Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Off Topic Forum (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   Why arenít you using your Airstream this weekend? (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161/why-aren-t-you-using-your-airstream-this-weekend-22656.html)

breakaway 05-11-2006 10:31 AM

Why arenít you using your Airstream this weekend?

This summer has been planed for me:
  • Jury Duty
  • Graduations
  • Weddings
  • Curb Appeal, new driveway, landscaping

Really this is a list of good things, country, family and home. I guess Iím a lucky guy, but I do miss my Excella!!

How about you, why arenít you using your Airstreams this weekend?

balrgn 05-11-2006 11:30 AM

But I am using it this weekend? :D Don't even care ifin it rains. :cool:

enduroryda 05-11-2006 11:34 AM

We were suppose to take our maiden voyage tomorrow to my sons race...a close one so I figured if anything went wrong rather have it happen closer than far away.....rain is keeping it home:(....He couldn't wait to show it off to his buddies and I could just imagine all those muddy feet:blink:....

lewster 05-11-2006 11:53 AM

I'll be heading West sometime around the first week of June for a 5-6 month work trip with a little vacation thrown in. June will be working in Breckenridge, CO at the Tiger Run RV Resort, July for vacation in Hood River, OR and the rest is yet TBD, but could be anywhere there are RV's that need repairs. Hopefully my path will cross with some of the fine folks that are found on this airwave:D .

Westfalia 05-11-2006 12:38 PM

Me? Two simple reasons:

1) Eight Month pregnant wife
2) Broken right leg

DOH!

wkerfoot 05-11-2006 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewster
I'll be heading West sometime around the first week of June for a 5-6 month work trip with a little vacation thrown in. June will be working in Breckenridge, CO at the Tiger Run RV Resort, July for vacation in Hood River, OR and the rest is yet TBD, but could be anywhere there are RV's that need repairs. Hopefully my path will cross with some of the fine folks that are found on this airwave:D .

Lew,

Are you going to be at the International in Salem?

Bill

Stefrobrts 05-11-2006 12:52 PM

My husband's in a play and he's got rehersals this weekend :( But we were just out last weekend, and we've barely got the house back in order from that, so I can't complain. There's a garden waiting to be planted, so I should do that instead of galavanting around...

dmac 05-11-2006 01:20 PM

Daughter, and exchange student daughter, have High School prom dance this weekend.

I do have campground reservations for Memorial Day weekend though!

Chaplain Kent 05-11-2006 01:20 PM

We are having a giant yard sale to benefit the adoption fund for our daughter and son-in-law. People from all over have donated items and the garage is packed full. Hopefully the rain will hold off and we can get it set up outside.

genearnold 05-11-2006 01:32 PM

I'll be getting ready for our next trip.

We pulled the Limited up to Coeur díAlene for the week of April 23 Ė 30. What beautiful country there is in North Idaho! We were up there for a church conference through Wednesday, then dropped down to a GREAT Idaho Power RV park at the head of Hellís Canyon where we stayed two nights. These Idaho Power parks are the best Iíve seen. Everything is always ship-shape and the restrooms are clean enough to eat in! For several years weíve camped there in early November over our wedding anniversary. This was the first spring trip weíve made. For you whoíve never heard of Hellís Canyon; it is on the Snake River on the west border of Idaho. The canyon is the deepest gorge on the North American continent, more than 7,000 ft. deep!

We will leave on May 26th for some family time in Nebraska. Weíll return about the 12th of June.

Gene

AYRSTRM2 05-11-2006 01:41 PM

Because I'm installing my new converter and the wife has client projects due. I'm hoping that if we work hard this weekend, we can nip out the next one and dip down to Palomino RV for a new fridge.

sd90mac 05-11-2006 05:05 PM

Terry's working and I need to make bedspreads for nephews.
Marie:angel:

juel 05-11-2006 05:20 PM

Bob is working. I'm going to take the dogs and run down to the lake anyway. We've had big storms and wind and rain. I need to see if "Twink" is all right. There are people down there looking out for him, but I want to see for myself. Dogs are anxious to go anyway. Bought a new van yesterday, need to hit the road.

SilverRanger 05-11-2006 05:30 PM

I was in mine for a long weekend this past week. It's a rare day that I don't go out in the AS for some reason, even if it's only to be shrouded in aluminum until the voices stop. I've saved a small fortune by not having to make those tin foil helmets.:blink: