Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Base Camp (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f404/)
-   -   BaseCamp on the Poison Tour! (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f404/basecamp-on-the-poison-tour-33076.html)

soldiermedic 10-24-2007 12:41 PM

It sounds awefully flakey, but it is AIRSTREAM.

Can't imagine what they would do with a custom modded one that was made for Rikki, especially since the basecamp isn't doing very well on the market and could use the exposure.

Rikki...when's the new materiel coming out since Poisoned released"

Steve

rseagle 10-24-2007 02:49 PM

Rikki,

Sorry to hear about your Basecamp. :( Having a mobile drum shop was a good idea. Too bad that AS didn't go along with it. Have you considered getting an older used Airstream and gutting/modifying it for your business?

Hope you're well away from the fires out there.

RIstream'n 10-24-2007 06:35 PM

Just read the whole thread and it's pretty cool. Too bad it had to end Rikki. My 16 year old son is a drummer{he's pretty damn good} and was wondering are you selling kits? If so where can he check them out. I showed him this thread and he said "cool...who's Poison"? Man I'm getting old.......

AirHeadRik 10-27-2007 04:12 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed. But, hey, I had it for free for six months.

Poison is playing the roof of best Buy today. as for new material, I hope we discuss it tonight!

Best Buy Invite Link: :: GHIII - Invite Test ::

- Rikki

soldiermedic 10-28-2007 10:49 PM

Too bad I don't live close to LA.

As for Brett's reality of love show...at least he picked the right girl.

Steve

AirHeadRik 11-18-2007 09:50 PM

Sorry, just saw your question today!

Rockett Drum Works is at: rockettdrumworks.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIstream'n
Just read the whole thread and it's pretty cool. Too bad it had to end Rikki. My 16 year old son is a drummer{he's pretty damn good} and was wondering are you selling kits? If so where can he check them out. I showed him this thread and he said "cool...who's Poison"? Man I'm getting old.......

Pick 11-19-2007 05:43 AM

Sorry to hear about the Basecamp Rikki. My sister and brother-in-law are big fans of yours. They go to all the concerts close to Cleveland, Ohio.

RIstream'n 11-20-2007 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi's Dad
Sorry, just saw your question today!

Rockett Drum Works is at: Rockett Drum Works, inc.

No problem, thanx;)

Sky 03-29-2008 07:49 AM

This isn't good news

FOXNews.com - Poison Drummer Rikki Rockett Arrested on Rape Warrant - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Minnie's Mate 03-31-2008 03:02 PM

September 23, 2007 is a long time to take to track down a famous drummer on something as serious as rape with no plans to extradite.

Jaxon 03-31-2008 04:28 PM

Played in a touring band years ago where the lead guitar player was accused of rape. Some sweet young thaing fell in love with him (he'd never met her nor even saw her at the gig) and followed us to the next town. She literally threw herself at him and wouldn't take "no" for an answer (not even a "h*** NO, leave me alone!"). She was NOT happy.

About 3, maybe 4 weeks later in some other town down the road, the police came in to a club we were playing at and arrested him! He got it all cleared up, took the rest of the week for her to admit nothing ever happened, not even a handshake. Fortunately also, there had been alot of people around us that night in question. Sure made us all think twice down the line...

Other times, casual encounters are mutual but sometimes, the hook is hoping you'll settle out of court to avoid bad publicity... hope in this case, it was one of those.

bertro 03-31-2008 04:52 PM

Sorry but I think there are other formats for this discussion, Like some of the less read rags. Give the man his privacy to deal with these claims.

Minnie's Mate 04-01-2008 12:15 PM

I agree. It just doesn't seem logical timing to me.

rseagle 07-02-2008 02:52 PM

Rikki Rockett Cleared of Rape

I just read that our fellow Airstreamer, Rikki Rockett was cleared of rape charges. Appearently a look-alike did the dirty deed. Rikki wasn't even in the state at the time. He was with his fiance picking out a wedding dress. Good news for him and Poison as they start their 2008 tour.:band:

Good Luck with the tour and your wedding!:D