Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Base Camp (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f404/)
-   -   BaseCamp on the Poison Tour! (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f404/basecamp-on-the-poison-tour-33076.html)

Anon 07-15-2007 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi's Dad
Just received her! Looks great! we are working with "Mental Case" to make the interior benches.

Pics and blog forthcoming!

Rikki
(Somewhere in America in a tour bus)

Hey Rikki, are you going to allow people to tour it while you are, uh, on tour?
I would love to see what it looks like once you get it done!

scf31 07-15-2007 07:40 PM

Awesome set-up !!! backing it up could be tough!!!! even with a rear video! :cool:

craftsman 07-15-2007 08:01 PM

Super cool and can't wait to see and hear more about the Rockett/Airstream snare.

68 Overlander 07-15-2007 08:41 PM

Rikki,
I hate to age myself that much but I watched Poison and Ratt knock the house down in Newport News VA in 86 if I have my facts right and loved it. I just know my ears hurt afterwords and my buddy saying "what?" I think we called it the Ratt Poison tour.
Anyway, great idea to combine the classics. Good luck with your Drum company and I can tell you the Basecamp is pretty cool. My daughter wants one instead of a dorm when she goes to college in a couple years. I think she has been listening to 80s hair bands. That's a compliment Rikki I promice, good luck.

AirHeadRik 07-28-2007 12:45 PM

Update...

7/28/07 - The Base Camp rig has been getting nothing but compliments at every stop including truck stops. It has worked out well as both a motorcycle trailer and as our mobile drum building workshop. Dave Winnick came out to a couple of shows and is working with us on an Airstream/Rockett Drum Works snare drum. Wrapped in aluminum!!! Should be a monster.

I will post a link when I get the blog up and running. Anyone wanting to this up close, check poison_splash and see when we are in your area and then e-mail me at: rockett@rockettdrummworks and I'll see if we can co ordinate a time while we are in the road for ya to take a peek.

Cheers!

Rikki

soldiermedic 07-28-2007 12:52 PM

Rikki,

Looking forward to the St. louis date if the Army lets me off duty for it.

I hope everyone on tour is keeping up with Brett's new show "Rock of Love". I guess Tommy Lee did reality, Brett can too!

You gotta tell us...who winds it all?

Steve

AirHeadRik 07-28-2007 12:59 PM

St. Louis

Ahhh, we are filming a special for HD Net on that day. Will be pretty interesting.

Bret's show... I seriously don't know. he won't tell us! I swear!

Quote:

Originally Posted by soldiermedic
Rikki,

Looking forward to the St. louis date if the Army lets me off duty for it.

I hope everyone on tour is keeping up with Brett's new show "Rock of Love". I guess Tommy Lee did reality, Brett can too!

You gotta tell us...who winds it all?

Steve

soldiermedic 07-28-2007 01:10 PM

Will he tell you how many cows were harmed in the process of making his coat?

Just kidding.

POISON RULES!:band:

Jaxon 07-28-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soldiermedic
Michael, Let's not forget about those old Tama players, and especially Drum Workshop. I think the WBCCI will have to vote on the issue, and only allow the Airstream snare drums in, but not grandfather the predecessor drums.
Steve

Tama? DW? Gretsch and Ludwig? Jeeze y'all, suppose we'll throw in some Pearls, too, huh...? nothing beats Noble & Cooley... so sweet in the studio... so fine live... OMG, just what drums were invented to do... :cool:

Safari Tim 07-28-2007 07:08 PM

Hey Rikki,

Get in touch with me, I'd like to have you on the show.

tim@thevap.com

soldiermedic 07-28-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safari Tim
Hey Rikki,

Get in touch with me, I'd like to have you on the show.

tim@thevap.com

Could it be that a rock musician with two NEW Airstreams could change the VAP in demographic listeners?

Stay tuned.

Steve

rseagle 09-27-2007 02:45 PM

Rikki,

How was the Poison tour this summer and how did your new Basecamp perform? Any pix on how you used it for your drum works?

AirHeadRik 10-24-2007 09:43 AM

I regret to inform all of you that Airstream has asked for the Base Camp back. I was told budget cuts, revamping, ect, etc. I have no idea really. We were poised for some great PR.

It was fun having it out on the tour and I do hate to let it go. I could buy it from them at quite a discount, but it lacks the stove, fold down beds and a few other small things.

If anyone is interested it would be considerably cheapeer than a new one. My e-mail is: poisondrummer@mac.com

I'm quite bummed, but at least I got a Base Camp for 6 months that I took all over the country. I just hate that I spent money on the modifications and then had to let it go. But, boo hoo, I'll live. Still have my Bambi!

mandolindave 10-24-2007 10:16 AM

I don't know the details but...........

Does that sound like a flakey thing for Airstream to do?????????