Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   Single dad with 4 year old needs trailer (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/single-dad-with-4-year-old-needs-trailer-22855.html)

airstream@si 05-18-2006 08:52 PM

Single dad with 4 year old needs trailer

Hi everyone, Im a British bloke, musician, with a beautiful 4 year old daughter, we live in van nuys, ca.
I sold my 1970 VW bus cos I had to and now Ruby keeps bugging me about camping, I took her once to see an airstream and thats what she wants, I tried cheaper models but she says I hate it, its not silver and round. For those of you who do not have a 4 yr old, forget terrible 2's they double at 4, you cannot deny a 4 yr old what she wants, especially not mine.
Anyway who can help me convince Ruby that a silver camper trailer is better, please let me know, otherwise, I am now looking for a pick up truck and a 20' - 25' silver Airstream.

Hope to see some of you camping soon !
Jon & Ruby Doo:lol:
Iwantanairstream@singclear.com

BeBop 05-18-2006 09:20 PM

Having owned a VW Westpalia, I can understand your daughter's desires and demands. My children (boy & girl) are older, but the memories never leave. What price range are you considering, and how long do you intend to keep it? If you are patient in your search, you will suceed. I have found that daughters have quite discriminating taste. Maximize your cost/benefit ratio. A few extra dollars spent on a better unit will yield the appropriate dividends in the end.

Angel73 05-18-2006 09:48 PM

ohhh

Well i have a 8 year old daughter and a 13 year old son.They both have been camping since they we're 2 years old.We been throw two campers 3 tents and now where in an airstream 31 ft and my kids love it....We're doing repairs this year and if we go camping it will be in a tent ,and my kids said if our tin can "as they call her" can't go then there not going....lol.....When i first bought the camper the kids hated it......Now if we go she must go to ...

Give her time she fall in love with your new camper too....

Van 05-18-2006 10:45 PM

lol, welcome to the forums and good luck in your search.

dmac 05-18-2006 10:51 PM

That is a wonderful "problem" to have.

I too was a single dad, but with a young son, for many years. We had many adventures together... not in trailers, as I was into airplanes at the time. We flew all over the USA together so often that people at small airports would recognize us as "the man with the little boy".

The size of your budget will define what you can buy... but if you buy used, get help from the experienced vintage Airstream owners here to avoid costly and/or time consuming restoration work. With just the two of you, you can get any size you want.

AZstreamin 05-18-2006 10:54 PM

Welcome

Jon,
Welcome to the forums.. I have a 3.5 yr old and she loves our new AS so much that she nearly cries when I have to take it back to RV storage. It is sooo cute. Your daughter, like her dad, has good taste. Good luck with the pursuit of happiness in Airstream ownership you've found the right support community.:)
AZstreamin