Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   WBCCI Rallies & Events (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289/)
-   -   4CU 004 : Four corners Unit - New Years Rally at Picacho Peak State Park (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289/four-corners-unit-new-years-rally-at-picacho-peak-state-park-35726.html)

azflycaster 11-14-2007 07:01 PM

Choke holds and chainsaws....

This is turning into a great event!

Barry, sorry to hear that you can not sneak across the border.

ScrapIrony-2 11-14-2007 07:04 PM

Los cincuentasietes,
We will most assuredly toast ya'll, and hope things will plane out such that this is just a speed bump...what flavor do you favor?

TB,
I will recheck, as I was pretty sure, kinda, sorta, maybe, that this is what I was told was a benefit of the annual pass...since our time schedule is not one that requires us to HAVE to be anywhere but appointment-type stuff, we wouldn't need to day-use a park...we'd just stay there for the night...
In any event, we bought our last two annual passes(actually, our ONLY two passes) at Picacho Peak, so I will ask them. An advantage of older age status is that you can say " I thought that was what happened, but i've slept since then...". Entirely possible I'm thinking of Arkansas...now where DID I put that pass? I do know it does not apply to camping, but I was thinkin that you had to pay a day use fee when camping...I'll post our enquiry results.

Mr AZflycaster,
We'll be cruising the area early, and may be staying there as much as a week before the rally, so if there is an area which has/allows wood gathering, we'll bring a few logs...we won't, however, be bringing a chainsaw...

mike

azflycaster 11-14-2007 07:08 PM

Let me know when you are going to be there. I make a lot of trips to Tucson. I went there today. I will stop by if in the area.

Good idea about the chain saw, you don't need one for the cactus. I will grab some wood off of my pile.

ScrapIrony-2 11-14-2007 07:19 PM

OK...no chainsaw, but the chokehold option is still valid...? I may use it on myself to save others the trouble(and me a serious breathing problem).
If you are grabbing wood off your pile, might I ask where you got it to make that pile...? And how much environmentally incorrect garden hose should we bring-never mind, I'll just bring my neighbor's...he won't miss it till next spring...

azflycaster 11-14-2007 07:24 PM

Garden hose I got. They only last a year or two in Phoenix. The copper pipe is the tough one. All the good stuff has been stolen all ready:lol:

It gets very thin after about 10 fires.

Sounds like a trip to the dumpster at work...

jimmini 11-14-2007 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by safari57
Drat :(

I can't come:o

I'm still having trouble traveling any distance, and I'm told I'm uninsurable anywhere out of the Province from a medical standpoint. This getting old is really "getting old" and I'm only 57. Too many motorcycles, old cars, and old saloons in my early years is catching up with me

As well he indicates that some of the drugs I require (get me a bit hyper as some of my posts might have indicated:blush: ) aren't legal down south of the border.

This is extremely disappointing for Donna and I as we were looking forward to getting out with the "cloud", and meeting the group. I already had the trailer half packed (I am getting bored trapped at home -gotta do something.....) and Donna had the time booked off at work.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to open a cool one on our behalf and drink it at New Years to toast the 4CU and the members.:flowers:

We shall see what happens come spring.

Barry


:sad: We have kind of a problem comming to see my brother in law in Golden BC.I have to take all my NRA & GOA stuff off of TV.Seems the people at the border crossing into Canada do not like guns stuff.I use to drive to Alaska to work each summer till crossing just was not worth the trouble.
:) I will have a few drinks for you and Donna. :innocent: Might try your medication too.:cool:

ScrapIrony-2 11-14-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azflycaster
Garden hose I got. They only last a year or two in Phoenix. The copper pipe is the tough one. All the good stuff has been stolen all ready:lol:

It gets very thin after about 10 fires.

Sounds like a trip to the dumpster at work...

ok,
I've got about 18-24'' of 3 0r 4" copper pipe with a tee at the end...just have to wad the hose into multi-sections and grow the fire a little larger...

azflycaster 11-14-2007 07:41 PM

I think I will stay in the 3/4 to 1 inch range. Any larger might put my copper footprint over the top...:sad:

doorgunner 11-14-2007 08:08 PM

gunowners,chainsaws, copper pipes filled with lead, mix in a few adult beverages- sounds like my kinda people.
DG

safari57 11-14-2007 08:26 PM

Oh MAN, I'm really gonna miss a party. The choke hold thingy is a tad scary, particularly any additional lessons my wife may learn.

With all the fun stuff like garden hose, copper pipe, and the other paraphernalia this sure does sound like a party in 1969 I wished I had gone to :D - I think if my buddies are telling the truth:lol:

Barry

Golden is a wonderful place to live. A tad small, a tad remote right in the mountains, but a beautiful place. They've already had snow I believe brrrrrr.

searcher 11-14-2007 09:06 PM

Ken

I will ask the boss whats up for New Years, I think we have our Safari sold, the prospective buyer is flying here on friday.
I will get back to you.

Steve and faith

wkerfoot 11-15-2007 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by safari57
Drat :(

I can't come:o

I'm still having trouble traveling any distance, and I'm told I'm uninsurable anywhere out of the Province from a medical standpoint. This getting old is really "getting old" and I'm only 57. Too many motorcycles, old cars, and old saloons in my early years is catching up with me

As well he indicates that some of the drugs I require (get me a bit hyper as some of my posts might have indicated:blush: ) aren't legal down south of the border.

This is extremely disappointing for Donna and I as we were looking forward to getting out with the "cloud", and meeting the group. I already had the trailer half packed (I am getting bored trapped at home -gotta do something.....) and Donna had the time booked off at work.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to open a cool one on our behalf and drink it at New Years to toast the 4CU and the members.:flowers:

We shall see what happens come spring.

Barry

Barry,

Have you looked at SkyMed or some other medical transport services? Would these services help?

Bill

safari57 11-15-2007 08:16 PM

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion, I've seen their ads in the blue beret, I'll get going on checking them out. The bigger issue is that the doctor now says I'm still considered a high risk for another stroke or H/A so no one wants to touch that. It has to do with damage from extensive radiotherapy and chemotherapy in the early 90's so it is not standard procedure. But we'll get it sorted out and be out camping ASAP. And who knows, I may yet find a way to get this done.

Barry

wkerfoot 11-15-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by safari57
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion, I've seen their ads in the blue beret, I'll get going on checking them out. The bigger issue is that the doctor now says I'm still considered a high risk for another stroke or H/A so no one wants to touch that. It has to do with damage from extensive radiotherapy and chemotherapy in the early 90's so it is not standard procedure. But we'll get it sorted out and be out camping ASAP. And who knows, I may yet find a way to get this done.

Barry

Barry,

Keep trying, you certainly do not want another stroke or heart attack, one is too many. Hope you get it figured out and can make it to Bozeman.

Bill


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.