Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Our Community (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   My new website (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/my-new-website-39188.html)

safari57 01-22-2008 08:58 PM

So Rodney, how does one get a subscription to this? From the cover it looks like it will be a lot of fun to read.

A big undertaking.

Barry

Torii 01-23-2008 07:41 AM

No cover image...

Well I can't see the cover image...Interesting concept. Can't wait to see the first issue.

Boondocker 01-23-2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by safari57
So Rodney, how does one get a subscription to this? From the cover it looks like it will be a lot of fun to read.

A big undertaking.

Barry

At this point, there are no subscriptions required. It is my hope that a modest number of ads will help off set the cost enough that I can afford to keep the project up and going. So in lieu of paying a subscription you could click on an ad now and then and maybe let your friends know about the site.

eubank 01-23-2008 09:35 AM

It's also a good idea for another reason: As I age, the neurons fail to ignite synapses (it takes two to tango, and I've only got a few left), and I forget where we went when, and what we did. By writing up a little travel blog for myself and friends soon after the trip, I'm able to use the info later to reignite the vague memory.
:)
Lynn

safari57 01-23-2008 09:38 AM

Rodney,

Are you wanting contributors? If so, what format, etc. are you looking for? I suspect many on the forum would put together something on their travels that would be of interest to the readers.

Barry

starr 01-23-2008 11:15 AM

Awesome idea!

Keep us all updated.

XO,
Starr

Boondocker 01-23-2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by safari57
Rodney,

Are you wanting contributors? If so, what format, etc. are you looking for? I suspect many on the forum would put together something on their travels that would be of interest to the readers.

Barry

Indeed I am looking for contributors, in fact, I am counting on contributors to provide content on favorite local attractions. The articles can be done in any word processor and sent along with any images and I will put them into publishable form. I haven't even began to draw up submission guidelines as this whole enterprise is fairly free form at the moment. For now, I guess if someone has an idea they should just contact me and we can hash it out.

soldiermedic 01-23-2008 11:26 AM

Hehr General....

I can put you in contact with one of my best friends stationed at Ft. Sill who is an avid hiker and has explored numerous wilderness areas. Perhaps he can give you some good info on other places you haven't been.

Steve

aturner4u 01-23-2008 11:40 AM

Neat idea. :) I can see the cover but it took a long time to load, even with being on a pretty fast network connection.

TBRich 01-23-2008 12:19 PM

Great undertaking, Rodney...looking forward to the first issue...always nice to hear about great places to go!

TB

maxandgeorgia 01-23-2008 12:41 PM

Super addition for all of us on this forum who love to travel, especially to those out of the way places. Can't wait and we may work up the courage to contribute:) ~G

Sugarfoot 01-23-2008 12:49 PM

Rodney, I like what I see and I'm excited about your first issue. There's no telling how far this could go. I would anticipate lots of interest since folks are looking for the best bang for their buck in destinations these days. I'll be watching for the unveiling of the finished product.

Boondocker 02-08-2008 08:12 AM

Almost there

Its been an epic getting the first edition together, but it is almost there :band:. The first issue will be a bit rough around the edges but sooner or later one has to declare it finished and move on :blink:. If all goes to plan (what could possibly go wrong....) you can look for debut Sunday or Monday. Thanks again for all the encouragement folks.

balrgn 02-08-2008 09:02 AM

Can't wait, looks like you have hit on a popular theme! :wally: