Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Buyer Guidelines (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f353/)
-   -   Best places to advertise my '04 Safari? (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f353/best-places-to-advertise-my-04-safari-24301.html)

onasafari 07-12-2006 08:47 AM

Best places to advertise my '04 Safari?

Hello,

I haven't posted here in some time. My wife and I have had RVs since we got married over 20 years ago. We are currently planning to build a cabin in SW CO and unfortunately realize that we can't "have it all".

We want to sell our travel trailer, and have listed it here on the Airstream forum, but where else can we hope to get good results? We have always traded "up" and this time we can't trade. We're located in the Phoenix area, so if there are best bets in our area please let us know.

Thanks, Tom

AYRSTRM2 07-12-2006 09:41 AM

craigslist.org is great, and free.
Go on the airstream.com site and they have classifieds too.
RVtrader online, google it.

Also, you're timing may be putting you at a disadvantage as I think that the gas prices are keeping units on the market longer.

jordandvm 07-12-2006 09:52 AM

Try Airstream.com classifieds......

We sold our 04 22' CCD in less than a month online (sight unseen) with this free service. I took lots of pics and included all the standard features and options right off the sales document as the description. Regardless of where you list yours for sale, the more you can describe what you're selling, the less the buyer has to wonder about what they're looking at online (especially if they have to travel a great distance to purchase). The buyers of our 22' were very happy and appreciated how "up front" we were about our AS!
Good Luck!

AZstreamin 07-12-2006 11:12 AM

Tom,
I wouldn't worry about your market timing based upon fuel costs, summer is the best time to sell a trailer.. Anyone that can afford a late model Airstream isn't watching fuel prices that close. We also live in Chandler and found our Airstream on traderonline.com from a dealer in California. I totally agree with Jim's assessment. When I was looking if the ad was not detailed I'd look right past it. Good luck.

Condoluminum 07-12-2006 03:36 PM

It's dot net...

Herewith the top four places to try selling...

1. AirstreamForums Classifieds
2. VAC Site - www.airstream.net
3. www.rvtraderonline.com
4. www.craigslist.com for whatever area you're in.. (They don't favor national or regoinal listings...)

Beyond that, there are still ( :cool: ) people who read newspaper classifieds only, I hear... The ones above should expose it to a national audience relatively quickly...

John McG

overlander63 07-12-2006 05:58 PM

Tom, have you asked any builders out there if they have always wanted the Airstream lifestyle? You may be able to trade the trailer for a goodly part of your new cabin, if not more.