Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (http://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f459/)
-   -   Long Term Spot (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f459/long-term-spot-201298.html)

txlogic 09-26-2019 10:05 AM

Long Term Spot
 
The new management at the KOA Dallas (actually in Arlington Texas) has implement a new policy that long term campers can only stay for 1 year. So I have until mid November to relocate. If anyone know of any long term spots available in the DFW metroplex (preferably on the south side) please let me know. Thank you

blickcd 09-26-2019 11:40 AM

Check a website called rvparky.com and do a search for Arlington, TX. There are several RV parks to choose from, very close to your current location. I can't comment on their long term rates or policies.

There are also two mobile home parks in Dallas which have RV sites, though they both get one star ratings and may not be worth checking out.

This is what I've been able to find with a quick web search. The only things I really know about Dallas are the TV shows Fast n' Loud and Cheaters, so I hope this helps a little.

DKB_SATX 09-26-2019 11:56 AM

Are you working or retired? If you are retired (or perhaps if you work from the trailer) you might look for "campground host" situations. They have long-term hosts at Holiday on Benbrook Lake (Corps of Engineers park) and the extra benefit is the free site, often the only full-hookup site in CoE and state parks, etc.

txlogic 09-26-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blickcd (Post 2292824)
Check a website called rvparky.com and do a search for Arlington, TX. There are several RV parks to choose from, very close to your current location. I can't comment on their long term rates or policies.

There are also two mobile home parks in Dallas which have RV sites, though they both get one star ratings and may not be worth checking out.

This is what I've been able to find with a quick web search. The only things I really know about Dallas are the TV shows Fast n' Loud and Cheaters, so I hope this helps a little.



Thank you

txlogic 09-26-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKB_SATX (Post 2292833)
Are you working or retired? If you are retired (or perhaps if you work from the trailer) you might look for "campground host" situations. They have long-term hosts at Holiday on Benbrook Lake (Corps of Engineers park) and the extra benefit is the free site, often the only full-hookup site in CoE and state parks, etc.



Thanks, unfortunately I'm still working and will need to do so for a while to pay off this new trailer.

SYC2Vette 09-26-2019 03:31 PM

I remember when I talked to owners at a park that had gone to STR only (29 days or less) they said if we simply left for a day we could come back and do another 29 days. Did you ask the current owners if they will do another year if you simply leave for a day or two?

OTRA15 09-26-2019 03:40 PM

Good advice so far.

Hopefully you are on good terms with the management, and can talk this over with them. There is often a win-win path through situations like this. Sometimes "raising the ante" helps IMO.

Good luck,

Peter

txlogic 09-26-2019 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYC2Vette (Post 2292940)
I remember when I talked to owners at a park that had gone to STR only (29 days or less) they said if we simply left for a day we could come back and do another 29 days. Did you ask the current owners if they will do another year if you simply leave for a day or two?



KOA Dallas says after your year is up, you have to wait one full year before you can return.

txlogic 09-26-2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTRA15 (Post 2292944)
Good advice so far.

Hopefully you are on good terms with the management, and can talk this over with them. There is often a win-win path through situations like this. Sometimes "raising the ante" helps IMO.

Good luck,

Peter



Thanks Peter


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.