Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   Found it (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/found-it-30001.html)

bina 02-10-2007 05:27 AM

Found it

We have been searching for a while for a airstream and found it in our backyard practically. We brought home yesterday a 1999 Excella Classic.
WE are in Fort Myers, Fl. and have sent in membership to WACCI and now looking for a Florida unit to join.
We will be going for just one day to Sarasota for meeting and learning. We will also be going to Perry GA. in June with the airstream and that will be the beginning of our summer escape to SC & NC . area for summer.
We have our house for sale so don't want to go too far this year.
Lots of projects to do, first is cleaning, curtains to dry cleaners and rug out with cork floors going in. There is a long list before we leave for summer

overlander63 02-10-2007 05:35 AM

If you want a "dry run" you can attend the Florida State Rally in a couple of weeks (with your trailer). You will find many people there more than willing to point you in the right direction for your upcoming adventure. Besides your WBCCI membership, you will only need a few things as far as equipment for the rally.
Like, a free-flowing "Y" for water, a 25 foot white fresh water hose, and a 30 amp-15 amo electric adapter plug.
There are many vendors there to help get you everything you will need, including Airstream's factory store.
If you would like to attend, and don't know who to contact, PM me and I can put you in touch with the proper people. I can also suggest a couple of units you can consider joining. Welcome aboard.

rickandsandi 02-10-2007 06:26 AM

Bill and Nancy-

Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your new baby. WOW, you guys want to jump right in and that is great! You are going to make lots of friends in Perry and probably learn how great the 'family' is.

Welcome aboard! Rick

moosetags 02-10-2007 07:47 AM

Welcome and congratulations. You're gonna love it!

bina 02-10-2007 12:59 PM

rally

thanks everyone
we will go to sarasota but not with airstream. we have so much to do and I imagine the floor will have the carpet ripped up by then but not redone. we are trying to get it ship shape for a 3 month summer escape.
We just hate having issues while we are gone. work now won't prevent it but perhaps we will be lucky by doing due diligent work.
I know one day in sarasota will not be enough but it is all we can do so we will come home tired and sleep in the next day.

overlander63 02-10-2007 03:52 PM

Marie is currently considering taking me to the rally on Friday. Maybe we can all get together for a few minutes at some point on that day. I'll start a thread on this, so we can all get together and say hi, and maybe be able to put faces to forum names.
Normally I or another local moderator would arrange for a forums happy hour at the very least, but I won't be there long enough, not can I get around well enough, to make it work this time. Please check the upcoming thread "2007 Florida State Forums happy hour" so we can all have a shot on meeting and having a llittle time together.

bina 02-12-2007 12:38 PM

first view

2 Attachment(s)
this is what it looked like when we brought it home. looks good except you can't see the stains on carpet, chair, and couch.
We have draped at cleaners, will clean chair and couch and replace carpet

bina 02-12-2007 12:40 PM

Carpet out

1 Attachment(s)
Here we are under way for this project.

Fyrzowt 02-12-2007 02:18 PM

Great! Be sure to show "After" photos.:)

SwampBillies 02-12-2007 02:22 PM

Welcome to another Floridian! Your baby looks beautiful! Count me in on the get together!