pilgrims, We have NOT been to Punderson before. We will head out there on Fri. morning. We will report back to you on what we see and find out about the park. We are glad to hear that you are getting out there and camping. You will be real pros before you know it. Is Becky learning to tow too???

Larry didn't have to be up on the roof top for too long today. He got the rear vent resealed and painted. Sealed and painted one of the vent covers too. Painted the refrig. cover and a small section of the roof. Ran out of daylight. More tomorrow!

b otto 07-15-2008 05:42 PM

So, does anyone know how many of us are going to West Branch for sure yet? I know of 4 trailers so far. It's great to see so many responding. Wish everyone could come.
The leak doesn't sound good-water and electric-OUCH!

safarinight 07-16-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pilgrim (Post 590117)
Hi Terry - sorry to have missed you at the Christian Family Campouts to date this summer. Maybe next time.

We would have liked to be there but something came up in the office. One of my peers resigned after the summer vacation schedule was approved. With three engineers available to cover a certain project management approved vacation for two of us during the same week. When the third engineer resigned the office was left with no one to ensure things keep working. Since the project is mine I adjusted my vacation to avoid issues.:(

Brenda and I are wagon masters for the CFC September outings so perhaps we will see you at Deer Creek State Park.

safarinight 07-16-2008 02:53 PM

Bob - Have you decided when the pot-luck will be? How about the menu? Or perhaps your intent is to provide FREE steak and FREE lobster for everyone?:rolleyes: Ummmm.

Ok, :lol: back to the real world. What can we do to help? - Terry

b otto 07-18-2008 06:12 PM

food

We will provide the meat(Jayne will decide what that means closer to the time-yum-mystery meat!)
As far as the rest, I say we just ask someone what they want to bring and start a menu rolling.
The meat will not be burgers or dogs. It will be chicken or pork or both, you never know with her.
Jayne will make a side dish also cole slaw would be my guess.
So everyone just bring whatever else you like.
The pot luck on Saturday night
Weinie night on Friday
Settle in night on Thursday and everyone on their own or can get together if folks want to.
Can't wait.

B:cool:b

b otto 07-18-2008 06:26 PM

We had started considering visiting Punderson Saturday night also, but Bob has to leave for Maine Saturday afternoon. I am not a good night driver so we will not be able to attend. I've heard of that park and would like to check it out. Another time I guess. Sorry won't be able to see everyone.
Jayne:sad:

b otto 07-20-2008 07:52 AM

Hey Terry
I thought you said that you had the steak and lobsters covered. Now you change your mind?:blush:

safarinight 07-21-2008 08:48 AM

Who Me???

What?:shock: I thought you were doing the steaks! I've been forced to embrace more chicken:eek: in an attempt to keep Brenda and my doctor happy. You know the old saying that if the wife ain't happy:furious: no one is.:angel:

Mikethefixit 07-23-2008 07:01 PM

Lookin Better

Hi B:cool:B
Things are lookin up. We have our axles,although they are still here on our flat-bed trailer awaiting installation. Will keep ya up dated BOB.
Roger

loudruff 07-30-2008 07:57 PM

West Branch SP

I thought I would pop this to the top of the list tonight. We are hoping that some other Ohio and surrounding area folks will come and join us for this rally. Larry and I are looking forward to the rally at West Branch which is going to be Aug. 22-24. It will be informal and lots of fun! Larry and I have reserved site 112! We will be there on Thursday if all goes well.

West Branch State Park
5708 Esworthy Road
Ravenna, Ohio 44266-9659
330-296-3239
866-644-6727 for camping reservations

bob otto 07-31-2008 03:33 PM

pot luck

hey, how does everybody feel about kebabs, easy to make and easy to cook. A meal on a stick. Chicken and pork or chicken and beef, potatoes, peppers, mushrooms, whatever fits on a stick.:p Chime in and put your 2 cents in.:cool:
Jayne

bob otto 07-31-2008 03:36 PM

axles

Mike the fixit, even if you can't get them on for the rally, you should come up and spend the day on Saturday, it's a beautiful place if you've never been there, it's worth the visit.:rolleyes:

pilgrim 07-31-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by safarinight (Post 590913)
We would have liked to be there but something came up in the office. One of my peers resigned after the summer vacation schedule was approved. With three engineers available to cover a certain project management approved vacation for two of us during the same week. When the third engineer resigned the office was left with no one to ensure things keep working. Since the project is mine I adjusted my vacation to avoid issues.:(

Brenda and I are wagon masters for the CFC September outings so perhaps we will see you at Deer Creek State Park.

Terry & Brenda,

Can't make the Deer Creek S.P. outing. Next weekend is the Hocking Hills S.P. outing. That will be our final for this year. Conflicts keep us from returning to Delaware and to Deer Creek. Looks like we'll have to wait until next year to see you guys. Hope you got everything cleared up and ready to go at J.C. How long was your Safari there? Talk with you again.

safarinight 08-03-2008 01:50 PM

October camping

Quote:

Originally Posted by pilgrim (Post 597705)
Terry & Brenda,

Can't make the Deer Creek S.P. outing. Next weekend is the Hocking Hills S.P. outing. That will be our final for this year. Conflicts keep us from returning to Delaware and to Deer Creek. Looks like we'll have to wait until next year to see you guys. Hope you got everything cleared up and ready to go at J.C. How long was your Safari there? Talk with you again.

It looks like we will be hosting the Deer Creek outing in October instead of September. The Dates are October 16-19. In addition to the Deer Creek, we will also be attending the annual OSU/Penn State rally hosted by Ohio Rally. This year's site will be in Amish country at the Evergreen Park Oct 23-26. Why not join us in October? It would be nice to have more Airstreams at the OSU/Penn State rallies.

bob otto 08-11-2008 04:13 PM

Soon

Is everybody about ready? We can't wait. Bob has a tractor show this weekend. We took the airstream down on Sunday. Will be camping out there Thurs thru Sunday.
His first tractor show. Yep he bought a 1940 Model L John Deere. It's small and he loves it. He's just taking it he's not showing it this year. He's going to be delivering the water for all the steam tractors. His buddy is taking like 6 tractors. He's excited. It's at the Dover Fairgrounds. The show starts Friday.:D

Mikethefixit 08-11-2008 04:48 PM

Family Scheduling Conflict

Bob:mad:
MaryLou and I are very sorry:mad: that we will not be able to attend because of a family gathering on the 24th in Michigan.We will already be there for the Detroit-Metro Rally so we have oppted to stay in Michigan for an extra week and attend the celebration of the many family birthdays for the month of August,including my mother's:sorcerer: 96th birthday. I'm sure you realize the importance of us being there. We did so want to attend. Maybe next year.
Hope you all have a great time.
Roger

loudruff 08-12-2008 01:47 AM

Great!

Sounds like Bob is going to have fun. Is he going to be going to tractor shows and steam engine shows too? LaGrange Engine Show will be held at the Lorain Co. Fairgrounds in Wellington, the third weekend of Sept. Larry and I will be there serving with the band boosters. It is always a great show and they have a huge flea mkt. etc.
This weekend we will be going off to Punderson again for the Dock Dog Event with the greyhound group and everyone. Zora and Vega will be jumping. Larry and I have reserved a campsight at Punderson so that we don't have far to travel to get to the Metro Parks at Moreland Hills. Jayne and Bob, are you going to take your two girlie greyhounds to the event?
We are looking forward to getting to West Branch! Hope to see you all there!

bob otto 08-12-2008 04:47 PM

Punderson

Hi Lou
I think that is the weekend we are going to East Harbor, not sure though.
All Bob has bought is the tractor, he hasn't bought a trailer to haul it yet. I guess he could drive it up:lol:and we would see him about a week later:lol:
We have this weekend and next weekend and then East Harbor in September and Evergreen in October. We'll see if we can work anything else in. I'm hoping so.
We'll see you next weekend.

bob otto 08-12-2008 04:51 PM

TOOOOOO Bad

Hi Roger
Sorry to hear that you will be unable to attend. Understandable. I attended one of those parties last Saturday. All the August birthdays. At least it gets them all out of the way and it gives you an extra week of camping.
Be safe in your travels and hopefully we will see you next year at one of our functions.
Have a wonderful time in Michigan.:flowers:
Bob and Jayne

loudruff 08-18-2008 08:48 PM

Get rolling!

Larry and I are getting psyched up for the West Branch rally. We thought we would pop this thread to the top tonight. We are looking forward to seeing everyone there. Have to work on the menu and get the trailer repacked. We will be going down to the park on Thursday sometime. Hope you are all ready to roll as well!!

rslaymaker 08-18-2008 09:12 PM

Hello Northeast Ohio!!!

Just checking to see if this thread is still active. Unfortunately, I don't think the dates will work for us. We are heading down to the Miami U. versus Vandy football game in southwest Ohio. We would have loved to popped in with our camper, maybe next time.

rslaymaker 08-18-2008 09:41 PM

Sorry to jump into your conversation...

Actually, I am not sure if this will get attached to your questions on Punderson. Anyhow, we are big fans of the park. Actually, we live about one mile away, so we can't justify camping there. But what I have seen of the campground, it is pretty impressive. Also, the lodge has a great Sunday morning buffet, indoor & outdoor pool. I really think you will enjoy it and also, Chagrin Falls is about five or so miles away. Another great place to grab a bite, Rambling Inn (may not look too great from the outside, but the food is very tasty). Take a left out of Punderson and it is located on the corner of route 87 and Munn Road. Tell Bill and Nicole that I sent you.

PS. You may want to consider trading in one of those newer Airstreams for one of the vintage kind. We have two, 1965 and 1963. Yes, we have minor leaks from time to time, have a rivet gun handy, etc. But we are look at 40+ years and many, many miles. Just joking - enjoy the park.

loudruff 08-19-2008 03:02 PM

too bad

We spent last weekend at Punderson. Our second trip to the area. We are so busy during the Dock Dog events that we don't have much time to find the restaurants. We will have to keep that one in mind for one of our next trips.
Larry and I have a 1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 metre. We would love to meet you sometime. Too bad that you won't have a chance to stop and visit with us all at West Branch. We are going down on Thurs. afternoon to get the rally started! Stop in if you get a chance. We have a few other get togethers planned before the end of the camping season. Maybe you will be able to join us at another one. Will try and keep you posted.
Lou and Larry....LaGrange, OH

bob otto 08-19-2008 04:44 PM

menu

Hi everybody. Are we all ready for the rally. Menu is going to be beef or pork and chicken. Terry and Bob are both bringing the home grills. So not to worry. I think I will also make a few shishkebab. Planning on getting some fresh corn. Not to worry, I don't think anyone is going to go hungry.
Weinies on the grill for Friday. Thursday is kind of a punt. On your own or get together. Maybe burgers. We'll see. I just think it's easier to not make any big plans the first night and let folks settle in and then figure it out. Breakfast is always a winner. Wishing everyone a safe trip there and looking forward to seeing everyone.:cool:

bob otto 08-20-2008 05:41 PM

Menu

OK-It's official. On the grill for Saturday. Western ribs, chicken breast and a few whole chicken legs and a few shishkebabs. Stopped today and bought some fresh corn, bringing a big kettle to cook on the campfire. Bring anything else you would like to have. As we all know, none of us are picky eaters.
Friday-Weinie roast. I have 2 pkgs of hot dogs and 2 pkgs of mild Italian sausage. I also got 4 pkgs of buns. Making brownies tommorrow and bring those out whenever anyone wants them.
We are sooooo looking forward to this. Hope you all are tooooooo.:D

bob otto 08-20-2008 06:18 PM

Menu

Thought maybe I had better clarify the grill menu. We bought a dozen western ribs, 4 whole chicken legs and 1/2 dozen chicken breasts. These are for everyone. Plus I am going to make a 1/2 dozen or so shishkebab. If there is any other meat you have a preference for, you'll have to bring it along and Bob or Terry will be more than happy to grill it up. Bring any covered dish you like.:flowers:

bob otto 08-20-2008 06:23 PM

Menu update

Hi again. Just wanted to clarify the grill menu for Saturday. We bought a dozen western ribs, 4 whole chicken legs and 1/2 dozen chicken breasts. I also plan on making 1/2 dozen or so shishkebab. This is for everyone to share at the potluck. If there is any other meat that you have a preference for, bring it along and Bob or Terry will be more than happy to throw it on the grill. Otherwise bring any covered dish you like. Desserts qualify also. Everybody likes dessert.:flowers:

loudruff 08-20-2008 07:50 PM

menu

I am bringing a big tub of homemade macaroni salad, some cauliflower and broccoli to steam, some hot dogs, buns and brats. I also have some of those huge soft pretzels and cheese sauce to nuke. That ought to keep us busy!
See you all on Thursday! Safe travels!

64airstream 08-21-2008 05:29 AM

Hi, We found this thread this morning (just in time). We're bringing a couple packages of brats and buns for Friday evening. I want to try a favorite beer recipe in the dutch oven. We've done it in the oven and on the grill, but this will be the first in cast iron. We were also planning a beef tip shepard's pie for Saturday evening. If you think that's too much on the meat side of things, we could changed to a pot of baked beans as a side dish?
Do you guys remember fondue pots in the seventies? How a bout a chocolate fondue one evening? We're bringing all the gear and makings - just need to pick the time.

Marie and I are looking forward to meeting you,

Roy :nuke:

loudruff 08-21-2008 06:15 AM

hi

We are glad that you found the thread. We have been trying to pop it to the top of the list so that more folks would catch it. We will be glad to see you. Your "goodies" sound delicious! Most of the time we all throw together a main dish and bring a side dish as well. But it is a "come with what you have" kind of group. We love cooking and eating, and having a laid back campout together. Last time we all did this we ended up sharing leftovers and campfire goodies for most every meal, and it was "good eats" the whole weekend.

Larry and I are headed out this afternoon, so see you on Fri. If you need to get in touch I will PM you with our cell.
Lou and Larry

rslaymaker 08-21-2008 04:55 PM

Hello, I think we decided to join too late. We could not find a campsite in area you mentioned. Not sure if you people are still monitoring, if anyone decides to cancel let me know. The only site available is 178, I'm not sure the distance that would be from the group.

mustang 08-21-2008 07:36 PM

I wanna go!!! I hope you guys have a good time it will be hot.

mustang 08-22-2008 09:22 AM

A buddy of mine ( nonairstream ) is also camping at west Branch this weekend and he told me this morning, his wife went to reserve the spot and there were airstreams everywhere. 2 spots left in the whole campground. She asked if I wanted 1 but I cant. It looks like you guys and gals are going to have fun, I might take a ride out and see.

64airstream 08-24-2008 03:34 PM

Mustang,
Your friend John and his wife stopped by to say hello and let us know you might be able to visit. Wish you could have, there were lots of good folks, excellent conversation, and way too much good food.

Photos to follow ( have to download them first ),

loudruff 08-24-2008 06:47 PM

back at home

Thanks you all for a wonderful weekend. & Thanks again to Jayne and Bob for the setup work and all the great food, grillwork, campfire etc. There was lots of GREAT fellowship and Larry and I had a really good time. Everyone pitched in together as usual with tables, tents, food, drink etc. And It WAS HOT!!! Mustang and rslaymaker, Steve and Susan, and some of the rest of you Ohioans, we are sorry that you did not get to come. Maybe next time.
It is looking like the next get together is forming up for East Harbor in Sept.11-14th I think. Is that right, Terry??

bob otto 08-25-2008 10:25 AM

End of Rally

Hi everyone. Hope everybody had a safe trip home. We just wanted to thank everyone who had the guts to show up and endure the HEAT:cool:.
I personally want to thank Shanim, Al and Lou for making breakfast on Sunday morning, I don't think I could have cooked another thing.
The trip to East Harbor is so far just a couple of campers. Terry and Brenda and Bob and I. Anyone else who would like to try to come is more than welcome, but we are keeping it simple. No big plans. I know Terry and Brenda and Annie are planning a trip to the island one of the days.
We are just planning on sitting and relaxing this time. And Lou is correct on those dates.
Hey Roy and Marie-just wanted to say once again how delicious the peach cobbler was. Not to mention the chocolate fondue. Thanks so much for going to the trouble.
Finally, we have to thank Terry and Tim for bringing another grill and helping cook all the food on Saturday night. THANK YOU THANK YOU.:flowers:
Jayne and Bob

mustang 08-25-2008 01:44 PM

I love East harbor, I practically grew up , up there. I hope to make that one. Thanks for the advanced notice. I might get 2 camp outs in 1 month, Akron unit is at Meadow Park wooster also sept.

rslaymaker 08-25-2008 03:57 PM

Sorry we missed this one... It sounds like it was a hit. Actually, we attempted to stop by on Saturday afternoon and my GPS left me hanging. I think we were about two miles from the park. I was extremely disappointed. I will attempt to make the one at East Harbor, is there any details on this one? Like were in the campground people will be staying?

-Robert

loudruff 08-25-2008 03:59 PM

East Harbor

Jayne and Bob, Terry and Brenda,
What sites do you have for this? I went and looked and found some still available in area 3.

ctdair 08-25-2008 05:11 PM

Bob and Jayne thanks for a wonderful rally. The food was excellent as always. It just tastes better outdoors and with friends.I don't know if we can camp at east harbor but perhaps we can drive up and visit. Keep us posted on the whereabouts and times for say Saturday night dinner. When I volunteer Shinim for something specific I seem to get myself in trouble. So if we come lets just say Shinim will make something sure to please.

ctdair 08-25-2008 05:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics from West Branch Rally. Didn't get pics of everyones trailers.

safarinight 08-28-2008 05:59 AM

What a week.

Brenda and I would also like to thank Bob and Jayne for the great sites, and the time they spent cooking over three grills for the potluck!

The East Harbor outing has no activities planned. The days are open so each can do what they want. We will have a camp fire each night, and a simple potluck Saturday night. Brenda, Andrea, Tim, and I will be taking the ferry to one of the Islands Saturday. We like to rent a golf cart to explore the sights, visit the shops, and sample the food. If anyone is interested in coming along meet up with us Saturday morning.

http://www.put-in-bay.com/
http://www.kelleysislandchamber.com/default1.htm

I’m not having a great week so far…. A rear sway bar linkage broke on my Mazda Monday. The broken link is next to a fuel line so I stopped driving it while waiting for the parts to come in:(. Ok…:) I can us the van we tow with to get to work. Last night the driver’s side window fell into the door when I pressed the down button.:mad: Did I mention it was raining real hard last night? It’s hard to look manly driving a conversion van with the window down during a thunder storm, and yes traffic was moving at a snails pace due to all the accidents. A chilling experience. With no room in the garage (broken Mazda, disassembled motorcycle) I took the van to our trusty open till midnight Ford garage (no comments about ford garages needing to stay open till midnight please) only to find they had to order parts. Ok then…. I’ll stay home and work on Brenda’s honey do list. Normally I would look real interested in the list and wait for her to go to work before taking off on the bike or playing on the computer:brows:. Did I mention my laptop died Sunday and is in the hands of some high school Best Buy Geek Squad expert?:shock: With the bike, car, van, and laptop all down waiting for parts I’m beginning to wonder if a higher power:innocent: is telling me to actually work on Brenda’s list????

mustang 08-28-2008 11:51 AM

That is to funny safari. Well I guess they say sh_ _ rolls down hill, You better climb up outta there. I can say I have been there. I always tell myself "if this is the worst thing that happens to me I am doing damn good"

bob otto 08-28-2008 04:52 PM

East Harbor

Brenda, Terry and we are on site C105 and C106. I think! I know we are on C105, I think Terry and Brenda are beside us. Like Terry said no big plans.
Someone start a menu and we will build off of it. I'll make something in a crock pot. Maybe a pot roast or chicken noodle soup. Nothing fancy or a lot of work. Nice relaxing weekend. We will keep a campfire going and make a dish for dinner.
Hey Lou, what site do you and Larry have? Make reservations, if you don't have them already. It's 2 weeks from today. :flowers:
Anyone who reserves a spot, post it, have a safe trip up, and see you there. Let's hope for beautiful weather, not to hot and not to cool.

Jayne and Bob

64airstream 08-28-2008 06:23 PM

Some Photos

9 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,

We had a great time also. It's not looking real good for us for the next two right now, but we'll see if I can work out a trade for duty coverage for one or the other. Here's some photos. If there's a better way to post a bunch in one place, let me know. I wonder if there's a rule on how many photos you can attach? I bet the Park Rangers will come visiting again, if there is...

loudruff 08-29-2008 08:51 AM

East Harbor

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob otto (Post 609514)
Brenda, Terry and we are on site C105 and C106. I think! I know we are on C105, I think Terry and Brenda are beside us.
Jayne and Bob

Hey Bob and Jayne, you may want to check out your spots. I went to the website for the state parks and found that the map that shows availability shows your sites are still available...if you are C105 and C106. Larry and I are still dealing with the AC and issues around here, so we are not sure we can make this one. We will try and keep track of it.
Lou and Larry

bob otto 08-29-2008 02:29 PM

East Harbor

Yea, I messed up. Our site are C5 and C6. Not C105 and C106. Had to check the reservation card again. Thanks Lou for checking that out and letting me know.:o

mustang 08-29-2008 06:57 PM

Great pics 64.

Mikethefixit 08-30-2008 12:38 PM

Bob
U may have been busy and not able to return my PM. Are there any more details for East Bay or is it private. If not, what dates have U settled on. Depending on the weather ,there is a possibility we might come.
Roger

loudruff 08-30-2008 02:01 PM

private???

It would not be private if it is posted here!!!! LOL
Roger, they are going to East HARBOR which is up by Port Clinton area on the lake. C5 and C6. I looked and there were places left open if you jump on it soon.

Mikethefixit 08-30-2008 06:01 PM

Hi LOU
I know its not private Lou but there is no discussion at all of this event. I thought if I said that it would get someones attention and get the discussion going.I know where ,not sure of the date or who the contact person is.
Roger

pilgrim 08-30-2008 06:14 PM

Sooooooo disappointed that we couldn't make it to West Branch. It certainly looks like a good time was had by all. Now, you'll be going to East Harbor - during our vacation time. We're leaving on the 11th for a ten day trip to historic Virginia - draggin' our AS behind us. We'll spend four nights in Charlottesville and then up to suburban D.C. so we can visit Mt. Vernon and then into D.C. to revisit some of our favorites. Figure the six times we've spent at the state parks this summer has gotten us prepared for such a trip - hope so!!! Are you guys planning any other outings before time to put 'em away for the winter?? We can't make it to Deer Creek with the Christian Camper group due to a schedule conflict and we don't want to quit until it gets too cold to camp. Figure the later we go, the easier it will be go get into places. But then, many of them will be closing down in October. Looking forward to making one of your get togethers before the end of the season if at all possible. Good luck and have fun at East Harbor - we'll be thinking about you.

Mikethefixit 08-30-2008 07:13 PM

Pilgram
Unfortunately we have to think about "PUTTIN HER IN THE BARN" already.Where did it go? I know where some of it went, :angry:9 weeks waitin for New Axles that's where!We were only fortunate enough to make 4 trips out this yr. But then we have next yr to look forward too. "Good Lord Willing"
We hope to make it out at least once more this yr.
Hope we see ya where ever.
Roger

bob otto 08-30-2008 08:07 PM

East Harbor

Roger
So far it looks like just Terry, Brenda, Jayne and I. Everyone is welcome to come, nothing private about it. As Terry said, they are planning a one day trip to Put In Bay and anyone is also welcome to go along on that.
We'll have some kind of dinner on Saturday night, other than that no big plans. We'd love to meet you if you can make it or anyone else who wants to come along. I was thinking of making pot roast or something for the crock pot. Anyway, it tooo early to put your baby away. We wait till November 1st. No one is really in charge its just a few of us getting together to camp and relax and meet other airstreamers who decide to join us.
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I've been busy this week. :angel:
Bob

bob otto 08-30-2008 08:10 PM

Dates for East Harbor

Sorry Roger, forgot to give you the dates. September 11th(Thurs) thru Sunday 14th.
We have reserved sites C5 and C6
B:cool:B

Mikethefixit 08-30-2008 08:55 PM

Thanks BOB
Roger

loudruff 09-01-2008 04:17 PM

Ohio Traveler e-magazine

I get an Ohio Traveler E-magazine every month which features places in our great state. This new month's edition has been a lucky find and gives information about some the Lighthouses of Lake Erie and mentions all of those that are in the vicinity of East Harbor. Plus it has information on Marblehead and the Islands. Thought that some of you who are signing up to go to East Harbor would enjoy reading it. I hope the link works. You can sign up for a free e-magazine subscription too.
Ohio Travel Ohio Tourist Ohio Attractions Ohio Tourism Ohio Vacations Ohio Events

Lou

mustang 09-01-2008 06:27 PM

There is so much to do up there. African Safari is great with kids. Mystery hill, another goo one. and so much on each Island

ctdair 09-02-2008 03:51 PM

Hello All. For the East Harbor Rally We cant make the weekend with the trailer but still would like to visit Saturday night. What would everyone like us to bring. Will drive up in the Convertible hopefully, but it isn't as classic as a Cadillac towing a vintage Airstream.

Mikethefixit 09-03-2008 06:12 AM

Hi ALL
We have decided to come to East Harbor if we can get a spot. I have tried to reserve a spot with no luck yet. Ill keep try'n and let ya know if we get one. We have a reason to come.This was my area for many yrs when I first came to Ohio.
Al and Shin hope to see ya. Mustang hope u can come. Bob count us in.
Lou I don't U need an AC ,U need to give yourself a break from Band BOOSTERS
Hope to see ya all there I have no idea what we will bring,I'm sure MaryLou will figure out something.
Roger

Mikethefixit 09-03-2008 06:21 AM

Ok Im havin problems with the site. Last night I could see C 8/9/10/ available now only c 13 /14 /15 I know they did disappear over nite.
Am I keying in the wrong criteria?. Please advise Back in or full service
Roger

loudruff 09-03-2008 09:10 AM

Why don't you just call the park office there and tell them where you want to be? ...like near C5 and 6 and see whether they can give you a nearby spot.

bob otto 09-03-2008 03:40 PM

Reservation

Roger
We are in full service. But right across from us are pull thrus with full hook up, if I am not mistaken. A lot of sun there, but you would be close. Bring whatever you want. We'll eat anything. I think I'm going to make a pot roast in the crock pot.
Al and Shanim-dessert would be nice, but make whatever you want. But dessert sounds good.
I'm not sure what day others are going to Put in Bay and not sure that they will make it back in time for the pot luck.
Also the P & S Rally is at Battery Park over the weekend and I am planning on wandering over there one day to see what's going on, if you would like to come along. Either Friday or Saturday.

bob otto 09-03-2008 03:53 PM

Sites

Roger
All I am seeing available is in the area of electric back in and site are like
C106, 109.C110 in that area. Which is still not going to be that far from us. Those lanes are long and 2 sided so they can't be that far apart. We're just thrilled that you are coming. We will be within walking distance even if we have to come to you. We look forward to meeting you both.

ctdair 09-03-2008 04:11 PM

Ok I let Shinim know dessert is requested,what time is the expected potluck planned for.

rslaymaker 09-03-2008 05:32 PM

Hello & add another Airstream

I just made reservations for the nights of 9/12 & 9/13. I grabbed site C14, which I believe is in the same row as the others. We are certainly looking forward to meeting some fellow Airstreamers. As for our participation, unless someone knows what we should contribute, I will wait to determine what is needed.

ps. does anyone know if the campground gets TV reception? I know, I know... But, I believe OSU plays USC on 9/13 and this is one opportunity for me to cheer on the Buckeyes.

mustang 09-03-2008 08:46 PM

In the 70s my parents watched the impeachment of president Nixon there in our starcraft popup, so back then it did.

DanB 09-04-2008 06:29 AM

p & s rally?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob otto (Post 612194)
Roger
We are in full service. But right across from us are pull thrus with full hook up, if I am not mistaken. A lot of sun there, but you would be close. Bring whatever you want. We'll eat anything. I think I'm going to make a pot roast in the crock pot.
Al and Shanim-dessert would be nice, but make whatever you want. But dessert sounds good.
I'm not sure what day others are going to Put in Bay and not sure that they will make it back in time for the pot luck.
Also the P & S Rally is at Battery Park over the weekend and I am planning on wandering over there one day to see what's going on, if you would like to come along. Either Friday or Saturday.

Did I miss this announcement re: the P & S Rally? Per thier website,
40th Anniversary Rally
Sept 11-14, 2008

Held at The Sandusky County Fairgrounds
901 Rawson Ave. Fremont, Ohio 43420

Is thier a second one?

Mikethefixit 09-04-2008 11:13 AM

Hey BOB
We are all set, we have C13 reserved. Dan I guess I saw that two but only paid half attention. I'd like to wander over there also and meet those guys. ITs Steve and Kevin I think whom I asked alot of questions of before we purchased ours. They had one just like it. They answered all my questions and then some. Very Nice People!
Roger

bob otto 09-04-2008 05:46 PM

Pot luck

Lets plan on 6:00 for the pot luck. So far on the menu we have pot roast and dessert.
As for the P & S Rally, Bob is planning on wandering over there on Friday or Saturday. Our local Akron Unit is at that rally and we have been in touch with them. Gary Auman, our Akron Unit leader has said that he sees no problem with us dropping by and checking it out. Plus there is also the trip to the island if anyone is enterested in going. You have to discuss that with Terry and Brenda. They are going to the island, just not sure what day.
Glad to have a few more folks coming along.

Mikethefixit 09-04-2008 06:50 PM

Hi BOB
To go with pot roast,hummmm, I'll ask MaryLou about deviled eggs. Problem with them is they evaporate very quickly. Maybe someone will chime in wiff something else and we will have a meal after all. Bob 6pm potluck what nite.?
I havn't gone hungry at one of this things yet.
Roger

bob otto 09-05-2008 04:06 PM

Pot Luck

I was thinking around 6:00 on Saturday night. Is that a good time for everyone? :blush: If not, chime in.