Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (
-   Windows & Screens (
-   -   window repair (

Judy Barde 11-25-2006 12:17 PM

window repair
2 Attachment(s)
Where can I buy the outside window gaskets for a 1960 trade wind. It is sort of a bent L shape. It slides into the window chanel thanks Judy Photo enc.

jrkeef 11-25-2006 12:56 PM

I don't know Judy but I intend to watch your post. I have a 55 Flying Cloud that needs lots of window parts. Unfortunately the prior owner removed the front window to install plexiglass around a 110V window unit..........

HowieE 11-25-2006 01:08 PM

How about and end shot, cross section, of the gasket with some dimentional referance, ie a ruler.

azflycaster 11-25-2006 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the gasket they have at VTS.

kim McCumber 11-25-2006 08:30 PM

We are also doing window repair on a 57 Overlander. We'll let you know how it goes. Our previous owner did the same modification to the rear window.

kim McCumber 11-25-2006 08:35 PM
Try this website Judy. They do have vintage window gasket. Look under windows. Kim

scottanlily 11-25-2006 08:57 PM

hello Judy Barde ,alot of excitement on the forums with regards to the 59
and 60 tradewinds .Would you mind posting a bunch of photos on the trdwnd forum? flyfshrs doing a registry as well on the 59 60 tradwinds .Oh yeah ,
Vintage trailer supply is the place ,I still need to do our 60 trdwnd windows.

Scott of scottanlily

Over59 11-26-2006 08:42 AM

I think this is what you are looking for, I used it on my 59

There is another gasket between the window and the window frame they also have that.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.