Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Rallies & Meet Ups (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   NorCal : NorCal Rally, April 27-29, Casini Ranch (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/norcal-rally-april-27-29-casini-ranch-29025.html)

Big Dee 01-03-2007 11:50 AM

NorCal Rally, April 27-29, Casini Ranch

A big kudos to the 29 Palms rally crew for organizing the big winter rally!:clap: :clap: :clap: Looks like another great group and wish I could join them. But it is time to think about April at Casini. I've ruled out the first weekend of April since Easter is April 8. So that leaves the other weekends. What weekend works best for everyone? Vote twice.

For those that don't know, Casini is a special place. Casini Ranch Family Campground is right on the Russian River on a huge old working ranch surrounded by redwoods next to the tiny quaint town of Duncans Mills. Its about 10 miles to the coast just outside the fog line. Exceptionally beautiful area with redwoods, ferns, wild flowers, eagles, herons, jumping salmon, rocky beaches, lush hillsides, and crystal clear air. I love the Russian River area. Check the website for more info. Casini Ranch Website

Now choose a weekend and vote!

TinShack 01-03-2007 11:57 AM

Hey Big Dee,

Thanks for getting this started early in the year. I voted for the last week in April. Less chance of rain and warmer. Looking forward to rallying again!:D

Coastalview 01-03-2007 01:45 PM

This is always a great time of year to plan for the Casini Rally in April. A special thanks to Big Dee to get this thread rolling :dizzy:

janetb 01-03-2007 02:24 PM

Last weekend in April is perfect for us. Thanks Big Dee. We were planning a trip there sometime in the spring, so this will be it!

str8strm 01-03-2007 03:12 PM

Big Dee:
The subject of Casini came up yesterday, so I figured we would be hearing from you soon. We have posted our vote for the last weekend. Thanks for getting it going.

BamCamper 01-03-2007 05:25 PM

I could probably be talked into just about any weekend (oh twist my arm to take off and go camping in a great place with great people :D ). I would probably go along with the last weekend for the (possibly) best weather.

Thanks again for organizing!
Laurel

Condoluminum 01-03-2007 05:40 PM

We're in...

Dan-

The April Meeting that interfered last year is happening earlier in the month... As of now either of last two weekends work for us...

John McG

doorgunner 01-03-2007 05:56 PM

unarmed attendance

I'm in, I've taken up a new hobby that should keep me out of trouble. Ham Radio, posted a nice pic onthe jan photo contest. Looking forward to a great time!!! Tim

str8strm 01-03-2007 06:21 PM

It Had To Be You

It's funny Tim. I hadn't noticed the avatar, wasn't paying attention to the coffee flavoring in the background, but when I saw that picture, I knew it was yours.:lol: Kind of reminded me of the rifle and the eye shot. Ron

codybear 01-03-2007 06:39 PM

We may be in that area for abbing during the 18th-20th..so we just may stay longer to attend..whoohoo..the fun never stops!!!!

doorgunner 01-04-2007 05:36 PM

Hot Momma

I'll be unveiling my Mother of all Flamingo's- Hot Momma-at this rally. This is one hot bird! Tim

TinShack 01-04-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doorgunner
I'll be unveiling my Mother of all Flamingo's- Hot Momma-at this rally. This is one hot bird! Tim

Sounds reminiscent of the Burning Man festival or Wicker Man. Maybe we should call it the Burning Flamingo rally.:brows:

Babeebloos 01-04-2007 08:08 PM

I'm getting hungry!

Hey what's with the 'Ham' radios, coffee flavoring, burning Mother 'Flamingoes' and ...Paula...did you make that 'Lemon Meringue Pie' for your avatar??? LOL...oooooowheeee...can't stop making myself laugh!!!
I have free calendar for end of April too...so gotta come along!

BamCamper 01-04-2007 08:32 PM

How could any self respecting Airstreamer not show up to see The Mother of All Flamingoes??? :brows: