Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (
-   Mechanics Corner - Engines, Transmission & More... (
-   -   Stabilizer shock (

john roeder 02-11-2007 05:58 PM

Stabilizer shock
2 Attachment(s)
Need to replace this shock-steering stabilizer, it's leaking. Just wondering about the end that goes into the frame. I can't find a way or even see the nut because of the frame work. Is it welded to the frame so all you have to do is screw the old out and the new in. Also the other end sure is hard to get out but i will get, never give up. Thanks to all.


Fyrzowt 02-12-2007 03:55 PM

Not sure of your model, but typically there is an access hole on the back side of the frame where the nut is located. If so, use a socket with extension with an impact wrench if you have one. Hope that helps...

Robfike 02-16-2007 05:42 PM

Bilstein makes a great replacement unit for these.

911rs 03-07-2007 11:50 AM

Bilstein Part Number?
Anyone have a part number for a Bilstein stabilizer shock for a 1975 Argosy 20 350 engine? Thank you

Robfike 03-08-2007 07:53 AM

Go to Bilstein Shocks, Edelbrock Shocks and more: They show the part number as BE3-2645-H0.
This is only one of the online shock outfits. I replaced all of my shocks and the steering stabilizer with Bilstien. (Except the tag shocks, they have to come from Andy)

911rs 03-08-2007 08:43 AM

Thank you Rob.

Robfike 03-09-2007 06:01 AM

Does your online name mean you have a 911RS? I road race a 911 in GT-3 class, and drive a '76 912E on the road.
Last summer I had the 345's hitch upgraded to be able to tow the race trailer. (7000#)

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.