Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   WBCCI Rallies & Events (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289/)
-   -   4CU 004 : Four corners Unit - New Years Rally at Picacho Peak State Park (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289/four-corners-unit-new-years-rally-at-picacho-peak-state-park-35726.html)

doorgunner 11-02-2007 09:09 PM

Mr.Silverback;
Not being a wbbcci member- you indicate you will work with non- joiners like myself. What does that mean exactly?

silverback 11-02-2007 11:55 PM

Hello doorgunner,
That one is easy. It means a member invites you as a guest (Richard please correct me if I misspeak here). So we would facilitate that if you would like to join us and and don't have a willing accomplice.
-Ken

azflycaster 11-03-2007 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverback
Hello doorgunner,
That one is easy. It means a member invites you as a guest (Richard please correct me if I misspeak here). So we would facilitate that if you would like to join us and and don't have a willing accomplice.
-Ken

You are correct Ken. The only stipulation is that the guest attend in an Airstream trailer/MH. It is a good way for someone who is thinking about joining a WBCCI unit to "check it out".

At Meteor Crater, we had 2 guests who became members before the end of the weekend.

flyfshr 11-03-2007 08:41 AM

I've signed us up for this event because I couldn't think of a better way to ring in the new year than with all my 4CU friends at a rally. Although, we have tickets to a concert for that evening, we are going to find a way to join this rally.

Brad
FF

azflycaster 11-03-2007 12:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of pictures of the site from MS Live Search. The site looks perfect, reminds me of the setip at Dead Horse. 4 Ramadas in the center of the circle as well as a large fire pit.

Who is bringing wood?

ScrapIrony-2 11-03-2007 04:17 PM

Okay, we're on our way, leaving really soon...just gotta winterize the house(water off, drain lines, etc.). we should be there in about 8 weeks, but could be there a bit sooner if we can help set up...? The park is really nice...haven't seen the group areas, as they were closed off to traffic, but the general use camping spots are like all AZ state parks we've seen-clean and comfy...happy volunteers make a huge difference.
mike

Goin camping 11-04-2007 05:14 PM

Question.

Can I bring a fellow CalStreamer who's in a Silver Streak?

Would they have to cover the Silver Streak emblem with a hand made Airstream one?

ScrapIrony-2 11-04-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goin camping
Question.

Can I bring a fellow CalStreamer who's in a Silver Streak?

Would they have to cover the Silver Streak emblem with a hand made Airstream one?

Isn't this a buddy rally...like filled with buddies...? I don't make the rules, just try to avoid them when they're presented...:angel:
In the FWIW(ok, for what it's worth) department, if you are planning on attending a few 4CU get-togethers in AZ, if you buy an annual pass from the state parks, it will cancel the day-use fee(usually $5) from your fee...I think they cost around $40(any AZ member input...?), and we have used this for two years with substantial savings...this year, we will add the Long Term BLM ticket($140 for 7<9?>) months at-will at Quartzite and Yuma sites...don't know how to post(much less highlite) internet links, but basic accessible amenities(dump, H2O,maybe showers) are there.
mike

Ken J 11-05-2007 06:22 AM

Did you guys get the group site with electric?

silverback 11-06-2007 09:59 PM

Electric Ramadas

Ken J,
We have the Quail group site reserved which has power to the ramadas. So we can plug in crock pots etc...
-Ken

TBRich 11-13-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapIrony-2
...snip...In the FWIW(ok, for what it's worth) department, if you are planning on attending a few 4CU get-togethers in AZ, if you buy an annual pass from the state parks, it will cancel the day-use fee(usually $5) from your fee...I think they cost around $40(any AZ member input...?)*, and we have used this for two years with substantial savings...this year, we will add the Long Term BLM ticket($140 for 7<9?>) months at-will at Quartzite and Yuma sites...don't know how to post(much less highlite) internet links, but basic accessible amenities(dump, H2O,maybe showers) are there.
mike

*Mike...I just went to the Arizona State Park website because I didn't think the AZ State Park Annual Pass counted against camping fees...and since we camp at AZ State Parks a lot, I thought, "Man, we are really missing out if this is the case!" And as I thought, from what I can gather from the website site...the Annual Pass does not appy to or reduce the camping fees...it only applies to day-use fees.

Here is the information on annual passes from the website Annual Permit and the 5-Visit Pass :
The Arizona State Parks Standard Annual Pass (Cost: $45) is a day-use pass with the following conditions of use
1. Pass allows pass holder and up to three additional adults in the same vehicle day-use access to all Arizona State Parks except Lake Havasu, Cattail Cove, & Buckskin Mountain (and River Island) on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and recognized State Holidays.
2. Pass cannot be applied toward other park fees; some programs may be an additional fee.
3. Pass is not valid without owner's name on it. Pass holder may be asked to show identification.
4. Pass holder shall hang/display the dated “hanging card” from the rearview mirror for entrance. The wallet card is for parks without a controlled vehicular access point only.
5. Pass does not allow the use of camping facilities including showers, dump station, or for stowage of water of more than 5 gallons from the park.
6. Pass does not guarantee admission to a park that has been closed, restricted, or reached capacity.
7. It is illegal to copy or alter this pass.
8. Nontransferable, non-replaceable, nonrefundable.
9. Pass expires 12 months from date of purchase.

By the way, when you pay the camping fee, there is no additional day-use fee charged...and unfortunately for Arizona state parks, there is no annual camping pass...:sad:

TB

safari57 11-14-2007 02:56 PM

Drat :(

I can't come:o

I'm still having trouble traveling any distance, and I'm told I'm uninsurable anywhere out of the Province from a medical standpoint. This getting old is really "getting old" and I'm only 57. Too many motorcycles, old cars, and old saloons in my early years is catching up with me

As well he indicates that some of the drugs I require (get me a bit hyper as some of my posts might have indicated:blush: ) aren't legal down south of the border.

This is extremely disappointing for Donna and I as we were looking forward to getting out with the "cloud", and meeting the group. I already had the trailer half packed (I am getting bored trapped at home -gotta do something.....) and Donna had the time booked off at work.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to open a cool one on our behalf and drink it at New Years to toast the 4CU and the members.:flowers:

We shall see what happens come spring.

Barry

AirstreamGypsy 11-14-2007 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azflycaster
Who is bringing wood?

I will plan on bringing some. I have 10 acres, so I should be able to find something lying around.:bb: Maybe I'll have to use the chain saw too. Oh goody!

However, I may be late as I will have company over the holidays and do not know when they are leaving.....

Goin camping 11-14-2007 06:07 PM

Barry, I'm bummed. I was really looking forward to meeting you and the Mrs. The upside though is that my Mrs. who has read all your posts about being a passenger was gonna show Donna the various choke and compliance holds she uses on me when I'm in the passenger seat.