Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   New Canadian Argosy owner (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/new-canadian-argosy-owner-40777.html)

Homesick 03-27-2008 09:07 PM

New Canadian Argosy owner

Located just west of Edmonton,Alberta.
I just agreed to purchase a 1975 22' rear door Argosy. Its in really good shape(one family owned. father-son). I only paid a $1,000.00 for it, so at the very worst it will be a learning experience reno'ing it.
I had to get something bigger for the family as the slide in camper just didnt cut it anymore(1 toddler, 2 big dogs, and my wife, and I)
I'm hoping that my 06 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 megacab will tow it.

Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge on this board.

Cheers

Royce 03-27-2008 09:30 PM

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Argosy. Sounds like you got a great deal on a nice design. Look forward to seeing some photos.

Mackhopp 03-27-2008 09:49 PM

Congrats! You're in for a fun ride...!

moosetags 03-27-2008 11:08 PM

Welcome from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us. Congrtaulations on your new baby.

nairnchyz 03-28-2008 12:22 AM

Welcome from Roblin in the Parkland Region of Manitoba. Sounds as if you negotiated a swell deal on the Argosy.
You should do fine with your Dodge Ram.
It's only a few more sleeps before you can hook up and enjoy. We just got another large dump of snow and look forward to some green grass one of these days.
Take care,
Bob

juel 03-28-2008 02:48 AM

Great move getting the Argosy. They are light and easy to tow. You should have no trouble. I have a 24ft, with way too much "stuff" in it and have pulled it with my Tundra for a couple of years with no problems. Post the pictures when you go to pick it up. It's 80 degrees here and Spring camping weather.

Road Ruler 03-28-2008 05:53 AM

Good day Alberta. That rear door 22 is a great open concept lay out. We looked a t a number of them when we were shopping and came close to getting one. Enjoy!

Happycampers 03-28-2008 07:48 AM

Welcome for Peterborough, Ontario and to the wonderful world of Argosys...:flowers: ... Sounds like you got a really good deal. Have seen one and wouldn't mind one ourselves sometime... just what we need another project...:lol:

truckasaurus 03-28-2008 08:19 AM

Greetings from rural Onoway. I might just be the nearest forum member to you? I'll start my reno when I pick mine up next month.

Rae 03-28-2008 08:27 AM

Good price OM. I have a 22 ft 1974 and have been going to Key West for 22 years. You will freeze your but of if you user it in the winter..Worst part is the Black water and toilet dump valves. You will see.
Just had mine painted.
Rae Burlington,Ontario.

cameront120 03-28-2008 09:04 AM

Congrats on the new trailer and welcome from the wet coast!

Homesick 03-28-2008 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckasaurus
Greetings from rural Onoway. I might just be the nearest forum member to you? I'll start my reno when I pick mine up next month.

I'm rural Stony Plain. Straight down hwy 770 by the N. SK river.
I'll be waiting to pick mine up as well. Still a fair amount of snow in front of the trailer. It was only a deal because it was parked at my friends acreage for the past 3 years and hasnt moved. So he called the owner and he has lost interest in it(it was his fathers). He knows he pretty much gave it away.
I'm also planning on some major reno's. Full paint job, flooring, upholstry, wiring. Hopefully the floor, axles, and plumbing are good. Otherwise the neighbors are all willing to come over and help for beers(which can be expensive)
I'll post pics up soon