Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Rallies & Meet Ups (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   NorCal : NorCal Rally, Casini Ranch, April 11-13 (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/norcal-rally-casini-ranch-april-11-13-a-38659.html)

Big Dee 12-31-2007 10:14 PM

NorCal Rally, Casini Ranch, April 11-13

Happy New Year everybody! Well it's four months to April so past time to get this thread going. As discussed at Lake San Antonio last October, we are planning this year's spring rally to line up with Spring Break so families can stay extra-days. The weekend of April 11-13 lines up with most school's Spring Breaks. So we are set on the date, let's start calling in our reservations. Everyone makes their own reservations. We will gather in the full hook-up section but feel free to reserve a river site (elect/water only).

For reservations call: 1 (800) 451-8400

For those that don't know, Casini is a special place. Casini Ranch Family Campground is right on the Russian River on a huge old working ranch surrounded by redwoods next to the quaint town of Duncans Mills. Its about 10 miles to the coast and the ranch is just outside the fog line. Exceptionally beautiful area with redwoods, ferns, wild flowers, eagles, herons, jumping salmon, rocky beaches, lush hillsides, and crystal clear air. Check the website for more info.

Click here for Casini Ranch website

ROBERTSUNRUS 12-31-2007 10:32 PM

Gas and Directions

:) Hi, Casini Ranch is a really nice place and we had a really great time there last year. I hope we can make it again this year. Make sure you have plenty of gas [or Diesel] and proper directions so you don't get lost with your fuel gauge reading empty, like a few of us did last year.

FreshAir 12-31-2007 10:33 PM

We are there!

Great, Big Dee! I was just researching the other reservations we want to make for 2008. Casini will include us!

Big Dee 12-31-2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS
:) Hi, Casini Ranch is a really nice place and we had a really great time there last year. I hope we can make it again this year. Make sure you have plenty of gas [or Diesel] and proper directions so you don't get lost with your fuel gauge reading empty, like a few of us did last year.

good point! get gas on 101 and the exit is River Road no matter what the navigation says. River Road to Moscow Road and your there.

Big Dee 12-31-2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreshAir
Great, Big Dee! I was just researching the other reservations we want to make for 2008. Casini will include us!

neil i love your avatar! was that your christmas card this year?

can't wait to see you and lynn in april!

FreshAir 01-01-2008 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dee
neil i love your avatar! was that your christmas card this year?

can't wait to see you and lynn in april!

We were Christmas shopping in....Wal Mart and I spotted the little 'tinsel' trees and laughed at this tacky '50s and '60s retro look. Whoa! What could look more cool in a '66 AS! We have had many comments on it. We had already put together our Christmas Card when I got the aluminum tree. Next Year, however.

Fyrzowt 01-01-2008 12:37 AM

I thought it was on fire...:lol:

FreshAir 01-01-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fyrzowt
I thought it was on fire...:lol:

Yes, Dave, that was my first impression too. I took many pics to correct that impression. You, a fireman, are the first to make that comment so I thought it was just me.:sad:

Big Dee 01-01-2008 03:40 PM

i am confirmed for site 132, friday thru wednesday!!! i get to stay for 5 nights. wow i am so excited!!

millvalleyca 01-01-2008 04:43 PM

How many ways are there to get to Casini Ranch from Hwy 101 going north from SF? Last year we drove there just to "check things out" before we signed up and ended up on a narrow winding road. (beautiful ride through the redwoods) Being newbies we thought it would be crazy for us to attemp to drive our trailer there. We must have taken a wrong turn because it looks pretty "straight forward" on the directions map.

Buttercup 01-01-2008 04:44 PM

We have spot 140 confirmed Friday through Sunday - Sorry, I have to work Monday - boo....

Coastalview 01-01-2008 10:14 PM

I will see if we can slip into space 131 Big Dee, for Thursday through Sunday.
Jeff

janetb 01-01-2008 11:04 PM

We're trying for 141 again. It was a great spot last year, and it really knocked our socks off to see so many Airstreams together. Those vintage units are beyond beautiful.
A terrific group--hope we see a lot of repeat offenders!
:blush:

Big Dee 01-02-2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millvalleyca
How many ways are there to get to Casini Ranch from Hwy 101 going north from SF? Last year we drove there just to "check things out" before we signed up and ended up on a narrow winding road. (beautiful ride through the redwoods) Being newbies we thought it would be crazy for us to attemp to drive our trailer there. We must have taken a wrong turn because it looks pretty "straight forward" on the directions map.

the best route to casini from 101 is river road. easy road, no problem for any rig. take river road exit from 101, go west for about 30 mins to duncans mills. take a left onto moscow road. casini ranch is about a mile on the left. see you there!