Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Rallies & Meet Ups (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   2007 Florida Can Opener Rally (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/2007-florida-can-opener-rally-27292.html)

Devoman 10-27-2006 10:29 AM

2007 Florida Can Opener Rally

Who would like to have a get-together in florida after the holidays sometime in January maybe?
Where would some good ares be to do this?Suggestions?
I know a couple or so are gunning towards Henderson State Park.What are your Ideas?

A-Merry-Can 10-27-2006 11:49 AM

i'm definitely in! we'd prefer the first or second weekend in january, not to impose. :D

jp

clancy_boy 10-27-2006 11:57 AM

Yes, We're looking - keep me in the loop. After the first of the year is perfect.

Mike & Tina

kposey 10-27-2006 12:10 PM

I possibly could make the 1st weekend. We start school again on the 8th. Will also have to see what pet sitting jobs come along.

Devoman 10-27-2006 12:11 PM

Dates

Ok...It would be the 5th thru the 7th or the 12th thru the 14th.Fri to Sun.
What location?Should we go ahead and make it at Henderson or top sail?
Henderson is around $25.00 a night with just electric and water.There is a walmart across the street from the park and a few places to eat also.To the east there is the Destin outlet shopping center and the commons which is a great place to shop.They have a bass pro shop also.The Destin outlet is the place to be though if you want great prices on clothes and such.

Topsail is about $40.00 a night and has full hookups with cable.I dont know if they have WIFI available although they do have a few axtras there.Plus there is a local restuarant there just around the corner and they are well known for there food.They only take cash though to let you all know.You can still go to the outlet center to shop and it is closer to the west of the park.

Devoman 10-27-2006 12:13 PM

First weekend

How about the first weekend.The 5th thru the7th?

kposey 10-27-2006 12:20 PM

What is the weather like that time of year?

Devoman 10-27-2006 12:23 PM

Pics

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a couple of Pics to show where the good areas are that I have seen over the few times I have been there.The pic on your left looking at it is Henderson state park.It has about 15 sites in each section and all are nice.
The pic on the right has several areas but the best spot is the one I dotted with the blue dot.It ha a lot of sites.

Devoman 10-27-2006 12:31 PM

Hard to say

It is usually good and sunny.Still cold in the Destin area.I only live about 30 minutes from there though so it is the same here but a lot warmer than it is inland because we will be near the beach but just far enough to not worry about the salty film getting on the Airstreams.The closest place to go swimming in your shorts would be around the west palm beach area.Orlando is perfect when it comes to the weather during that time of year.A bit cold at night but nice during the day.Ft wilderness is opened all year around too:brows:

Jim Clark 10-27-2006 01:26 PM

Great Place

Spent a weekend at TopSail at the end of the summer. It was to hot to be out much so spent much of the time at Silver Sands Outlet mall and spent a lot of money. The Bass Pro Shop was wonderful.

http://www.silversandsoutlet.com/

Keep the planning going.

Thanks Jim

Devoman 10-27-2006 01:36 PM

Hey

What about you 2 Jim & Susan?

ALANSD 10-27-2006 03:46 PM

wish we could join you...but hopefully we will be visiting Pizzachop to do an airstream repair session

nvestysly 10-27-2006 04:30 PM

Danielle and I are certainly considering a trip to Florida. So we'll watch the activity here and see what comes together. Henderson State Park looks good to us. I have to admit I like the lower price. We are not particularly interested in the extras that come with Topsail and it's laid out much more like a "resort" rather than a state park.

Anyone considering Mystic Springs? The price is great! $9 includes water/sewer/electric. No cable or wifi. located about 30 miles north of Pensacola. It's right on the river - boat ramp is 2 blocks down the road.

overlander63 10-27-2006 05:19 PM

I've moved this thread to the "forum rally" section of the forum, good luck with your get-together.:)