Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   1957 Overland? (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/1957-overland-33999.html)

FATMAN 07-07-2007 01:25 PM

1957 Overland?

Hey, Hope Everyone Had A Nice 4th.
I Just Recently Aquired My Airstream, But There Is A Question On What Make It Actually Is, I Guess There Were 3 Models For That Year; The Flying Cloud, Sahara And Overland?
Maybe Someone Out There Can Identify This For Me, Unfortunately I Do Not Have Any Photos Available Just Yet.
There Is Also An Issue With Some Left Hand Threds On My Axle, I've Tried Every Nut And Bolt Place In Tucson, Including Our Airstream Dealor In Town And To No Avail, Maybe Someone Has. Info, On This As Well. Looking Forward To Meeting Some Of You.

streamer23 07-07-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FATMAN
Hey, Hope Everyone Had A Nice 4th.
I Just Recently Aquired My Airstream, But There Is A Question On What Make It Actually Is, I Guess There Were 3 Models For That Year; The Flying Cloud, Sahara And Overland?
Maybe Someone Out There Can Identify This For Me, Unfortunately I Do Not Have Any Photos Available Just Yet.
There Is Also An Issue With Some Left Hand Threds On My Axle, I've Tried Every Nut And Bolt Place In Tucson, Including Our Airstream Dealor In Town And To No Avail, Maybe Someone Has. Info, On This As Well. Looking Forward To Meeting Some Of You.

Hi and welcome to the forums.If you can provide the serial number, someone here can identify which model you have. :)

flyfshr 07-07-2007 01:31 PM

Greetings Fatman. Wow! That sounds bad. Well, greetings anyway. Post the serial number so it can be decoded. We'll be able to tell you what it is. I'm really surprised Oasis couldn't help you out with the left hand threads on your axle. Are they the lug nuts? You might try Auto Safety House here in Phoenix. Best of luck and post pictures when you can.

Brad
FF

flyfshr 07-07-2007 01:33 PM

Oh, by the way, the Safari and Flying Cloud are 22 foot models.

Brad
FF

azflycaster 07-07-2007 01:36 PM

Welcome to the forums!
There were more then 3 models made in 57. Check out this link:
Vintage Airstream Photo Archives
The different models had different lenghts. Measure the trailer from the front of the hitch to the rear bumper and you should have a good idea. If the trailer is 22 feet it could be one of several models. The VIN will also help, it should be on a plate next to the door.

I can't help you with the nut and I see you have been to Oasis RV which is a very good service and parts dealership. Maybe someone else knows about these nuts....

ticki2 07-07-2007 01:51 PM

Some older Chrysler cars and trucks in the 40s,50s and 60s had left hand lug nuts . An auto parts shop may be able to come up with something.Try posting on the Classic Car thread on this forum.

azflycaster 07-07-2007 02:05 PM

Several Dodge products from the mid 60's to around 1970 had left hand lugs on one side of the car. Something to do with tire rotation would loosen the lugs so they reversed them on one side only. A friend of mine broke a lug off of his Dad's Dodge Dart when he went to change a flat. Dad was not happy...