Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Base Camp (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f404/)
-   -   BaseCamp on the Poison Tour! (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f404/basecamp-on-the-poison-tour-33076.html)

ArtStream 06-07-2007 08:38 AM

The inevitable question arises?

Will the owners of the Rockett Drum Works/Airstream badged snare drum be allowed to join the WBCCI?

Where does that leave the owners of Gretsch and Ludwig snare drums?

Will this matter be taken up at the International?

Save Ginger!

Michael:smartass:

mandolindave 06-07-2007 09:40 AM

Base Camp, Base drum, Drum Camp

I was just in a Base Camp. It was a very cool toy, but basically a pimped
utility trailer. Absolutly great for Kayaks, ATV's , and motorcyles. It weighed as much as my 20 footer. The drum workshop is a way cool application. The downside would be that the smaller trailers are really hard to back up with out jack knifing.
My drummer has a much larger utility trailer customized with windows , doors and fans that he uses for onsite workshop when he does his carpentry gigs.( for way less money )

Minnie's Mate 06-07-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandolindave
My drummer has a much larger utility trailer customized with windows , doors and fans that he uses for onsite workshop when he does his carpentry gigs.( for way less money )

Uh, I don't think that's the point.

mojo 06-07-2007 05:36 PM

Sounds like a great adventure in the Base "Drum" Camp. I booked you guys back in your heydays opening for the Crue in Phoenix and Vegas @ the Alladin when I was with Evening Star Productions. Looking forward to reading your blogs.

Streamin 65 06-07-2007 08:33 PM

Dust collection

Hey Man!!!
Nice to see you and Poison are still alive and well! I'm really looking forward to seeing your new workshop on wheels. As a carpenter/cabinetmaker/woodworker I'd suggest looking into a dust collector for the rig if you are going to be doing much more than some small cuts. They are sooooooo much nicer than wading through piles of sawdust while you work, and the right set up can clear the air of the smaller unhealthy particles, especially the dust from MDF. Here's a link to a great site on dust collection Bill's Home Page click on dust collectors and cyclones and read away. I'm sure one could be built to fit into your Base Camp with some mods. Feel free to PM if you have any questions. Take care --dave

Anon 06-07-2007 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi's Dad
I'm Rikki, the original and still drummer for Poison. I have been on these forums for a couple of years now. I just sold my 1964 Bambi II and now own a 2006 Bambi/Safari 19". (Love it!)
Cheers,
Rikki

WOW! Now I know I am mainstream! When the drummer from a rock group that was popular when I was in my teens and twenties owns an Airstream I know I must have been onto something when I got my first one when I was 16! :cool:
Rock on, man. Me and the wife will be at your concert when you come to Detroit at the DTE Music Center!
Now I just have to find that old black Poison T-shirt. :huh: Gee, why does it look like a halter top now? :rolleyes:
I wonder if DTE will let me park the 25 footer in the limo parking?

soldiermedic 06-10-2007 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artstream
The inevitable question arises?

Will the owners of the Rockett Drum Works/Airstream badged snare drum be allowed to join the WBCCI?

Where does that leave the owners of Gretsch and Ludwig snare drums?

Will this matter be taken up at the International?

Save Ginger!

Michael:smartass:

Michael,

Let's not forget about those old Tama players, and especially Drum Workshop. I think the WBCCI will have to vote on the issue, and only allow the Airstream snare drums in, but not grandfather the predecessor drums.

C'est la vie.

Steve

AirHeadRik 06-15-2007 10:09 AM

Base Camp Has Landed!!!

Just received her! Looks great! we are working with "Mental Case" to make the interior benches.

Pics and blog forthcoming!

Rikki
(Somewhere in America in a tour bus)

at_wanderer 06-15-2007 10:47 AM

Orlando Show

I have a friend who is going to your Orlando show. He is a big fan of yours Rikki, being a drummer himself. He is wondering if the Base Camp will be ready and on tour for that show since it is coming up soon.

Brent

Airhog1 06-15-2007 11:32 AM

Hey Rikki,

Great idea...good look on your adventures!!!

G

AirHeadRik 06-21-2007 02:03 PM

Poison / Rockett DrumWorks Base Camp

http://www.airforums.com/attachments.../basecamp1.JPG

Silver Threads 06-21-2007 02:09 PM

Cool, do you still have the 64 Bambi also?

Alumatube 06-21-2007 02:12 PM

Looks awesome!

It looks like a mini version of your silver buses, how funny!

Susan :)

Airhog1 06-21-2007 03:55 PM

.....and the beat goes on.....

G