Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Our Community (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   My new website (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/my-new-website-39188.html)

Boondocker 01-22-2008 01:45 PM

My new website

I have been kicking around the idea of a new website centered around outdoor travel. Basically once a month a new issue will come out with a feature destination and helpful information if you want to go there and then other interest stories to round it out. As new issues come out, the older ones will stay available so that overtime a reasonable base of information will develop. I have some other ideas that will be added over time to spiff things up some more. Anyone who has suggestions or who would like to contribute is welcome to give me a yell. In the mean time here is the February cover as it looks today :D
Feb 2008

soldiermedic 01-22-2008 01:46 PM

Well...you have my neurotransmitters flowing, and my nerves are firing.

Bob....more novacaine!

Steve

lovingtahoe 01-22-2008 02:17 PM

Very Cool!!!! I can't wait for issue #1

kposey 01-22-2008 02:20 PM

Sounds interesting! Let us know when the first issue is due out. Cabin fever is setting in!

Boondocker 01-22-2008 03:29 PM

Thanks for the encouragement! The first issue should come out the first or second week of Feb. depending on how long it takes me with the technology. By the way, is the cover shot showing up for everyone, I'm not convinced that there isn't an issue with that.

ArtStream 01-22-2008 03:40 PM

Rodney!
Great idea. I applaud you on your ambitious undertaking.

Look forward to the first edition:)

Michael

rettoc625 01-22-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gen Disarray
Thanks for the encouragement! The first issue should come out the first or second week of Feb. depending on how long it takes me with the technology. By the way, is the cover shot showing up for everyone, I'm not convinced that there isn't an issue with that.

There's an issue, the cover doesn't show up for me.

Mary

lovingtahoe 01-22-2008 05:44 PM

I can see the cover.

vswingfield 01-22-2008 05:51 PM

Good Idea

Hi Rodney,

Ambitious project, but a good one. Best of luck! I am seeing the cover fine, but the tab at the top says “Untitled Document”. Remember the title tag. I am looking forward to your first issue.

azflycaster 01-22-2008 05:57 PM

Rodney,
Great topics for February. Eclipse and Dutch Over cooking are two great subjects. Then I saw, how to improve your vacation photos, will this help me win the photo of the month? I'm not sure, maybe the problem has been the last two judges...:lol: :lol:

I look forward to seeing the finished product.

juel 01-22-2008 06:20 PM

The cover showed up well for me. I'm looking forward to reading about improving my photos. It doesn't include buying one of those $4900.00 Nikons I hope.

KeithC 01-22-2008 06:28 PM

Hey Rodney,

I love reading about quality camp sites and what the sites have to offer. You have a great idea.

Today, with diesel at $3.00 a gallon plus, our number one concern is what the cost of fuel does to our limited budget.

Reading about how we can get the maximum amount of enjoyment from one site we visit, if we stay longer, would be a bonus.

I would love to read about camping sites that have meaningful extented stay discounts with a lot to do closeby.

Camper Dave 01-22-2008 06:50 PM

Rodney, I commend you on the travel website undertaking and will look forward to the February first posting. I'm always looking for camping information and travel pictures to help me plan my summer vacation next travels.

Boondocker 01-22-2008 08:08 PM

Thanks for the encouragement everybody, while I am excited about this it is a daunting prospect to crank out one of these a month. One of my goals is to have the feature article be about lesser known destinations at least every other month, and preferably more often. Also, as people begin to offer (I hope) articles it is possible that more locations will be included per month. Along with the articles about things like photography and eclipses, I would love to have some articles on starting to fly fish, boondocking tips and so forth. Photography I know, fly fishing- thats another deal altogether (hint :D). Right now the big thing for me is getting up to speed on the technology and that end of things.