Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Forum (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   Weird sightings on the road... (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/weird-sightings-on-the-road-25697.html)

CaddyGrn 08-30-2006 12:54 AM

Weird sightings on the road...

1 Attachment(s)
G'day folks!

I thought I might start this thread and see if any of you find weird stuff ahead of you on the road. Very off topic, but we were going to a campground... Would be interested in your "sightings" of things, stuff, and descriptions!

Let's have some fun! :lol:

I saw this one on the road ahead of us while going to a campground with a lake. Appears a bit top heavy to me....:huh: :blink:

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)

codybear 08-30-2006 02:48 AM

Things that go bump in the night

On the Road: This happened to us at a campground in Pocatello, Idaho..Just before the sun set, we had rolled into the campground site, setup our Safari, locked up the door, then decided to go out to eat dinner..after we got back, we washed up, and got in bed, fell asleep..I heard noises (not voices) in the dark..I whispered to my husband, I think there's something inside moving around and making noises!..he rolled over, I repeated my concern..he drowsily grabbed the flashlight (this was about 2 am) and tried to scan the area..didn't see anything..I started thinking about rats or mice (like that other thread)..I know they'd like to come in where it's cozy and lots of fresh fruits and veggies that we had sitting in open shallow boxes on the dining table..I told him, he's gotta move the fruits and veggies outside, back inside the back of our truck..(as if that would lure the would be visitors/pests outside)..so he did one box at a time..As he came back in for the last box (we had about 4 of them), he and I noticed something dark move past his leg and out the door..

It was a black cat..the next day, we thought about our little guest..and deduced that when we had first gotten in and unpacked and setup, with the door open, the cat must have snuck in..he must have just hid under all our gear while we went out to dine..

We thought about it some more that next day..afterall, we did notice the campers parked next door had a bowl with some food in it..

sfixx 08-30-2006 06:04 AM

Photo without caption....

Honey, I thought you packed the hitch ball!

Jim Clark 08-30-2006 10:24 AM

Looks like a weird sighting on a truck to me.

Funny

Thanks for the post.

Jim

maxandgeorgia 08-30-2006 11:31 AM

First the precarious campsite, now this precariously loaded truck (yikes!). . . What's next to curl my hair????? In comparison, we must live a really dull life! ~G

overlander63 08-30-2006 11:37 AM

How about a full-sized Payloader on a gooseneck equipment trailer, being towed by--a Chevy S-10! The trailer alone would have exceeded the truck's tow rating, much less the 6 or 7 ton machine riding the trailer. And yes, the truck was bottomed out, and howling in protest.

Astrodokk 08-30-2006 11:47 AM

Here's one

1 Attachment(s)
...nice MH, can go anywhere!

CaddyGrn 08-30-2006 12:13 PM

Things that go bump...

Quote:

Originally Posted by codybear
On the Road: This happened to us at a campground in Pocatello, Idaho..As he came back in for the last box (we had about 4 of them), he and I noticed something dark move past his leg and out the door..

It was a black cat..
We thought about it some more that next day..afterall, we did notice the campers parked next door had a bowl with some food in it..

If the cat was in your trailer, I am amazed it didn't jump up on the bed (or you!) and really startle you! :p

I am glad I am not the only one to "hear" stuff and get jittery....:blink:

codybear 08-30-2006 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaddyGrn
If the cat was in your trailer, I am amazed it didn't jump up on the bed (or you!) and really startle you! :p

I am glad I am not the only one to "hear" stuff and get jittery....:blink:

You got that right, Caddy or Mrs. NorCal!..especially since I've never been a big fan of kitties..I probably would have freaked out loudly enough for the neighbors to hear me!

Minnie's Mate 08-30-2006 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codybear
You got that right, Caddy or Mrs. NorCal!..especially since I've never been a big fan of kitties..I probably would have freaked out loudly enough for the neighbors to hear me!

I would have probably "jumped" to the conclusion that it was a 'possum, raccoon, or other similarly sized wildlife and had flashbacks of the umbrella scene in "RV" and made a mess in the bed fearing rabies.

codybear 08-30-2006 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
I would have probably "jumped" to the conclusion that it was a 'possum, raccoon, or other similarly sized wildlife and had flashbacks of the umbrella scene in "RV" and made a mess in the bed fearing rabies.

Hi Minnie's Mate,

I didn't see RV, but knowing it stars Robin Williams, it probably would be funny and crazy!..We do get rats, mice, squirrels, birds, bugs, 'possums and raccoons in our back yard looking for fruits and vegetables that we have planted in our garden..

CaddyGrn 08-30-2006 10:09 PM

4 X 4?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astrodokk
...nice MH, can go anywhere!

Is that thing four wheel drive? :lol: Looks like they have been a "few places" looking at the back end.... Great picture!

CaddyGrn 09-16-2006 11:13 PM

New bathroom solution???

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, hope I don't get in trouble or "scolded" here... but seems pretty interesting to me.... this wasn't a "weird sighting on the road", but just parked off the road! :p

Looks like it would be a "easy" install if your Airstream wasn't using the trailer register.

GlenCoombe 09-17-2006 08:09 AM

That's one REALLY big pintle hitch.... or a redneck comfort station.:lol: