Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Forum (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   My Airstream is Losing Appeal! (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/my-airstream-is-losing-appeal-41195.html)

Smokin Camel 04-13-2008 07:39 AM

My Airstream is Losing Appeal!

I just brought my tools and materials for this summers projects doen to my Airstream:) .

I checked my mouse traps and not a one:huh: .

Then I found a single piece of paper towel that had a couple of chews out of it...not much mind you but it was definately signs of game:bb: .

I started tracking the beast, but the trail went instantly dead...no other chews, no little mouse calling cards anywhere :sad: .

I then left the hunt and returned to installing batteries and so forth. I then found a sticky trap that I always set by the water tank under the floor.........there was a single mumified mouse in it (and a sensor wire) :lol: . At first I was over joyed, then I realized..........

Only one mouse??????? Mice usually love Airstreams! What is wrong with mine? Why is my Airstream loosing it's appeal?:(

overlander63 04-13-2008 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Camel

Only one mouse??????? Mice usually love Airstreams! What is wrong with mine? Why is my Airstream loosing it's appeal?:(

The single mouse was a scout. When the scout didn't return to Mouse Central, the Mouse In Charge of Keeping Everything Yummy placed your Airstream on the "Do Not Enter" list.
A single mouse will be sent out periodically to monitor your Airstream for changes in status.

Smokin Camel 04-13-2008 08:07 AM

That makes me feel better. I'll keep the 30-06 sighted in just in case another one show up! Thaks for the ip about it being a scout....I had not thought of that one. I was really worried that AS had lost its appeal:) .

FordTruck 04-13-2008 08:16 AM

the 30-06 makes an awfully big hole that you'd have to repair. a .22 will do the job and make repairs easier.

lewster 04-13-2008 08:33 AM

I prefer '00' shot. Very difficult to miss, and you get to 'ventilate' the trailer at the same time :lol:

Smokin Camel 04-13-2008 10:05 AM

00 Sounds Better!

I missed the last one I shot at?????????

The 00 definately sounds like the way to go, I'll give that a try. I can see the advantage, that if I want vent holes somehere I don't shoot, I can plug them with rivets!....your brilliant:sorcerer: !!!

juel 04-13-2008 10:43 AM

Never had a mouse bother either trailer. Now squirrels are a real problem here. They eat the wiring. Wouldn't shoot one, but then I have a Jack Russell. Nature's way. No, he doesn't kill them, he only kills frogs and toads that make him sick when he tries to eat them. I didn't say he was intelligent, just driven.

Smokin Camel 04-13-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juel
Never had a mouse bother either trailer. Now squirrels are a real problem here. They eat the wiring. Wouldn't shoot one, but then I have a Jack Russell. Nature's way. No, he doesn't kill them, he only kills frogs and toads that make him sick when he tries to eat them. I didn't say he was intelligent, just driven.

Tried the dogs...4 German Wirehaired Pointers. They make a mess and tear everything up trying to get the mouse. On top of that there's never any barley pop left in the fridge whenever they get in to the trailer.:sad: Then there's no place to sit down, tow get on each gaucho....they just take over.

I'm taking Lew's advice and switching to 00 buck!

Isadora 04-13-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juel

Yikes, squirrels!I hadn't thought about them, and we are surrounded by black walnut trees! We have squirrels by the dozens around here. I guess Jim will have to oil up his 22!:mad:

lewster 04-13-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin Camel
I missed the last one I shot at?????????

The 00 definately sounds like the way to go, I'll give that a try. I can see the advantage, that if I want vent holes somehere I don't shoot, I can plug them with rivets!....your brilliant:sorcerer: !!!

I REALLY like the idea of filling the shot holes with rivets!!!!!:lol:

Melody Ranch 04-13-2008 05:16 PM

Shell game by the mice

Here I spent all my effort keeping mice and squirrels out of the Airstream. They attacked my Chevy Duramax instead. A couple days ago I started having electrical system glitches in the truck. Well, they hit almost all the wiring under the hood and the fuel tank sensor at the tank. They were even in the fuse box and air cleaner. I park out under the oak trees...now I have to figure out a new line of defense.....inside the barn with the Caravel?

juel 04-13-2008 06:49 PM

Jack Russell....... tied to the bumper or just build a fence around the AS and the truck and let the wee beastie have free reign.

vswingfield 04-13-2008 07:06 PM

A friend of mine once nailed a mouse 70 feet away with an arrow. Worked great, ruined the arrow, though. :blush: He decided that it wasn’t worth it.

Isadora 04-13-2008 08:48 PM

Squirrels tore out the wiring in a Ford F-150 a friend of mine had, cost him $450. to get it fixed. Little stinkers! They seem to love wiring, they chewed up my Christmas lights one year. I might not need a dog, I have a squirrel killing cat.:D